HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:30 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,591 Posts
Pictures!

David,

You are certainly the professional and no reason those RC Magazines have retained your services and so much so that you need to take time and come to join us to practice the RC Hobby as well.

It was nice to meet up with you again and I am amazed that you can get your models up like you had not left them for several weeks / months and especially those obstacles such as those nasty portable Light Poles that were close to our landing surface. We had to come in between those Light Poles and facing the Sun for a few seconds!!

I really like these pictures that you posted up on FACE BOOK!!!


PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:47 AM
Warbird junkie
Dwhart24's Avatar
Oviedo, FL.
Joined Feb 2009
2,009 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Carlos!
Dwhart24 is offline Find More Posts by Dwhart24
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:32 AM
Registered User
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Nice! What you got?
Have a C-47 and a Extra 330SC 55" coming in
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:29 AM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,591 Posts
Landing Sequence! Just a fantastic RC Scale Model!

Guys,

Just noticed how well this model lands and a couple of David Hart's pictures showing a better view instead of the thumb nail pictures!

Just Love this landing sequence!











PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
Registered User
Roseville, CA
Joined May 2005
249 Posts
Got a Dynam 182 and want to hook up the lights. Only have wires with no connectors. Do I just wire them in parallel and hook them up to the 5 volt connector?
unloco2 is offline Find More Posts by unloco2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
I got my new motor this morning. The Tacon Bigfoot 25. I'm gonna ditch the 3s setup and use 4s batteries.
MrMention is offline Find More Posts by MrMention
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:18 PM
Registered User
JDMJim's Avatar
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,132 Posts
Almost buried my Cessna today due to a loss of control, not a brownout. My 3 seconds were up at about 3 feet off the ground! But it lives to fly another day...
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:25 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMention View Post
I got my new motor this morning. The Tacon Bigfoot 25. I'm gonna ditch the 3s setup and use 4s batteries.
To each their own.

I am so happy with the STOCK power system as my Cessna 182 is super light and is able to take-off and most especially land like a Baby Doll.

Added weight anywhere both motor and now Battery cells addition and not to mention perhaps larger capacity which equates to added weight will now transform the model into flying a little faster and lose that Scale Look.

If it was a T-28 Trojan model with a less than stellar power system on 3-cells, I can understand but, a Cessna 182?

Have fun.
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
Almost buried my Cessna today due to a loss of control, not a brownout. My 3 seconds were up at about 3 feet off the ground! But it lives to fly another day...
I fly my Cessna with the Castle Creations BERG 7-Channel DSP 72-Mhz super narrow band that registers your transmitter signal waveform characteristics in Dynamic Memory in the Receiver's registers. This allows for a orderly landing in case there is someone or a device that is on the same channel with harmonics or bleeding into the FM channel of choice. Additionally, since these BERG receivers do save your Transmitter characteristic waveform they work on either positive or negative shift meaning that you can use a HITEC or JR radios.
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
To each their own.

I am so happy with the STOCK power system as my Cessna 182 is super light and is able to take-off and most especially land like a Baby Doll.

Added weight anywhere both motor and now Battery cells addition and not to mention perhaps larger capacity which equates to added weight will now transform the model into flying a little faster and lose that Scale Look.

If it was a T-28 Trojan model with a less than stellar power system on 3-cells, I can understand but, a Cessna 182?

Have fun.
The stock setup is fine, it just feels a little under powered. I tried the stock system on 4S and it flew better but the motor came down hot. With the new motor I can fly on 3s or 4S using the stock prop, and because the new motor is 870kv vs stock 850, I should get a little extra boost on 3S. With the stock system on a 4S 3000 mah battery, it handled the weight really well and I'm still able to land without power
MrMention is offline Find More Posts by MrMention
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:54 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMention View Post
The stock setup is fine, it just feels a little under powered. I tried the stock system on 4S and it flew better but the motor came down hot. With the new motor I can fly on 3s or 4S using the stock prop, and because the new motor is 870kv vs stock 850, I should get a little extra boost on 3S. With the stock system on a 4S 3000 mah battery, it handled the weight really well and I'm still able to land without power
Yes correct, swinging that 3-Blade helps if you have a lower Kv of 850 as it has more torque Kt. I am sure if you change out the propeller to a 2-Blade with say a 10 inch with 7-pitch, it will perform a little more lively on 3-Cells. (Assuming 25C Discharge, minimum).

Should you still want to keep the Stock Motor and use 4-Cells, I would use nothing over 9-inch diameter and a 7 pitch and watch it zoom!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:08 AM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,591 Posts
At my RC Club near the Space Center and posing on top of the artificial Asphalt Runway!



PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:01 PM
Registered User
wjb111's Avatar
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
At my RC Club near the Space Center and posing on top of the artificial Asphalt Runway!



PS,

You say artificial asphalt. Is is the material that you see used around construction sites? We just put down some of that at our RC club. Maybe 12 ft wide by 100 ft long. 2 pieces side by side. I love it. Much easier for the electrics on take off & land vs the grass.

Bill B.
wjb111 is online now Find More Posts by wjb111
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:25 PM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb111 View Post
PS,

You say artificial asphalt. Is is the material that you see used around construction sites? We just put down some of that at our RC club. Maybe 12 ft wide by 100 ft long. 2 pieces side by side. I love it. Much easier for the electrics on take off & land vs the grass.

Bill B.
Bill,

I am no expert on this material but, it seems like you are correct. I do recall helping put down this material and it was two long strips side-by-side to make the wide and long runway that we have today.

Yes correct, it is much better than ruining nice Electric Retracts on Grass Field.

Now everyone is coming out with EDF Jets!!!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:25 AM
Registered User
h2oman's Avatar
West Michigan
Joined Feb 2010
141 Posts
Hey guys, what glue are you using for the tail feathers? I just got the newest version of this plane from BH. I have the older version of this plane and used epoxy and some CA glue on that one, but I've heard the epoxy can let loose on epo foam, and CA can get brittle on surfaces that are subject to flexing... so I don't know if I can trust it with my new bird.

On the foam servo cover under the fuse, I tried a small dab of the supplied glue, Shoe Goo, and Amazing Goop. After a few minutes, both the shoe goo and amazing goop softened the epo foam, but the supplied glue didn't... but I've heard to throw the supplied glue in the garbage and use something else. I've used gorilla glue in the past but I don't have time today to sit and watch it...

Any recommendations? Should I still use the shoe goo or goop and trust the foam will harden after they cure?
h2oman is offline Find More Posts by h2oman
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dynam Sky Trainer Cessna 182 dbc Foamies (Kits) 744 Apr 03, 2014 08:39 AM
Discussion New Airfield Cessna 182 Sky Trainer w/ Lights and flaps al18r21 Electric Plane Talk 91 Nov 30, 2012 10:30 AM
New Product New Airfield Cessna 182 skytrainer nitroplanes Scale Kit/Scratch Built 323 Apr 01, 2012 09:33 AM
Question Nitoplanes Airfield RC 55 Trainer $139.00 hyed Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 15 May 20, 2011 05:13 PM
Sold Nitro Planes Foam AirField Cessna Skyline 182 - 55" Trainer "RTF" $100 FlyBoyTha1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 12 Feb 10, 2010 05:15 PM