Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 03, 2012, 09:21 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
GWS floats. checked the plane this morning. can pick it up by the front float mounts.....sweet!
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 09:29 AM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,930 Posts
Here is a couple of my paint scheme all weathered up and ready for scale competition. However, it is 73" wing span. You can see my 1400mm in the background who served me well as a test bed for systems testing etc.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old May 03, 2012, 10:43 AM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.b.4 View Post
I got a cowl and prop from Hobby-paradise last week. Go to FMS parts and 1.4mm, also RC castle has your parts, if 1.4.............b.b.4
Actually, i don't think you are correct (tough I would love to be wrong). If you are referring to those two:
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...roducts_id=521
http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/pro...ct_detail.html

Then those are for the new 6CH version not the 4CH version that myself, SM, and JDJIM have...

Again, I would love to be wrong as then it means this version could continue to be maintained going forward..
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2012, 02:03 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
static float test with 2200 in the belly. so far so good

JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old May 03, 2012, 09:26 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Awesome!!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old May 04, 2012, 12:12 AM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Hello my fellow airfield fliers!... I just got back from Europe off on a business trip! Some places were cool but others were not.

What did I miss? I have not yet fixed my plane but I will this weekend. Vid to come...

Arnav.. I am sorry... your box will be shipped in the morning, I was asked to leave the same day I received your package. Thank you! My boys will be happy!

I am a little behind on posts, in fact I do not remember what page we were on when I left! Did Alex crash his new plane? How did Arnavs repairs go??? I will have to read back through and see what happened.... I am just glad to be back in America! I have little time to fly here before I leave for China, Looking forward to some time in the air with my favorite (only) foamie before I go! Well boys and girls, the wife beckons I will be on in the morning!

Glad to be back!
The stoopidmonkey
stoopidmonkey is offline Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Old May 04, 2012, 12:53 AM
b.b.4
United States, IL, Hoopeston
Joined Jan 2012
78 Posts
ARNAV
Yes, I have the 6ch. I thought the 4ch was a 1.4m also......hope SM gets your part to you
b.b.4
b.b.4 is offline Find More Posts by b.b.4
Old May 04, 2012, 07:36 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Hey SM!! Going around the world, huh? Sounds fun!
I eventually cancelled my order for the Dynam one because they said it would take ANOTHER 2-4 weeks, so I cancelled it, and the VERY NEXT FRIGGIN DAY it was in stock....for 20 FRIGGIN BUCKS MORE!!!!! That really pissed me off. I just turned aroun and bought a 3D Hobby Shop foamy from one of my club members then
SM...get the EPP SLICK 38"!! Or one of the 48" series!! Theyre indestructable!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old May 04, 2012, 07:53 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,440 Posts
b.b.4, Yes, the 4CH is also 1.4m but its uses slightly different components. For example, the Cowl is plastic as oppose to foam (which is what i believe the Cowl on the 6CH is made from).

SM, no worries. Welcome back!

China you say? Maybe you will get to make a stop in the birthplace of EPO or in a HK/fms LHS. I am assuming you will come back with suitcases loaded with 9x radios, hxt900 servos, and FMS kits....
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 10:05 AM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.b.4 View Post
ARNAV
Yes, I have the 6ch. I thought the 4ch was a 1.4m also......hope SM gets your part to you
b.b.4
b.b. Try calling snhobbies.com they probably still have the 4 CH cowls, that is where I have gotten all of mine in the past. just a thought.
stoopidmonkey is offline Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Old May 04, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,621 Posts
I have been looking at this plane for a while as a step up from my HZ Super Cubs, which I have converted to 4 ch planes, and after reading a lot of the posts here I ordered one this week.

I plan to cover the plane and letter it as a Civil Air Patrol craft. The only concession I think I may have to make is to put slightly larger wheels on it since I fly from grass.

For those of you veterans with this plane, do you have a list of "must make mods" you would do if you got a new plane?

Jim
WVrailfan is offline Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old May 04, 2012, 10:20 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,440 Posts
SM, it was me after the 4CH Cowls. I will give them a call or email them and post their response. Hopefully we will not be stuck going forward, otherwise an upgrade to the 6CH is imminent...

WVrailfan, read the next few posts starting with Crucial's here.

For everyone else, we should to contact the OP to include the list of mods in the orig post. I may do that when I have a chance...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 12:18 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,440 Posts
Crucial, btw, I got everything I need for the super rare - super useful balance to BEC connector .

I ended up ordering these from EPbuddy as it was cheaper to add it onto an existing order vs. going through digikey:
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=124
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=117

Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 12:36 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
The pcb board attached to the socket is a better design than my hot glued version. It should stand up to more abuse that way.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old May 04, 2012, 10:47 PM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Hey guys, I pick up one of the FMS sky trainer cessna's (55.5") from BananaHobby and got it all assembled, going to take it out tomorrow for it maiden flight, I already ordered a Du-Bro 234 nose gear rod but I need to know what else I need to upgrade, I have read the first 40 pages of this thread but its a year old and some of the links dont work anymore, I would like to know what kind of metal servo to get for the rudder/steering and where to get a good (inexpensive) ESC. I am not too fond of the wing support rods, the glue keeps coming undone so I may fab up a bolt setup through the wing to keep them in place. I am pretty scared for tomorrow I hope all goes good, I have a flight sim (not for RC planes) that im pretty good on but I have never had a RC plane, there is a RC plane feild 5 mins from my house with a long runway so I will be going there in the AM.
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21