Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:57 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
They look like parkzone warbirds to me. In between the 800mm and 1400mm Airfield or FMS warbirds.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:59 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post
They look like parkzone warbirds to me. In between the 800mm and 1400mm Airfield or FMS warbirds.
Yeah on second look they're too big for 800mm and the props aren't the 4-blade.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:06 PM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
they are all Parkzone warbirds they fly great, so if yall are looking to step out of the Cessna into something a little more advanced I definitely recommend them. The P47 can be bought BNF for around $260 USD the Corsair BNF for around $260 and the Mustang BNF for around $170, Retracts and flaps are easily installed just need servos for the flaps and E-Flite retracts, retracts cost about $90. I fly them using the DX7s. all of them are awesome planes to fly, and have many of the same characteristics of the Cessna we all fly and love!
Happy Flying!
stoopidmonkey is offline Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:44 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
no flaps or retracts and they are $260 each?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined May 2012
8,255 Posts
Brand-name tax. Like having "Apple" on your devices.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:59 PM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Quote:
no flaps or retracts and they are $260 each?
yep, Quality costs.
Last edited by stoopidmonkey; Feb 13, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:16 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
But they all work really well...I want a Gunfighter, I want retracts on it....nice planes SM...good to see you are moving on from the Cessna while I still use mine
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:26 PM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
But they all work really well...I want a Gunfighter, I want retracts on it....nice planes SM...good to see you are moving on from the Cessna while I still use mine
The gunfighter does not have landing gear at all... Hand launch, and grass landings for that bird. I was pretty upset when I opened the box and found that. It is crazy the dang thing has 30 something inch wing span and no gear? Oh well still fun as all hell to fly!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:32 PM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,434 Posts
For what they cost, why not get GWS Kits and put quality components of your choosing?
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:33 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...id_33_39=33|39

FMS is where it's at. It's too bad Banana Hobby is the US retailer
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:03 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,434 Posts
Don't know... Hard for me to imagine getting another one. I would only consider a kit and those are hard to come by. For what they cost, I rather buy a balsa frame.
The FMS Planes definitely have the advantage in terms of size and details. The reason I mentioned the GWS kits is becuase they are cheap, fly really well, and gives building experience and such are perfect if you can't go 50 flights without crashing... I believe they are in the same size as the PZ ones (< 40"?).
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
Joined May 2012
8,255 Posts
Quote:
http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...id_33_39=33|39

FMS is where it's at. It's too bad Banana Hobby is the US retailer
Nitroplanes carries Airfield, and that's FMS rebranded if I'm not mistaken.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:31 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,434 Posts
It used to be NP, they lost the "bid" to BH. They are now the exclusive FMS Dealer in the US. The weird thing is, which made it quite hard for me to follow this thread for quite some time now, is that it looks like FMS has perhaps sold their older 4CH SkyTrainer Molds to other mfrs. These other mfrs build these SkyTrainer kits now under a diff name which NP does carry. So at least for me, this has become very confusing. There seems to be quite more variations out there for this Plane now (there used to be only 2).
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:10 AM
United States, FL, Floral City
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
It used to be NP, they lost the "bid" to BH. They are now the exclusive FMS Dealer in the US. The weird thing is, which made it quite hard for me to follow this thread for quite some time now, is that it looks like FMS has perhaps sold their older 4CH SkyTrainer Molds to other mfrs. These other mfrs build these SkyTrainer kits now under a diff name which NP does carry. So at least for me, this has become very confusing. There seems to be quite more variations out there for this Plane now (there used to be only 2).
In today's world retailers all want exclusive deals. In the case of FMS planes BH pretty much has the U.S. locked up. Other retailers create a unique version of the FMS planes which are called by a different brand. In some cases it may be nothing more than a scheme change while in others different molds may be used. Examples are the HobbyKing Durafly line and MotionRC's RocHobby brand. I haven't seen any info on FMS having multiple factories but someone else may have that knowledge. On the other hand I haven't seen anything about Dynam models sold under different brands.
GrandpaInFlorida is offline Find More Posts by GrandpaInFlorida
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:10 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,434 Posts
- I am pretty sure (based on what other RCG members have said) that these 4CH SkyTrainer Variants are not made by FMS but rather by other mfrs.

- There was a bit of an uproar on RCG a few months back when FMS made that announcement and there was quite a bit of discussion around it in other threads.

- I don't think anyone other then NP and FMS knows the exact truth, and every coin has two sides, but the rumor (and that all it is!) on RCG was that FMS no longer wanted its products rebranded by NP.

On an anecdotal level I think we can see evidence of it:

- Airfield products no longer sold on NP (except older stock). I could be wrong I don't really go on their site anymore.

- Only 4CH SkyTrainer are sold on NP and not under the Airfield brand (so that supports the other mfrs theory).

- BH now sells only the 5CH SkyTrainer under the FMS brand (supporting the theory of FMS no longer making the 4CH SkyTrainer, and FMS wanting their products sold under the FMS brand). Is that correct? I don't think BH offers the 4CH SkyTrainer. I don't really go on their site either so maybe now they do.

Can you spell conspiracy theory...
RCG Plus Member