SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:28 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
14 Posts
I agree, that green paint scheme looks great.

Anyone know where to get alternate N-numbers to replace the euro "G-KEMY"?
greymachine is offline Find More Posts by greymachine
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2011, 06:56 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
Just go to your LHS and they have decal lettering kits there
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:02 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
14 Posts
Thanks, I'll do that.

Can't wait to maiden this thing, it's my first plane. Just waiting for a perfectly calm morning...
greymachine is offline Find More Posts by greymachine
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:45 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
Last week finished the maiden flight of my Sky Trainer by Airfield 55" with flaps and lights.

It is a sweet flying airplane. only 2 clicks of up needed to trim.

Flew three times with a 6 minute timer, never had to use more than 50% throttle.

Since The timer is set to only count down at above 25% throttle that equaled out to 8 minutes of flying per battery. Upon landing the batteries were reading 3.85 volts per cell.

I bought the RTF but switched it over to the DX8 so I could get some use out of the transmitter. These foam airplanes are a blast!!! This airplane has more than enough power straight from the box.

Next time out will mix some down elevator with the flaps, just like the real 182 she balloons when flaps are put down. I think by slowing down before adding flaps and some down trim it will perform just like the prototype.

I am very happy with mine.
NeilDahl51 is offline Find More Posts by NeilDahl51
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:13 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
that pic with the lights looks awesome. I still have not flown with my lights plugged in.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Sep 29, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:03 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,058 Posts
Just received mine still doing the build, I really enjoy dusk and even Night Flights, can't wait to get this puppie flying.

We need a clip of a nice dusk or night flight with this one.

Here's my Corvalis, loves Night Flights, just before dawn morning pass, moon upper right, well lit parking lot made it easy...Plane was much more visible than in video, again tnx to the well lit lot.

RC Flyzone Cessna 350 Corvalis LED Lights Night Flight Low Pass Lit Vacant Parking Lot (0 min 15 sec)
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
Last edited by wnppmy; Apr 27, 2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:43 PM
New Rochelle, NY
Joined Jun 2008
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greymachine View Post
I agree, that green paint scheme looks great.

Anyone know where to get alternate N-numbers to replace the euro "G-KEMY"?

This guy has a great service for all lettering needs..you can design yourself with your own choice of colors and font styles.

http://doityourselflettering.com/

And if you choose the option to peel the letters off yourself which is not that hard, then the prices are quite low...and the results will be far better than any prefabbed letters...

Jim
ny_hawk is offline Find More Posts by ny_hawk
Old May 03, 2011, 09:02 PM
Radian, Polaris, Mistaken ID.
Japan (Military)
Joined Nov 2010
389 Posts
I really like the way this plane flies. Here is me putting mine through the ringer. Actually, I intended to do some easy flying when a hawk attacked the plane.... so I retaliated with some aerial combat.... My wife caught this great picture!
Baseman is offline Find More Posts by Baseman
Old May 03, 2011, 09:15 PM
Ya gotta land eventually...
United States, NY, Mahopac
Joined Sep 2010
1,098 Posts
that is a real nice shot.
Davey NY is offline Find More Posts by Davey NY
Old May 04, 2011, 09:37 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Apr 2011
58 Posts
I have the same one, just bought it a month ago, great plane, my first couple of flights I had to replace the shaft. If its like mine, it is 3mm x 60mm threaded. headsuprc.com has a lot of replacement parts. Nitro is not very good for customer service.
regsilva is offline Find More Posts by regsilva
Old May 05, 2011, 08:00 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
I put an HK Orange rx inside and binded it to my DX6i. It flies much nicer (for me) with 80% dual rate settings on all the control surfaces plus a little "softening" of the stick with 20% expo.

The plane handled way better for me. Those elevator flaps are so scale! They're huge...so it's nice to soften their movement a bit. It really smoothed it out for me.

On the other hand, I had a brown-out with that rx. The plane almost ran away and I was freaked for about 10 seconds when suddenly she re-binded and I was able to reel her back-in. This included hopping over some power lines.

I have a satellite rx coming that'll plug into the Orange rx and I'll have that additional rx antenna poking out of the servo door at the rear of the plane.

Until I learn to be a little more comfortable with the larger wingspan, I'm going to hangar this great bird and fly the Super Cub LP -- which has a 42" span, but no ailerons. Then I'll put the Sky Trainer back up!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old May 05, 2011, 08:32 AM
Ya gotta land eventually...
United States, NY, Mahopac
Joined Sep 2010
1,098 Posts
Glad to hear you recovered her ok!

Smart planning too. Success stories rock!
Davey NY is offline Find More Posts by Davey NY
Old May 06, 2011, 08:30 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,058 Posts
I've received brown outs even with the regular spectrum receivers, two Radian totals and recently a low wing, dang the cheapo RTF setups have had less issues to none.

Enjoying the Sky Trainer, nearly everyone in our small group has one, now with lights and flaps, a beautiful flyer. Did find mine tail heavy, pushing battery to max past the compartment all the way in the nose makes for a correct COG Center Of Gravity and stable flying. I've flown it tail heavy and barely saved it on an earlier maiden, so even slightly nose heavy is much safer especially on the maiden.

Find the Lights not as bright as the Flyzone Corvalis, but the Sky Trainer certainly makes for an increadible dusk flyer.
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
Old May 06, 2011, 03:20 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
Wednesday got in 4 more flights. Now she is flying fine with flaps deployed.
Using Spektrum DX8
4 sec speed on flaps:
15 degrees with 18 % on elevator
Full Flaps with 22% on elevator

Flies the approach just like a real 182.

Adjusted the Elevator to 90% travel and now get a very nice flair for landing, keeping the none wheel off until slowed.

I really like this plane and it gets lots of compliments from others at the flying field.
NeilDahl51 is offline Find More Posts by NeilDahl51
Old May 06, 2011, 11:34 PM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2011
532 Posts
I've been eyeing this plane for a while now and was quite ready to pull the trigger when I accidentally found the FMS website. Lo and behold, the FMS Cessna had different graphics.

So I called NP yesterday and after being on hold for 10mins, I get a girl on the line. After asking if the Cessna is made by FMS, I hear her trying to find the plane on her computer, frantically typing and mumbling to herself. A good 5mins go by before I prompted her to try to look for Sky Trainer and she finally finds it.

But she has no information other than whats on the website except that she thinks its made by CMP. Or rather, she said her computer says its CMP.

I've left a post on the NP section asking if this is indeed a CMP or FMS plane. Still no answer and I'm leery to try calling them and looking for someone who would know for sure.

Not that it really matters who makes it, but I'm familiar with FMS products and am confortable with their quality.

Just a FYI.

Oh.. also, the Cessna on "Ready2Fly"'s site is GIANT. It has a wingspan of 1820cm

Vincent
vhuang168 is online now Find More Posts by vhuang168