All these places used to carry parts for this Plane:

http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...6fec29ebfdf7ae

http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/en/...r_id=42&page=6

http://rc-castle.com/shop/index.php?cPath=154_153_169

http://www.pw-rc.com/index.php/cPath...45f033c1cc6607

http://www.toysonics.com/fms/?catid=258

http://www.bananahobby.com/electric-...pare-part.html

http://www.nitroplanes.com/aircgltrr.html

I haven't visited some of them in a while. With the recent FMS distribution woes, some may no longer carry FMS parts (e.g. Philip and rc-castle ) or at least about to stop.

Why not switch to a 2 blade prop from LHS?
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:24 PM
johnd
1 Stoplight town East of Lansing, MI
Joined Aug 2006
133 Posts
Ha, few there that I hadn't found... I really like three blade look... what would be the equivalent 2 blade prop for replacing the 3 blade 11 x 9?
jondon69 is offline Find More Posts by jondon69
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:57 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
Start at 12x6, 12x7 and go up from there if you want something more aggressive. I am using a 12x10, but to be honest there is probably no reason to have such a high pitch prop on this plane.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
Hurray, I successfully converted the stock 3536 motor to a collet style adapter
No more proprietary hex adapters! Now I can walk to my LHS and pick a prop adapter when I need one.

I tried two shafts from headsuprc. The first one actually fit better without any modification. However, it uses a C clip and I am C clip challenged. I could not get that clip on for the life of me until it finally lost shape. So I ended up using a longer shaft so I can close it in the back with a collar and I shaved about 3 4mm from it. I ran it on the bench and it works great. The bearings of the motor are surprisingly still in a good shape. Maybe now I will be motivated to fix my much neglected Cessna...
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:37 PM
New Rochelle, NY
Joined Jun 2008
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondon69 View Post
Ha, few there that I hadn't found... I really like three blade look... what would be the equivalent 2 blade prop for replacing the 3 blade 11 x 9?
That would be a 12x9 which is what mine came with stock. I normally run a 12x8.. Running a much lower pitch means lowering the speed the plane is capable of and it means that much less headroom over stall speed.. You can run a large prop but run too low a pitch and you will not fly, not fly well or have to keep the throttle way up all the time.. Pitch means how fast you can fly and larger diameter of the prop means more thrust but they are also interrelated.
ny_hawk is offline Find More Posts by ny_hawk
Last edited by ny_hawk; Sep 01, 2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:33 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
318 Posts
Had my 9th flight today with my Cessna & my first crash. I'm rather cr@ppy on landings. I usually nose over as she lands. I believe due to a grass field at the club & of course my rookie skills or lack of. The last flight I tried to slow down more than usual & somewhat lower but hit the tall weeds before the runway. She did a couple cart wheels on the wing tips.
All in all it was rather amusing to see & the only damage is the rear stab got a little banged up. Some welders & she will be good to go.
ONE TOUGH BIRD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill B.
wjb111 is online now Find More Posts by wjb111
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:34 AM
Meh close enough.
United States, TX, Longview
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
True, true, my Skylane tends to do the same thing - the plane tends to do weird things when I slow her down on short final. I was on short final on top of an asphalt runway when the plane suddenly slowed down, sank (maybe a gentle stall?) and hit the ground hard. A bit of maintenance had to be done on the landing gear assembly, but else than that, things looked good.
Now I come it slightly fast with a steeper glideslope - by the time I flare out the speed bleeds off and makes for a nice landing. Flight characteristics may differ depending on each plane, though.
minivation is offline Find More Posts by minivation
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:19 AM
New Rochelle, NY
Joined Jun 2008
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minivation View Post
True, true, my Skylane tends to do the same thing - the plane tends to do weird things when I slow her down on short final. I was on short final on top of an asphalt runway when the plane suddenly slowed down, sank (maybe a gentle stall?) and hit the ground hard. A bit of maintenance had to be done on the landing gear assembly, but else than that, things looked good.
Now I come it slightly fast with a steeper glideslope - by the time I flare out the speed bleeds off and makes for a nice landing. Flight characteristics may differ depending on each plane, though.
Do you have flaps?

If not they are easy to setup and she'll land like a dream with them.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:55 AM
Meh close enough.
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
Mmm-mm...

No, I don't have flaps... But I do have a lot of servos lying around...
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:02 AM
johnd
1 Stoplight town East of Lansing, MI
Joined Aug 2006
133 Posts
Flaps are the whole reason I have this plane! BUT, if you get used to the nice slow landings with flaps, and then forget them once? Boy this thing rolls on! (I usually fly off a nice smooth road, but begin to see the advantage of a grass strip!)
jondon69 is offline Find More Posts by jondon69
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:56 PM
New Rochelle, NY
Joined Jun 2008
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minivation View Post
Mmm-mm...

No, I don't have flaps... But I do have a lot of servos lying around...
Very easy to add them, just follow the lines on the wing and cut carefully.. If if you need any info I think there is at least one video and probably a few posts on it...

She lands very slow and graceful with them...and should you want to add a camera or whatever additional equipment they help too--mine is way over weight and she needs them.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:50 AM
Meh close enough.
Joined Dec 2010
558 Posts
Ooh - but adding flaps on my plane means it'll make the radio setup 5ch, which means I'll have to ditch the stock 2.4Ghz for my 72mHz Optic 6, but I don't have a spare receiver. BUT: I'm ordering one from AbellHobby (along with a replacement NiMH for the Optic 6) and I should get it by October-ish. Sorry for the random question, but anybody know anything about this vendor?
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:30 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Stock nose wheel assembly without any spring action!

Hi guys!

Been a few weeks that I have not posted as been busy with new projects.

Took my wonderful Sky Trainer Cessna 182 for two super flights in rather calm conditions in my Central Florida RC Club. I was able to take-off and land amongst lots of miniature lakes around my field but, the artificial Asphalt Runway was dry!

Both flights were terrific and on the start of the 2nd Flight, I forgot to start my Countdown Timer and using an old tired Li-POLY Battery which did not help things I found my model put putting low and slow and when I noticed the battery dumping on me, it was too late and I allowed the model to land down wind and North of the landing strip which caused an Ugly nose landing gear hit and complete flip over. There was NO damage except the Nose Wheel Gear metal assembly got pretty bent and front wheel cover cracked at the top end where strut comes out.

I have been looking and looking for the freaking Nose Wheel assembly and every one wants lots of $$ and forcing you to buy the main gear assembly as well!

Instead of buying the same sorry BUTT assembly without any spring loaded bend, I am going to follow a few suggestions here and most especially going to install the Du-Bro 1/2A Nose Wheel Assembly, Part Number 234 as shown in this Video!!

Nitroplanes AirField Sky Trainer Landing Gear Modification (6 min 32 sec)
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:19 PM
Certified cat herder
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
260 Posts
Would any one know where I could get a replacement battery hatch? I lost mine today over the field.
Thanks,
C. Alan
C. Alan is offline Find More Posts by C. Alan
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:24 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
Nowhere, sorry... You would need to fabricate one from scratch, use velcro, or stretch a rubber band between two pins... I created one from ply and it looked and worked great (view attachments in the thread..).
RCG Plus Member