Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:53 PM
United States, CT, New Haven
Joined Dec 2011
166 Posts
Jondon I am with you. When I discovered it fit in my car without taking off the wings, I was a happy camper. I usually take this plane and my Grim Reaper from CTH, plus a few smaller planes when I fly.
cmaynex is offline Find More Posts by cmaynex
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:08 PM
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Oct 2009
120 Posts
I am looking at this FMS 55" Cessna - but have a question. Do you know the difference between the G-Kemy version at BH (currently out of stock) - http://www.bananahobby.com/sky-train...5362-prd1.html

and the N9258 version at BH - http://www.bananahobby.com/sky-train...1350-prd1.html

They seem to have the same specs and price. Any advantage to either, or differences other than decals?

Thanks!
svtdoug is online now Find More Posts by svtdoug
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:14 PM
Portland, OR
Joined May 2010
165 Posts
Same plane, different markings. I have the blue G-KEMY 55 inch version purchased earlier this year. I like having N numbers on my models but the N9258 version color scheme seems kinda busy and takes some of the sleek looks away from the airplane. Just my opinion. It flies awesome
davidrd is offline Find More Posts by davidrd
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, NJ, Jackson
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtdoug View Post
I am looking at this FMS 55" Cessna - but have a question. Do you know the difference between the G-Kemy version at BH (currently out of stock) - http://www.bananahobby.com/sky-train...5362-prd1.html

and the N9258 version at BH - http://www.bananahobby.com/sky-train...1350-prd1.html

They seem to have the same specs and price. Any advantage to either, or differences other than decals?

Thanks!
I love the pic on BH of the plane upside down on the grass. Mine has looked liked that a couple of times
Scooch is offline Find More Posts by Scooch
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:04 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,880 Posts
Hi guys!

I have been flying the Tar out of my 182 and yesterday was super calm and flew two flights with mixed throttle. In the first 4 minutes it was fast passes and hammer heads, inverted flight, and slow scale rolls.

The reminder (another 4 minutes) of the flight it was super slow with Flaps and those lights at the super early morning just made it stand out and everyone was asking questions!

I just Love this model!!!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:49 AM
johnd
1 Stoplight town East of Lansing, MI
Joined Aug 2006
133 Posts
Sigh, I need to get my new prop on the plane. Also, on my previously posted video, if you look and listen closely, you hear the motor cutting out and see an obvious lack of control... I just ordered a 40amp esc, so hopefully that will be the solution!

Has anyone put this bird on floats yet? Is the float kit for the 182 Skywagon too big?
jondon69 is offline Find More Posts by jondon69
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:41 AM
Ya gotta land eventually...
United States, NY, Mahopac
Joined Sep 2010
1,075 Posts
This plane will cutout with less than 40 amps. Stock prop and motor setup can WOT as high as 37amps, so its a time bomb.

Also, make sure your throttle is calibrated on you Tx..that can cause pulsing as well at WOT

David
Davey NY is offline Find More Posts by Davey NY
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:49 AM
johnd
Joined Aug 2006
133 Posts
Thanks for the tips -- I rarely run at WOT -- only take off up and climbout to about 20 or 30 feet, then throttle right back. Then I usually idle along at half or so. I will be glad to stop worrying about it though... might even try some aerobatics now if I know I can run it flat out without cutouts or bursting into flames :-)))
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Sep 2012
362 Posts
Hey guys... I have the Nitro Planes Aeroksy version of this model (G-KEMY). I am having horrible problems with the nose gear bending to hell and this is after switching out the stock for a Dubro 1/2 A. The problem inherently is that our field is grass and the extra drag on the wheel from the grass is enough to bend it during landing. Does anyone have a good landing gear set up for grass?
btown2 is offline Find More Posts by btown2
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:09 AM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,323 Posts
Check the attachments in this thread and the post they are pointing to, Myself and Ace and others are using the "it can tow a car" du-bro 5/32 heavy duty NG (cat #152).
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
how tall is the grass at your field, Unless it is really tall i think you need to work on your landings. The Dubro setup will stand up to grass just fine if you are landing on the mains first.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:13 AM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,323 Posts
+1. This for me was back when I was learning. I was coming in hot and fast (even dead stick). If you bend the du-bro 1/2A you probably need to work on your landings. Read this first, I suspect you will find the du-bro 1/2A is just fine..
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
johnd
Joined Aug 2006
133 Posts
I know I need to work on MY landings :-))) I've straightened that dang nose gear enough times that I think it's gonna snap next time I do! Of course my runway's a country road, which has its plusses and minuses too I guess!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:17 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
I've witnessed the nose gear snapping after being bent back a number of times. Not on MY plane of course.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:59 AM
Ya gotta land eventually...
United States, NY, Mahopac
Joined Sep 2010
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondon69 View Post
Thanks for the tips -- I rarely run at WOT -- only take off up and climbout to about 20 or 30 feet, then throttle right back. Then I usually idle along at half or so. I will be glad to stop worrying about it though... might even try some aerobatics now if I know I can run it flat out without cutouts or bursting into flames :-)))
Common misconception: whether you run at WOT or not the ESC does not care. The ESC "pulses" full amps to the motor. So for example, if you run at 1/4 throttle, it means your ESC will pulse the motor more rapidly than say, at half throttle.

Picture you manually blipping your throttle to vary your speed..this is what the ESC does at nano-second speed.

So, whatever you run at a static WOT test (removing minute variables, ,such as prop unloading when you are actually airborne- the load decreases 10-15%) this is what is passing thru your ESC.

This plane needs minumum of 40amp ESC .

Hope I kinda explained this well...

David
Davey NY is offline Find More Posts by Davey NY