to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:44 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post
In the plane I use one in I have a plug that connects the BEC to the balance plug on the battery. It's nice for setting up the plane as you can power your rx and servos without worrying about taking the prop off.

Arnav, the BEC plugs into the BAT port of your rx and powers it and the servos that way. The ESC still plugs into the throttle channel of the receiver but as the last post says you have to make sure you take out the center plug in your ESC wire.
Do you guys remember the BEC discussions? So i got mine in the mail and I have questions about the connectors (see pics):
  • The red connector is the power/input. Does anyone know what this connector is called? I can then look for a JST (balance) plug adapter to that plug.

EDIT: i think i just figured out this is a JST female connector.
  • Out of curiosity, why have they split the Rx connector to two? So that if you have spare ports you would plug both of them (to reduce resistance, etc')?
  • What is the purpose of the servo extension wire?
  • I am assuming that if the Rx and the Servos can handle 6V i should change the voltage from 5V to 6V for better performance?

Thanks!
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by arnav; Apr 20, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:34 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
The red plug is a jst plug.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9683
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:44 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
So the cable that you are using is a JST male (connects to BEC) to JST-XH female (connecting to battery)? Did you buy it or make one yourself? I can't find such cable at LHS website or HK.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:46 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
I bought JST-XH plugs and terminals from digikey and made the connector myself. My BEC didn't come with a plug on the power connection wires.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:53 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
What BEC did you buy?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:04 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
I bought this one becuase anything with ultimate in its name must be really good... kidding. Those are made by Hobbywing...

Oye, the digikey website might as well be written in Chinese (search results for JST XH female on their site). None of these look like what I need. If you have the link for what I need handy, I would greatly appropriate it. Otherwise, if LHS has two different cables with the correct connectors I'll combine the two into one...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
Alex, Congratulations on your RealFlight6 win! Nice... I am jealous...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:49 PM
MooseHead13
United States, IL, Darien
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
Oh my cessna brothers I need help I'm self teaching my self this stuff now cant get transmitter to bind with recever??????
MooseHead13 is offline Find More Posts by MooseHead13
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
what TX/Rx?

Crucial, is that the correct JST female connector? http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...249-ND/1651047
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by arnav; Apr 20, 2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
MooseHead13
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
fly sky x9
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:13 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Nov 2004
593 Posts
Arnav, from your link:
"2.8 There are 2 output leads to reduce the resistance when connecting the UEBC to the receiver."

6v will give faster response if your servos/esc/rx can handle it.
And the servo extension, at first I thought it just had a cut red wire to prevent ESC from also feeding but one of the comments says:
"Also comes with a reall cool regulator that knocks the power down to 5.3. It goes between what ever servo you like. I put it between the esc and RX. Works great. " and it does look from your photo there is something inline on the red wire (.7v diode drop?) so if your esc etc can't handle 6v, you can use the "extender"

nice UBEC..seems they thought of everything except a way to keep it in stock
RedLine19k is offline Find More Posts by RedLine19k
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:27 PM
Apache Junction,Arizona
Joined Jul 2003
469 Posts
MooseHead13, what Rx are you using, did it come with the radio or the plane?
sdjb is offline Find More Posts by sdjb
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,873 Posts
RedLine, you were right on the Money. I looked and there is a diode hiding under the heat shrinkwrap... Thanks for the resistance thing and the 6V advise. yes, all components can handle 6V so I will set it at that.

Sorry MooseHead, don't have (or had) this radio so no clue... I think there are a bunch of folks here who are using this radio (or its variants under different brand names) with custom firmwares.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:26 PM
MooseHead13
Joined Mar 2012
24 Posts
this sucks I do every thing it says to do it binds I shut it all down to connect the other ch and power it back up and nothing ugh I've been waiting so long for this to come in I dont know what to do now??????