HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:31 PM
Ripon, UK
Joined Apr 2010
170 Posts
Both versions now out in UK and in stock in several shops. Price of BNF can be around a 30 difference if shop around.
Robdd1 is offline Find More Posts by Robdd1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:12 AM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
563 Posts
Horizon Hobby is showing both RTF and BNF in stock with free shipping.
JookSing is offline Find More Posts by JookSing
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:16 AM
Build, Fly, Crash. Repeat.
Joined May 2011
314 Posts
I ordered mine 2 days ago as soon as it became available, and it came the next day!

Here's a video I made of its maiden flight.

Blade 450 3D Maiden Flight
nick_onelove is offline Find More Posts by nick_onelove
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:55 AM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_onelove View Post
I ordered mine 2 days ago as soon as it became available, and it came the next day!

Strangely your link took me to your t-28, but I found your 450 video.... Successful maiden!

Not sure how many folks saw this one long-ish unedited clip of the 450 by the Blade team?
Yes, completely stock. (I think many will be impressed by the new heli, and particularly the new DS76 servos... give em a good eval... servos have come a long way!)

Blade 450 extended shot (0 min 29 sec)

Have Fun,
David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Last edited by dribbe; Jun 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 04:42 PM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_onelove View Post

Here's the correct link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nick4One.../4/pTKaI2RSrIY
JookSing is offline Find More Posts by JookSing
Old Jun 23, 2011, 04:57 PM
Build, Fly, Crash. Repeat.
Joined May 2011
314 Posts
Thanks, my bad.

I also posted a mini-review on the Electric-RC-Helicopter Forums if anyone's interested.

Hopefully I got the link right this time. >.<
nick_onelove is offline Find More Posts by nick_onelove
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:24 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,442 Posts
They arrived at the LHS this afternoon but I couldn't stay for the unveiling, sigh. There's always tomorrow but I think most of them are sold. I am awaiting the arrival of the gyro's for my SR. The best to all that pick one up as I still like my 400 just the way I have it. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:10 PM
Thailand, Bangkok, Wat Tha Phra
Joined May 2010
67 Posts
I will get this bird in hand soon, just order one BNF from ebay
minihawk is offline Find More Posts by minihawk
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:29 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1 Posts
Blade 450 RTF - Not quite

Just got my Blade 450 and looking forward to a flight, but just wanted to let people know certainly for the UK version the charger does not come with a power supply just some aligator clips to conect to a 12V battery. If you wan't to pre-charge at home and don't have another charger or a spare 12v battery lying around, you will need a 12Volt 3 amp power supply in addition (Another 20).
cgray1 is offline Find More Posts by cgray1
Old Jun 26, 2011, 02:57 PM
Ripon, UK
Joined Apr 2010
170 Posts
I hate having a 400 and 450 on same TX after rebinding I can confirm that the 400 flew ok on the new 450 settings! Aaargghh.

Never mind, 450 saw the sun today but still not flown as very breezy.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:17 PM
Joined Dec 2010
65 Posts
Just picked up the first new Blade 450 at the LHS. I have been a plane RC fan for 2 years but this looked like fun. I have done the research and for the money, this is a good choice to start into a good size heli. I have a Blade SR120 and fly it inside of the house. I just made a set of training gear and used the tame settings recommended by John on rchelicopterfun.com. This thing is rock solid. I hovered on the first day and it is very stable. I wish HH would have included more instructions on the GYRO, the servos and other setup items. You do get a DVD which is instructional. The front canopy needs a little more room as it is a tight fit for a 2150mAh Rhino Lipo. I can’t believe how nice the heli was set up out of the box. The swash plate and servo setting were on the money. I picked up the BNF version. I would not have picked this up but a buddy I fly with is a heli fan and we bought both of the BNF versions the LHS had in stock.

I think ALIGN has some competition.

John at http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/index.html is a great help in this hobby. I picked up his e-books (great information).
rvmustang is offline Find More Posts by rvmustang
Last edited by rvmustang; Jun 26, 2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 07:15 PM
etobicoke
Joined Dec 2008
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmustang View Post
This thing is rock solid. I hovered on the first day and it is very stable.

John at http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/index.html is a great help in this hobby. I picked up his e-books (great information).

I'm having the same luck here. Awesome bird at a decent price. I think this is HH's best bird to date. I also find it better than any of my 3 trex clones with cheapo electronics that i've owned so far....
upankatz is offline Find More Posts by upankatz
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:34 PM
Ripon, UK
Joined Apr 2010
170 Posts
Well seeing as the weather was holding and the wind not gusting to much I thought I'd take the B450 out.

To settle in I ran a couple of lipos through the B400 which was on the training legs.......

Now to the B450......

Everything out of the box was set as perfect as I could see, no adjustment required. Using the model 1 config I took the bold step of going up minus the grainy legs.
I can confirm she handles my basic hovering with ease. She is a lot more stable than the B400 (mine anyway) and gives more a lot more confidence flying..... This may change when I give it the first repair. I managed to get through 3 lipos with no major incidents and damage free.

After that I went back to the B400 and removed the trainer legs ....... Again no incident.

Double bonus ..... B450 a good model for me and no more truing legs!

Settled down to 3 cells on the mcpx ...... Almost got a circuit in.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:44 PM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
E-Flite Blade 450 3D Flight! Stock setup! (3 min 26 sec)
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:14 PM
Looking for the perfect heli
Morton, IL
Joined Jan 2005
119 Posts
Think I killed my mSR.
Michael_Blue is offline Find More Posts by Michael_Blue