SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by tftcrider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:20 AM
USA, OH, Belle Center
Joined Nov 2010
34 Posts
Discussion
RC or Golf?

Well, I used to be a pretty good golfer. I would play nearly every day and practice all the time. I started golfing while my father was stationed in San Antonio at Randolph AFB. I tried out for the Judson golf team and made it. My first tournament I shot a 128! However, I tried hard and by that tournament the next year I shot an 85. Once I graduated from Osan American HS in Osan South Korea, I enrolled and tried out for golf at Ohio Northern University and made the team. I did well for the Polar Bears and currently hold the single season low scoring average record!

However, I am finding that since I have graduated and have to pay for my own golf, I do not get out as much. I still coach for the team and enjoy my time with the guys, but RC flying has hurt my game! It seems that both hobbies require good weather and sunlight (for the most part). I find myself charging batteries and checking the weather constantly!

My dad and I travel everywhere to play golf. I have played St. Andrews, Royal St. George, Bethpage Black, TPC Woodlands, and a few other famous courses.

Has anyone had this problem! I need to balance my 2 hobbies. I have worked too hard at golf to just stop all together, but I love my RC!
tftcrider is offline Find More Posts by tftcrider
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2011, 10:56 AM
Addicted to my hobby
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
434 Posts
t's time to just, "give in" to your desire. You know you want to fly.
Sweetrex is offline Find More Posts by Sweetrex
Old Feb 04, 2011, 08:53 PM
USA, OH, Belle Center
Joined Nov 2010
34 Posts
Haha! Maybe you are right!
tftcrider is offline Find More Posts by tftcrider