HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:09 AM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,618 Posts
E-flight power 25 for an outrages unlimited vertical Cessna 182...
Don't remember its power rating or prop from memory.
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:58 AM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Sky Trainer up for grabs

hey yall it has been a long time.... I am giving up my sky trainer to any one who wants her. I am in Esconddo Ca. in rehab , alcohol got the best of me. Just an update I am flying the Parkzone P-47D with retract and flaps, what a fun plane! This week I am picking up the Parkzone Corsair and the Mustang. I finally got a "real" TX I picked up the DX7s it is awesome! Here is the latest video enjoy!

Text or call me if interested in my sky trainer... 435-862-1604 Arnav you got first dibs if you want it also I have 2x RX and TX from the air field.and i have the factory esc and motor. I recommend getting the power 25 though with a 50 amp esc and fly her with the apc 12x12 prop unlimited vertical and gobs of power.

Flying the Parkzone P-47D in the fog (6 min 46 sec)
stoopidmonkey is offline Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:00 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,618 Posts
Hey!

Welcome back! We were really worried about you. The thread was not the same without you. I am happy you are trying to get your life in order and that you are taking care of yourself. If you are getting to fly again that must be a good sign...

Of course I would love to rescue bumblebee.. My Son would love to fly her.... If you let me know the box dimensions/weight, I can email you a FedEx label. it may be cost prohibitive to ship across the country in which case I am sure there is someone in CA which would love to have her.

Keep us updated, be well, and good luck!

Happy Flying....
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:36 PM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Arnav, thanks for the welcome back just pm me your address and I will handle everything else, I owe it to you after all. Thanks for letting me borrow your TX and RX. I will try to get the bumblebee off this week or the beginning of next.

As for the guy with motor issues I recommend the e-flite power 25 and a minimum of a 40a ESC, my Cessna loves it. With the 25 and 12x12 apc prop I am in the air instantly and vertical for ever and you want to talk about fasssst WOT. IMHO the power 25 upgrade is the best upgrade I have done, and I have done a lot of upgrading to the Cessna (used to be Airfield sky trainer) if you look back through these threads there are vids of everything I have done.

Happy flying!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:40 PM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Why you don't take your eyes off your plane

I looked at my TX for just a second and looked back my plane was in the sun moved the stick the wrong way and BOOOOM! poor plane!!!

Parkzone P-47D crash after math (2 min 39 sec)

Here is the on board crash footage

Parkzone P-47D CRASH!!!! (2 min 55 sec)
Last edited by stoopidmonkey; Feb 06, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:50 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,618 Posts
Now that is what I am talking about... You see why it was boring without you?

Sorry about your Plane. I did one of those also... Cut yourself a break. You haven't flown in a while... take it slow... These warbirds are hard to fly. Perhaps go back to the basics, including the Cessna. You know you miss her...

EDIT: After the Cessna I was flying (and still am from time to time) the GWS Formosa II. Look into it. I highly recommend it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:58 PM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Now that is what I am talking about... You see why it was boring without you?

Sorry about your Plane. I did one of those also... Cut yourself a break. You haven't flown in a while... take it slow... These warbirds are hard to fly. Perhaps go back to the basics, including the Cessna. You know you miss her...
Yeh i do miss her, but the warbirds are so much fun. Damn DX7s it is all its fault too many switches lol.... its always everything but the pilots fault. I tell you what get video of your boy flying the bumblebee and ill be happy with that. What do you think should i try to do a how to fix it vid with this mess or just bury it with my dog? after all the Mustang and the Corsair will be here this week. camera is toast too.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:01 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,618 Posts
I would go for epoxy or GG. Don't fly anything else until you can go 50 flights without crashing!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:24 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Good to see SM back in action. Crashing is like riding a bike. You never forget how to do it...

I did a touch and go on a snow covered lake today on floats with my Cessna. Too every bit of power and elevator to get back up
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:25 PM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
Good to see SM back in action. Crashing is like riding a bike. You never forget how to do it...

I did a touch and go on a snow covered lake today on floats with my Cessna. Too every bit of power and elevator to get back up
Man I missed you guys! glad to be back! Jim what motor/ prop are you using?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:25 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post

Do you have the bottoms of the floats covered with packing tape?
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:38 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
303 Posts
WELCOME BACK SM !!!!!

Like Arnav said, the thread has not been the same without you.

Hope you have things going in the right direction.

Bill B.
wjb111 is offline Find More Posts by wjb111
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidmonkey View Post
Man I missed you guys! glad to be back! Jim what motor/ prop are you using?
Apprentice gear
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:47 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,618 Posts
I like the new Avatar Bill..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Do you have the bottoms of the floats covered with packing tape?
Nope