www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
Discussion
NEW Thunder Tiger SB-5 RTR!!!

There it is in the Thudner Tiger Europe site:

http://www.thundertiger-europe.com/sb_50.html

On first look it seems very similar to the race (kit) SB-5, but with plastic chassis, instead of carbon, plastic oil-filled shocks with inserts for preload (not the thumbwheels, we are used to!), no slipper and it comes in two versions: either 17-t brushed, or 3900kv brushless.
The wheels are plastic one piece and I guess they will be a favorite among the race-SB-5 riders if they are sturdy enough!
It comes with no front brake, of course, and the front wheel seems mounted backwards, in all pics!
It is presumably prebuilt and painted in four colour variations.
I also spotted that the crashbars are differently mounted...

It has appeared in a few European shops at around 300 euros complete with an Ace RC Cougar (probably 2-channel) 2.4Ghz radio. Projected sales will begin around Feb. 10 or so, they say...

A few pics copied from the above site!
So far the site is only in German, but you can guess the details!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2011, 06:01 AM
Joined Aug 2009
71 Posts
very nice! But i think i prefer the one without electronica.
Jordy19 is offline Find More Posts by Jordy19
Old Feb 03, 2011, 06:39 AM
Joined Nov 2008
2 Posts
Pre orders now being taken!!!

Here at Formby models we are very excited about these!!!

Coming soon.......

http://www.formbymodelshop.com/new-t...ycle-149-c.asp
snooeys wheels is offline Find More Posts by snooeys wheels
Old Feb 03, 2011, 07:50 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
Great!!!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Feb 03, 2011, 11:49 AM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Grumble. We still can't even get the original bike here in the US and the rest of the world is getting a new model. Thanks Thunder Tiger!

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Feb 03, 2011, 02:54 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Nov 2004
102 Posts
This is a must to replace my old Ducati 999 I traded.
derbi75 is offline Find More Posts by derbi75
Old Feb 03, 2011, 03:35 PM
Joined Apr 2007
469 Posts
I hope they dont glue the tyres onto the rims,if the tyres are the same ones that come with the kit!!.............otherwise it means buying wheels and tyres before you even start.....
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Feb 03, 2011, 06:16 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,652 Posts
to be honest.. I don't care if it's plastic instead of carbon... I don't mind the plastic as long as it's good quality... but I don't need the electronics, or the premounted tires... give me the bike in kit form for $150-$200 and I'll take two of them... LOL
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Feb 03, 2011, 06:25 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
i just want the pre-painted bodies. i worked with our art guy to spec out the paint schemes. none of them are licenced but they're made to resemble actual race bikes from a distance (Sterilgarda Yamaha, Repsol Honda, Fortuna Yamaha and Kawasaki ZXRR).

this was my last design at TT. however... i was already long gone before any production parts were made so if the plastic forks or swingarms are too weak... not my fault. i wasn't the one who approved them.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:12 PM
Joined Mar 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb View Post
Grumble. We still can't even get the original bike here in the US and the rest of the world is getting a new model. Thanks Thunder Tiger!

Bruce
Its the same in Australia Bruce. If you had them in stock most of us guys down here would of ordered them from you. I think you are loosing sales from being left out in getting stock. I think its not fair at all, ZH are giving you more love than tt. Maybe ZH should consider making a 1/5 bike.
cougs is offline Find More Posts by cougs
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:17 PM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
This looks like a pretty good alternative to kit bikes.
It will be good to see some reviews about it.

I'm particularly interested in its durability.

I wonder when they will start turning up in Oz.

Cheers

Scott
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:21 PM
Joined Mar 2009
277 Posts
Probably only as an import ....lol...Sorry for the frustrations but us bikers down under spend more cash than the rest of the world to keep up to date with rc stuff. If the importers can't make 300% profit then they will not bring it in.
cougs is offline Find More Posts by cougs
Last edited by cougs; Feb 03, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:54 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougs View Post
Probably only as an import ....lol...Sorry for the frustrations but us bikers down under spend more cash than the rest of the world to keep up to date with rc stuff. If the importers can't make 300% profit then they will not bring it in.
I don't know who is making all the money because it sure isn't the retailers like me.

Bruce
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:06 PM
Ninja Fanatic
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2007
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougs View Post
Ain't that the truth. The best we can do here is get as many people as we can to put in bulk orders and save on shipping costs. None of this walk in and out of a shop with goods here and that goes with most rc car stuff too. Kits and RTR are about all you get from a shop here. Parts are limited. Too many options to justify bring items in for stock purposes I guess.

PS Are you getting the KP11e Bruce? I was lookin to upgrade the FM-e1 to one of these and would rather order from you instead of Formby. Ordering from the UK is really not worth the effort these days.
Jayson is offline Find More Posts by Jayson
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:50 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
Ain't that the truth. The best we can do here is get as many people as we can to put in bulk orders and save on shipping costs. None of this walk in and out of a shop with goods here and that goes with most rc car stuff too. Kits and RTR are about all you get from a shop here. Parts are limited. Too many options to justify bring items in for stock purposes I guess.

PS Are you getting the KP11e Bruce? I was lookin to upgrade the FM-e1 to one of these and would rather order from you instead of Formby. Ordering from the UK is really not worth the effort these days.
I will get the KP11e in probably next month.

Bruce