HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
16 Posts
setting for 450 ???

If you dont mind sharring i was interested in the settings John recomended to you ?? this is my first cp heli I am upgrading from 120sr thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmustang View Post
Just picked up the first new Blade 450 at the LHS. I have been a plane RC fan for 2 years but this looked like fun. I have done the research and for the money, this is a good choice to start into a good size heli. I have a Blade SR120 and fly it inside of the house. I just made a set of training gear and used the tame settings recommended by John on rchelicopterfun.com. This thing is rock solid. I hovered on the first day and it is very stable. I wish HH would have included more instructions on the GYRO, the servos and other setup items. You do get a DVD which is instructional. The front canopy needs a little more room as it is a tight fit for a 2150mAh Rhino Lipo. I canít believe how nice the heli was set up out of the box. The swash plate and servo setting were on the money. I picked up the BNF version. I would not have picked this up but a buddy I fly with is a heli fan and we bought both of the BNF versions the LHS had in stock.

I think ALIGN has some competition.

John at http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/index.html is a great help in this hobby. I picked up his e-books (great information).
mauiwest is offline Find More Posts by mauiwest
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:15 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwest View Post
If you dont mind sharring i was interested in the settings John recomended to you ?? this is my first cp heli I am upgrading from 120sr thanks
Please refer to John's WEB site for settings. I will not dishonor his hard work in helping the cause.
rvmustang is offline Find More Posts by rvmustang
Old Mar 18, 2013, 02:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
545 Posts
does anyone recommend / know where to buy a blade 450 3d. I have a 300x and want something bigger but on a 250 dollar budget. My lhs has one bnf left and will talk to owner tomorrow about price, he still has it at 469 bucks. The blowout price for this is awesome and what I have seen it is a good heli but if it has major issues I may stay away.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Mar 18, 2013, 02:49 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
does anyone recommend / know where to buy a blade 450 3d. I have a 300x and want something bigger but on a 250 dollar budget. My lhs has one bnf left and will talk to owner tomorrow about price, he still has it at 469 bucks. The blowout price for this is awesome and what I have seen it is a good heli but if it has major issues I may stay away.
Blade 450 3D is good heli in general and there is blowout sale cause old model now. If you don't mind it's old model as compare to newest 450X, it's one.
I bought this 450 3D for my son, great deal and meet your budget. It's bnf kit.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Mar 18, 2013, 04:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
545 Posts
Perfect, I am very tempted
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Mar 19, 2013, 08:57 AM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
668 Posts
my father was insisting on purchasing me something in the $200 range so I pointed him to the blowout sales on this nice heli. It should be here wednesday! I won't be flying it right away though, due to weather and I need more sim practice before I break something big (Nano CpX is so nice and forgiving in my current light crashes).
I guess that means I can have plenty of time to ensure it's set up properly.
ryane67 is offline Find More Posts by ryane67
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:00 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
Blade 450 3D is good heli in general and there is blowout sale cause old model now. If you don't mind it's old model as compare to newest 450X, it's one.
I bought this 450 3D for my son, great deal and meet your budget. It's bnf kit.
Great price but 40$ for shipping?
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Mar 21, 2013, 01:40 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
Great price but 40$ for shipping?
Where you come from,FL? I ordered same kit and using usps, shipping cost only $9.75.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:36 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
Where you come from,FL? I ordered same kit and using usps, shipping cost only $9.75.
Yes, I'm located in Florida....I would be more than happy to get it but 40$ for shipping is a bit much. The box is not that big.
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:07 PM
Joined May 2000
2,023 Posts
Blade 450 BNF Discontinued?

Don't see them in BNF version on the Horizon site any more, did they discontinue the BNF version?
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
Old Mar 26, 2013, 07:02 PM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH S View Post
Don't see them in BNF version on the Horizon site any more, did they discontinue the BNF version?
http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH1650

Horizon may have stopped selling the BnF version directly but you can find it through many other authorized resellers. I would guess everyone is just getting rid of old stock now, given its on blowout sale for 169... great deal for a bnf 450.
ryane67 is offline Find More Posts by ryane67
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:30 PM
RC Heli Addict
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Mar 2013
235 Posts
I just bought my 450 3D BNF on amainhobbies.com for $179.00 plus the 10% discount they are offering so it was in the $162.00 range. I can't wait for it to get here. Any words of wisdom or advice? I am new to the hobby. I don't have a sim and my only flying has been teaching myself with the heli's I've already bought. I have the MCPX2, MQX, MSR X, 120SR, and Nano CPX. I've had issues with all of them, some due to my crashes and a few because of mechanical failure not due to crash impact. I love my MSR X and Nano. I live in the South where there is a little wind almost daily so I wanted something bigger that could handle a little wind. I learned the hard way that birds like my 120 SR absolutely hate the wind.
shaun.evans09 is offline Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
Old Mar 29, 2013, 05:45 PM
Mostly harmless
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
946 Posts
I put a Tarot FBL head & ZYX gyro on mine and it flies great
- handles with wind well to!

I did have some strangeness with the very latest f/w (v4.01) on one servo, but hopefully they will fix it.
- v4.00 & below are ok though

Also Copterx FBL head & gyro are worth a look
(very good for $50)
FlyingPhilUK is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:41 PM
RC Heli Addict
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Mar 2013
235 Posts
I got my 450 3d today, charged the battery, setup my transmitter, bound to the receiver, and went into the yard to try and lift off. I could not get the thing to lift off at all. It kept wanting to nose over. The tail seemed to want to lift off but the nose wouldn't and I was afraid that the blades were going to strike. Took the canopy off, turned all 3 of the linkages in one turn, and set back out to the yard. I was really nervous at this point. I spun it up and it lifted right off like a dream. Then it had some pretty good tail wag so I readjusted the gyro and I'll see how that worked in the morning.
shaun.evans09 is offline Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:58 AM
United States, OH, Hilliard
Joined Mar 2013
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun.evans09 View Post
I just bought my 450 3D BNF on amainhobbies.com for $179.00 plus the 10% discount they are offering so it was in the $162.00 range.
My fingers just took control of the keyboard and mouse and ordered this same deal. I tried to stop them
I am hoping the spare parts supply doesn't dry up too soon, being a discontinued model.
dagmovin is offline Find More Posts by dagmovin