HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:33 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Alex, Congratulations on your RealFlight6 win! Nice... I am jealous...
Thanks!!! Did you see the newsletter or see it on my blog?
http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/ama...ontest-winner/
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:46 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseHead13 View Post
this sucks I do every thing it says to do it binds I shut it all down to connect the other ch and power it back up and nothing ugh I've been waiting so long for this to come in I dont know what to do now??????
So, you installed the binding plug, went through the instructions and got a bind? Did you remove the binding plug before powering it again?
Wintr is offline Find More Posts by Wintr
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:50 PM
MooseHead13
United States, IL, Darien
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
it came with the radio
MooseHead13 is offline Find More Posts by MooseHead13
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:51 PM
MooseHead13
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
yep when I plug it all back up NOTHING ???
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:08 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
what TX/Rx?

Crucial, is that the correct JST female connector? http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...249-ND/1651047
That looks like the right one.

Don't get stuck on using those connectors and the balance plug. There are a number of different ways to wire it. You could cut off that red jst plug and solder on an extension from those wires to the esc power connection at the battery plug. You wouldn't need to buy anything that way.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:56 PM
MooseHead13
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
Eureka!!!! GOT IT She lives
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:04 PM
I live my life 8oz at a time..
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,344 Posts
Crucial, agreed. Its not a prerequisite for using the BEC but when I do get the right connectors I definitely want to go that way. In addition to DigiKey, my LHS says they have 2 separate adapters that can be cut and made into what you have described. I just think it is a genius way of connecting a BEC:

1. You can switch or remove the BEC without having to solder anything.
2. Like you said, you can work on the electronics/servos without having to worry about the motor.

I am so surprised this is not the standard/common way of doing it. I am also surprised the big stores don't sell cables like that already. it just seems to make perfect sense.

MooseHead, so what was it?

Alex, I saw it in the newsletter....
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:28 PM
MooseHead13
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
reversed polarity noob mistake what can i say
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:25 AM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
I maiden crashed my Edge today flight lasted 45 seconds! It needs a new wing and fuse now. The huge flight surfaces are touchy to say the least. I guess it is back to the Cessna.
stoopidmonkey is offline Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:44 AM
MooseHead13
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
Ouch sorry to hear that stupid monkey Just got my bird all together up and running Hoping I canmadin it at soon just waiting on the wind to die down around here
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:40 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
That's why I don't have a aerobatic plane. I'll stick to hammerheads in the Thunderbolt. even those screw up my situational awareness for a second.....
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:28 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidmonkey View Post
I maiden crashed my Edge today flight lasted 45 seconds! It needs a new wing and fuse now. The huge flight surfaces are touchy to say the least. I guess it is back to the Cessna.
Yeah I was thinking that this would happen....with all the crashes on the Cessna....sorry to hear
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:34 AM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Sorry to hear that the Edge crashed, SM - I am sure you are really disappointed. When those planes get a way from you they can do it in a real hurry.

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:51 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Did you have any low rates setup? Always a good idea with a maiden and on an aerobatic plane.

Is it on video?
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:44 AM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post
Did you have any low rates setup? Always a good idea with a maiden and on an aerobatic plane.

Is it on video?
Yea id did set low rates, I guess not low enough, no I did not get a video of it I had no camera man, and I can not find my key chain cam. I did a short take off it pulled up faster than I expected I freaked and hammered the elevator into a low level loop and smacked a tree trunk with the right wing, I would have been ok if I didn't hit the tree trunk. it surprised me how fast it responded to inputs, It is really not that big of a deal I have the wing, the guy I bought it from gave me an extra wing and set of tail feathers, I just need a new fuse. I will get the Cessna back together this weekend. Lesson learned a little input goes a long way .
stoopidmonkey is offline Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey