SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:40 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Build Log
B-25 Mitchell "TONDELAYO": The Nerve System/Electronics.

Take my word for it......wiring this plane will take patience, preservation, and a degree in Electrical Engineering, (just kidding). It's really not all that hard to do, just don't let any of those tags come loose!

NOTE: The original review of this plane on the Nitro website stated that they were using a 4s lipo. FMS recommends a 3s lipo so I am using a 3S 3300 30C lipo in mine. Over time it has been proven to be the correct lipo for this model. DX Stickman/Lee, among others, have reported shorter life spans on the stock motor when they tried using 4s!

On my plane I have 16 leads from each wing, 10 leads coming from the tail, and 9 leads coming out of the nose. Couple that with 3 y-connectors, and 2 tri-connectors, not to mention the ESC leads......I have my work cut out for me.

To simplify the Nerve system and make it less confusing I am once again using Futurlec multiplex Headers. On this system I needed to cover the sixteen leads from each wing so I used a 20-pin Header for both. It does take time to solder each harness together, but in the long run, if I need to remove the wings it's simply a matter of unplugging the two harnesses and the ESC leads.

UP-DATE 2/07/2011: I changed the ESC lead to the XT60 connector, and wired in the CC 10A BEC. I pulled the ESC red lead from the connector and insulated it with heatshrink.

I mounted the Lander Nav light controller and the Microgear sequencer on the inner hull with Super blue velcro. Somehow I managed to get all the wiring, Y-leads, and the two 20 pin headers stuffed down in the hull?
Once I got all the wiring situated I proceeded to mount the Futaba R617FS Rx on the ledge just behind the battery bay with Super blue velcro. To get maximum reception from the two antenna leads I glued two pieces of 4mm tubing. One down the side of the battery bay, and the other up in to the gun turret. I'm going to be using a 3S 3600mah 30C lipo so I wanted to keep everything clear in the battery bay.
To allow plenty of clearance for the CC 10A BEC and the XT60 battery connectors, I hollowed out a relief area on the back side of the cockpit module with a hot-knife.
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sandancer; Aug 23, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts