Old May 23, 2011, 11:39 PM
Fossilator
Fullerton, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vol-haut View Post
Dan,

You have some great ideas for setting up the cutting table. For cutting spars I will try both a hard stop as you suggested, and drawing lines as Gilles suggested. I assume Gilles means draw two lines on the side of the foam so that the cut foil can be accurately positioned in the bed.

Michael K.
You assume correctly, I misread " side". Yes that would work, sorry Gilles. :-)

IF you have a copy of Win98 2nd edition, Win ME and willing to go back, have you considered upgrading just to the PE version? Look at the list in Functionalities. mmm Though I don't see a adder for that.

I think one normally chooses Light or PE going in. Seems like a better choice of features for what you are doing but you know best.

Dan
danfield is offline Find More Posts by danfield
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2011, 11:57 PM
Missileer Extraordinaire
Joined Jun 2001
2,030 Posts
Wrong Forum?

Hello,
I actually posted this in the Foam Cutting S/W Tutorial thread. I think this may be the better place for it. Is there a secret to making the timer work for GMFC? Does it need to be capacitatively coupled? I have asembled timers as shown on the GMFC website. I have verified their operation by using an oscilloscope. I have tried both the HobbyCNC board as well as an old 8Linx board with the timer output connected as shown to the parallel port. Both boards work fine under CeNeCe, so I know they work OK. But GMFC will not run. I hook up the GCC USB board and it runs fine. The timer interface to GMFC seems to be the problem. Any thoughts?

thank you,
Mel Duval
Mel Duval is offline Find More Posts by Mel Duval
Old May 24, 2011, 12:47 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
266 Posts
Yes that's what I mean

Gilles
gm.cnc is offline Find More Posts by gm.cnc
Old May 24, 2011, 10:54 AM
Fossilator
Fullerton, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Duval View Post
Hello,
I actually posted this in the Foam Cutting S/W Tutorial thread. I think this may be the better place for it. Is there a secret to making the timer work for GMFC? Does it need to be capacitatively coupled? I have asembled timers as shown on the GMFC website. I have verified their operation by using an oscilloscope. I have tried both the HobbyCNC board as well as an old 8Linx board with the timer output connected as shown to the parallel port. Both boards work fine under CeNeCe, so I know they work OK. But GMFC will not run. I hook up the GCC USB board and it runs fine. The timer interface to GMFC seems to be the problem. Any thoughts?

thank you,
Mel Duval
Hey Mel

No real answer from me to your question but this might shed some light. Going from memory and browsing around old posts at cncfoamcutters@yahoogroups.com .

The HobbyCnc board has always worked with GMFC so your timer board is not required. First boards had a 2k timer built in most likely similar to what you made. Around 2002 HobbyCNC came out with a plug and play add on Board with the Auto Heat section plus now a 4K timer which bypassed the on board 2K timer.

Next was the Hobbycnc Foampro board with an 8k timer and auto heat built in. I think this is when the add on board was discontinued and now the FoamPro has been discontinued.

The Foamlinx ( same as 8linx ??? ) board does not have the timer built in but guys were using what looks like the same timer board you are trying. This allows GMFC to cut but does not have Auto Heat. I hope I have this right.

I don't think CeNeCe requires the timer so that is why it works.

So, in GMFC go to GMFC/timer visualization and see if it is seeing the timer just on the Hobbycnc board without your add on. Then you can try the 8linx board with your add on.

What else? mmmm If you're using the Demo 30 days of GMFC it won't Cut after 30 days but can still be used to design and learn. Might that be the issue? I don't know if it will SEE the timer after the 30 days is up.

I have wondered about that Add On timer board IF you can just upgrade the Crystal to 4 or even 8K without doing anything else.

No much help but
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1153954

For those who have gone with Auto Heat wont' be going back anytime soon. :-)

Regards
Dan
Old May 24, 2011, 04:10 PM
Just fly it!
Cody, WY
Joined Nov 2007
6,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfield View Post
The HobbyCnc board has always worked with GMFC so your timer board is not required. First boards had a 2k timer built in most likely similar to what you made. Around 2002 HobbyCNC came out with a plug and play add on Board with the Auto Heat section plus now a 4K timer which bypassed the on board 2K timer.
None of the present HobbyCNC boards have an onboard timer. A timer does need to be added to work with GMFC.

