SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:12 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,652 Posts
Got in a couple of flights around sunset today. What a sweet flying plane this Cessna is.

Jim
WVrailfan is offline Find More Posts by WVrailfan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:46 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
All these places used to carry parts for this Plane:

http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...6fec29ebfdf7ae

http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/en/...r_id=42&page=6

http://rc-castle.com/shop/index.php?cPath=154_153_169

http://www.pw-rc.com/index.php/cPath...45f033c1cc6607

http://www.toysonics.com/fms/?catid=258

http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...pare-part.html

http://www.nitroplanes.com/aircgltrr.html

I haven't visited some of them in a while. With the recent FMS distribution woes, some may no longer carry FMS parts (e.g. Philip and rc-castle ) or at least about to stop.

Why not switch to a 2 blade prop from LHS?

I ordered prop shafts from pw-rc. Received them today from Hong Kong. Was about a 2 1/2 week delivery.
Better late than never..............

Bill B.
wjb111 is offline Find More Posts by wjb111
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:50 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Alan View Post
Would any one know where I could get a replacement battery hatch? I lost mine today over the field.
Thanks,
C. Alan

Not sure where they are availible. Based on theposts with hatches that go mia, I use a strip of electrical tape for safe measures.

Bill B.
wjb111 is offline Find More Posts by wjb111
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:03 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Alan View Post
Would any one know where I could get a replacement battery hatch? I lost mine today over the field.
Thanks,
C. Alan
If you got it from Nitroplanes, here's a tip. Call them and wait on hold (yeah, I know...) but ask for someone in Parts to help you. Ask them if they can steal one from a returned plane. I have done this a few times and NP was pretty cool about it.

Be sure to remain friendly - no matter how long you have to rot on hold.

They have all kinds of returned planes from newbs who claim they are "defective." Often, they are destroyed, but have useable parts.

NP might charge you a few $$ and shipping. If you have your original order number, they might even send you it as a "warranty" and just charge shipping.

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:17 AM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb111 View Post
I ordered prop shafts from pw-rc. Received them today from Hong Kong. Was about a 2 1/2 week delivery.
Better late than never..............

Bill B.
I converted mine to collet style by putting a longer shaft in...
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
United States, TX, Hidalgo
Joined Jun 2006
170 Posts
i thinking to change the stock ESC what do you think about :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

if you have other option i,ll be happy ˇˇˇ
Thanks
equus is offline Find More Posts by equus
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,543 Posts
Don't just think about it, change it... At 30A (or even those that come with 35A) it is too low. If you put a Watt meter to the Plane you will see that it pulls anywhere from 33A to 38A depending on which prop you use... I personally had good experience with HobbyWing (AKA ExceedRc) ESCs tough if you can shell for Castle i think it is worth it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Jun 2006
170 Posts
Quote:
Don't just think about it, change it... At 30A (or even those that come with 35A) it is too low. If you put a Watt meter to the Plane you will see that it pulls anywhere from 33A to 38A depending on which prop you use... I personally had good experience with HobbyWing (AKA ExceedRc) ESCs tough if you can shell for Castle i think it is worth it.
Thanks !!!!
What about this??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-Pe...item4167bdeddc
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:50 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,543 Posts
haha, ebay... good idea. I have the same ExceedRc branded ESC and have been very happy with it. No issues to-date. A bunch of folks here use it as well. At this price point to be honest you really can't go wrong. Plus, if you don't want to lose this really nice airplane for a dying ESC you can always add a good CC BEC and just glide her back in should the ESC quit on you. Let us know how this work out...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:23 PM
United States, NJ, Jackson
Joined Nov 2011
329 Posts
I had multiple great flights this weekend. I love this plane. I was flying in 10-12 MPH winds without any problems. I still can't get the hang of the flaps (not that you really need them, she just floats in).
Scooch is offline Find More Posts by Scooch
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:05 AM
Joined Jun 2006
170 Posts
Quote:
haha, ebay... good idea. I have the same ExceedRc branded ESC and have been very happy with it. No issues to-date. A bunch of folks here use it as well. At this price point to be honest you really can't go wrong. Plus, if you don't want to lose this really nice airplane for a dying ESC you can always add a good CC BEC and just glide her back in should the ESC quit on you. Let us know how this work out...
Thanks againˇ
I,ll buy this then an of course you a video will be posted as soon the esc is on the plane!!!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:39 AM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
Well, I went downstairs to my hangar again and did some maintenance work on my Skylane. Unfortunately, the plane was sitting in direct sunlight for too long one day and the front windshield sort of shriveled up like shrink-wrap, so I had to cut out the squiggly edges. Else than that, I replaced the main wheel pants with 2 1/2" Dubro tires, and because of the that the plane now tends to sit at around a 2-3 degree nose-down angle. This should help me with landings as it'll give me more of a chance to touch down on mains first during my rough landings on grass.
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:17 AM
Dallas USA, TX
Joined Jul 2010
207 Posts
I, also bought the Hobbywing 40A ESC on eBay. Have had no trouble at all with it. Mine came from Hong Kong so I had to wait a little longer. Cost was $12.16 including shipping.
eagle1933 is offline Find More Posts by eagle1933
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:57 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minivation View Post
....and because of the that the plane now tends to sit at around a 2-3 degree nose-down angle.
Yes, mine was the same. This plane has an amazing ability to fly very nose heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooch View Post
I had multiple great flights this weekend. I love this plane. I was flying in 10-12 MPH winds without any problems. I still can't get the hang of the flaps (not that you really need them, she just floats in).
I would not use flaps at such winds. At 10-12MPH the wind will provide all the stopping power you may need.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:08 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
in that wind, you should be able to come in with the nose up too....land on the mains first
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim