HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:35 PM
Ecuador, Pichincha, Quito
Joined Aug 2002
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldlo View Post
Hi Carlos,

I have attached a picture of the items that you will get in the window set; hope this help.

Donald
Hi Donald, many thanks for the info. This is exactly what I am looking for. Sorry for having responded so late, lots of work!!

Cheers,

Carlos
UIO
a320jockey is offline Find More Posts by a320jockey
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, WI
Joined Dec 2009
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob006a View Post
I recently bought the FMS skytrainer it came with the twin blade propeller and the large nose spinner. I would like to remove the spinner but cannot figure out how to remove the large circular piece that is behind the propeller.

I want to upgrade the front nose wheel steering as I flew it for the first time today and already locked up the nose wheel and rudder servo. We were able to fly it using just the ailerons for turning.

Any advice on how to remove the large plate behind the propeller as I have to remove the Cowling to replace the nose gear with something more suitable and heavy-duty.

Thanks

That plate behind the prop should just pull off with your thumb at the end of the prop shaft and 2 fingers behind the plate (if you are refering to the stock setup).
jasturkey is offline Find More Posts by jasturkey
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, WI
Joined Dec 2009
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btown2 View Post
What would you guys recommend for the control throws? currently I am using 100% and 65% of Full throw as my duals, but I would bet that my 65% is still even way too much.
You are gonna have to figure out what works for you. The set up on this bird seems to vary alot between pilots. I personally don't use any low rates on mine. I run 100% on all my surfaces.
jasturkey is offline Find More Posts by jasturkey
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:25 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,131 Posts
I got my 4ch Cessna out after having to let it sit for nearly a month of high winds. My landings were still dead on light as a feather...yay!
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:09 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,589 Posts
Stock NOSE Wheel Repairs holding up GREAT!

Hi Guys!

My Sky Trainer is still taking off and landing with great results after two solid months after I repaired the front Nose Wheel Gear and yes, it still have the rip on top where the plastic pant cover meets the strut.

Can believe that I was able to bend that stock Strut back into it's original shape and not need to modify anything!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3396

This is a very robust model and I get lots of compliments when I land it!

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Last edited by PittSpecial; Nov 03, 2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
108 Posts
Guys I have not been on here in a while, havent had time to fly until recently, had about 10 great flights in the last week. I am sure it has been talked about but could I run this battery/will it fit? -

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl3300...-hardcase.html
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:17 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyd21 View Post
Guys I have not been on here in a while, havent had time to fly until recently, had about 10 great flights in the last week. I am sure it has been talked about but could I run this battery/will it fit? -

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl3300...-hardcase.html
It is a little too big.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:48 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
My dad has flown his with a 3300 but it wasn't a hard case. Measure the battery bay and see if it will fit.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:16 PM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
108 Posts
Can you get me the brand or part number on it?
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,412 Posts
It's chilly here in WV, but it was way too pretty not to get out and fly a bit. As usual, this plane made me look good;-)

Jim
WVrailfan is offline Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:52 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan View Post
It's chilly here in WV, but it was way too pretty not to get out and fly a bit. As usual, this plane made me look good;-)

Jim
Jim,

Looks like a great day in WV. Your flying season has to be somewhat longer than here in Michigan.
Cool pics. Looking like a nice landing.

Good Luck

Bill B.
wjb111 is offline Find More Posts by wjb111
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:49 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,131 Posts
Not so sure about that now....-anyways, does anyone want to part with their front strut and wheel skirt from a 4ch version?
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:16 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
Not so sure about that now....-anyways, does anyone want to part with their front strut and wheel skirt from a 4ch version?
Hum, seems like you have the bend a itish on that front nose wheel strut, huh?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3396

I took a pair of pliers and carefully bend my back into shape and all else is history!

Pitt
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb111 View Post
Jim,

Looks like a great day in WV. Your flying season has to be somewhat longer than here in Michigan.
Cool pics. Looking like a nice landing.

Good Luck

Bill B.
Thanks,
I fly all winter as long as the wind is calm. I have a Cub with skies and one on floats and fly them both off of snow. I hope to get some video this winter.

I may look at getting some skies for the Cessna.

Jim
WVrailfan is offline Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Sep 2012
322 Posts
I just ordered one of these plane from BH and I'm really excited. Its the N9258 blue version. I've got 2 Turnigy Nanotech 2650 25C battery that I plan on using. What amount of flight time should I be expecting with these batteries.

Also is there anything that needs to fix or improve before I fly this bird?

Thanks
MrMention is offline Find More Posts by MrMention