Adam
wyowindworks is offline Find More Posts by wyowindworks
Old May 24, 2011, 05:13 PM
Fossilator
Fullerton, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowindworks View Post
None of the present HobbyCNC boards have an onboard timer. A timer does need to be added to work with GMFC.

Adam
Agreed. I thought he had an older version. Hobbycnc may have just supplied an add on timer board to use with GMFC and not built in of which I think is a 555 circuit. . Then a couple of years later there was the add on heat control board which was separate.

Dan
Old May 27, 2011, 04:27 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
266 Posts
GMFC version 3.89.4

Hi all,

This version mainly solves a bug that was introduced by Microsoft in a recent update of the development runtime system.... and prevented GMFC to run on win98....

V3.89.4:
--------
- Fix bug with latest run-time from MS that don't run on win98
- Fix bug in table creation for non expert version
- new menus for alignment/importation mode
Old Jun 01, 2011, 06:57 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
266 Posts
GGC USB interface

Hi all,

It's available again
http://www.copaero.fr/interface-orde...ry-p-4537.html

Gilles
Old Jun 04, 2011, 08:03 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2005
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm.cnc View Post
Hi all,

It's available again
http://www.copaero.fr/interface-orde...ry-p-4537.html

Gilles
Thanks Gilles,
I just tried ordering from Celine's website again. When creating a new user account I had difficulty with the "country" area. It's a pull down menu and the United States is not one of the options. If I select somewhere else and that's used for setting up a shipping location then there will be a problem.

Also his description suggests that the GGC can be used for the hot wire heat too. What is the maximum voltage DC that it can accept ?

Mike
ThermalSeeker is offline Find More Posts by ThermalSeeker
Old Jun 04, 2011, 09:20 AM
Missileer Extraordinaire
Joined Jun 2001
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalSeeker View Post
Thanks Gilles,
I just tried ordering from Celine's website again. When creating a new user account I had difficulty with the "country" area. It's a pull down menu and the United States is not one of the options. If I select somewhere else and that's used for setting up a shipping location then there will be a problem.

Also his description suggests that the GGC can be used for the hot wire heat too. What is the maximum voltage DC that it can accept ?

Mike
This is what the site says to do for out of France orders and is what I did to get mine:

This item must be choosed when you order out from France.
For order from out of France :
- Fill the form with your personal data, put "France" in country area and your real country in adress area.
- Choose this item and put it on your basket.
- This item had worldwide postage fees.
Mel Duval is offline Find More Posts by Mel Duval
Old Jun 04, 2011, 01:49 PM
France
Joined Feb 2006
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalSeeker View Post
Thanks Gilles,

Mike
50V

Gilles
Old Jun 04, 2011, 08:55 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2005
253 Posts
Hi Gilles,
Pretending that I was from France did get me further and with the help of google translation I managed to get this far :

Name: *
Name: *
Company Name:
Address: *
Additional address:
Postal Code: *
City: *

Notice that there's no place to put a "State" in after the City and there's still no way to enter the USA as a country.

I've decided that I'm going to buy 2 so if something happens to the first one then I won't have to do this again...smiles.

The 50V capacity is great. That's just what I needed.
Mike
ThermalSeeker is offline Find More Posts by ThermalSeeker
Old Jun 10, 2011, 08:46 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
266 Posts
Gmfc expert 3.89.5

This new version allows to cut flaps. The articulation is on the lower side, and the profile cut on the upper side.

Enjoy,

Gilles
Old Jun 11, 2011, 01:23 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Mar 2000
750 Posts
Please a link for the new ver. I tryed to find the 3.89.5 no luck.
Kevin Matney is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Matney
Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:03 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Matney View Post
Please a link for the new ver. I tryed to find the 3.89.5 no luck.
That's in the download page of my site, under the EXPERT section. Just click on the 3.89 link.

Gilles