HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Flew 4 times today, I think my batteries are going bad, my charger says 12.6V but by the time I get to the field they are at 12.45V
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:43 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,763 Posts
Because the weak spot isn't so much the gear as the bottom of the plastic firewall, I used two DuBro parts, the #234 steerable gear, and the mount from another.
Wintr is offline Find More Posts by Wintr
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:58 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
Because the weak spot isn't so much the gear as the bottom of the plastic firewall, I used two DuBro parts, the #234 steerable gear, and the mount from another.
Thanks for sharing that picture! Great!

I may just change out mine!!!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-Flite "Dallas Doll" P-51D...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,763 Posts
This is my third. First one spent several months upside-down in a soybean field. Second, a careless stall put it nose-first from about 15 ft up into hard pavement. With each one, I had to do firewall repairs, where the nose gear flexed, and eventually cracked the plastic. I came up with the dual-mount when I installed the plywood firewall in the second. It held great, until that stall split the plywood.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:02 PM
ledpole
United States, NJ, West Deptford
Joined Jan 2012
53 Posts
2 blade prop size

anyone know the size of the 2 blade prop?
Thanks
ledpole is offline Find More Posts by ledpole
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:57 AM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
I just ordered a 3S 4000MAH battery, hopefully I can strech it to 15 mins now, I get about 8-9 on my 2650. I want to try to do more tricks with this plane, yes I know its not meant for that but I am very comfortable flying this plane now and dont want to buy a sport plane just yet as my wife keeps hinting me not to buy one cause Christmas is around the corner.
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Hum, seems like you have the bend a itish on that front nose wheel strut, huh?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3396

I took a pair of pliers and carefully bend my back into shape and all else is history!

Pitt
oh no no! Front wheel skirt was broke when I got the plane( hand me down). original owner "fixed" it but it bugs me and it never really tracked right...
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:10 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledpole View Post
anyone know the size of the 2 blade prop?
Thanks
That depends on which version you have. I have the original, with the 900kV motor, and it came with a 12x9 prop. I currently use an 11x8x3 blade
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
I finally got my cessna from UPS this morning. After a quick visually inspection, everything seems fine. The plane looks great but I wasnt expecting it to be so small. Its the same size of my FMS Zero. I just have to stop comparing everything to my 1400mm P-51.

The prop is an 11x9x3 and the motor is 850kv. I didnt have time to check the esc but it looks small so I gonna switch it out with a 60a dynam esc and 5a dynam bec. I'll also be switching that front gear. It looks very soft and the spring loaded strut that I have is the perfect size.

I'm gonna build it later when I get home and hope maiden in the morning if the weather cooperates. I'll have a video of the maiden tomorrow
MrMention is offline Find More Posts by MrMention
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
Hey guys. The maiden went well this morning. It was a little windy but plane flew fine. The power felt a little lacking. On my watt meter at WOT I was pulling 27A 320 watts. I'm gonna try a 12x8 prop and see how that goes.

I have 2 stage flaps setup but I realized I didnt need them. Just a touch of flaps will send the plane ballooning up pretty quick. I landed without them and its was really easy. I did exactly what the manual said. Just cut the power and let it float down. The landings were so easy I decided not to change the front gear since I fly of asphalt.

Other than the plane feeling a little under powered it still flew well.

Here is a short video of some of my landings. Sorry about the hat cam. It was pointed a bit low.

Maiden flight of the FMS 1400MM Cessna 182 (6 min 39 sec)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMention View Post
Here is a short video of some of my landings. Sorry about the hat cam. It was pointed a bit low.
Very nice landings! thanks for posting as I have just been inspired to finish repairing my 1400 Cessna. It hit a light pole on final approach a few months ago, dropped 30 ft straight down with some damage to the wings (repaired), motor firewall (fixed), rear wing mounting (in progress). No parts needed/need to be replaced, just a few grams of Gorilla glue and a small piece of aircraft plywood. Surprising how little damage it suffered considering the double impact.

Gotta love these foamies.
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider604 View Post
Very nice landings! thanks for posting as I have just been inspired to finish repairing my 1400 Cessna. It hit a light pole on final approach a few months ago, dropped 30 ft straight down with some damage to the wings (repaired), motor firewall (fixed), rear wing mounting (in progress). No parts needed/need to be replaced, just a few grams of Gorilla glue and a small piece of aircraft plywood. Surprising how little damage it suffered considering the double impact.

Gotta love these foamies.
Thanks. Yes these foamys are very strong. I cart wheeled my FMS Zero on a windy landing and only broke the tip of the rudder. I was pleasantly surprised it didnt suffer any major damage
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
Noob
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
MrMention is yours from Nitroplanes as well? I only saw the blue and red ones on their site. Is your black or am I seeing things?
ManiZ is offline Find More Posts by ManiZ
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiZ View Post
MrMention is yours from Nitroplanes as well? I only saw the blue and red ones on their site. Is your black or am I seeing things?
I got mine from BH. Its a dark navy blue color. I thought it was black yesterday when I got it and then when I took it out this morning I saw that it was blue
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,750 Posts
Another two flights with my Cessna this evening. This and my Dynam C-47 are my everyday planes. I like a plane I can depend on, and this one performs every time I put it in the air.

Jim
WVrailfan is online now Find More Posts by WVrailfan