HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:29 PM
United States, OK, Ada
Joined Jun 2007
537 Posts
The feathing spindle is the most commonly replaced part for me, so I've been buying these...

http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-4g3-z-1...aftfor4g3.aspx

They don't come with screws, dampners or any other hardware, but I re-use that stuff. Quality seems similar to stock part
rcflyair is online now Find More Posts by rcflyair
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:09 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyair View Post
The feathing spindle is the most commonly replaced part for me, so I've been buying these...

http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-4g3-z-1...aftfor4g3.aspx

They don't come with screws, dampners or any other hardware, but I re-use that stuff. Quality seems similar to stock part
Are you saying you buy these for your mCPX and they are a direct replacement?
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:20 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Electrev,

I tried turning the feathering shaft with a screwdriver as you suggested. I did not notice any un/down movement in the rotor blades. I went ahead and installed a new feathering shaft. The result was no vibration so, I guess the feathering shaft was bent ever so slightly. Thanks you.

Jim
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi View Post
the feathering shaft cleaned it right up for me. I also took it from another mcpx but it was bent too, I hammered it as straight as possible and it went away. Several crashes later it came back a bit, I'm sure every crash bends it just a bit, especially if it was once bent already.
I just changed the feathering shaft and now my mCPX is vibration free also.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
Essex
Joined Aug 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Electrev,

I tried turning the feathering shaft with a screwdriver as you suggested. I did not notice any un/down movement in the rotor blades. I went ahead and installed a new feathering shaft. The result was no vibration so, I guess the feathering shaft was bent ever so slightly. Thanks you.

Jim
Glad to be of help Jim,
happy landings
Electrev is offline Find More Posts by Electrev
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:33 AM
United States, OK, Ada
Joined Jun 2007
537 Posts
Quote:
Are you saying you buy these for your mCPX and they are a direct replacement?
Yes
rcflyair is online now Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
MCPX stock power system with Xtreme upgrades (3 min 23 sec)
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:06 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Had lots of issues with mine at a FunFly after replacing the Elevator Servo. Had the Pushrod off to the wrong side the first try. Fixed that and had lots of blade vibration under load of Up Pitch. Was spinning out of control if I pumped it.

Finally reduced the Pitch to 65% and that evened things up and tamed it for one good flight, but I could still see the vibrations in the blades and tail boom.

Got to work on it tonight and pulled the blades and did the Feathering Spindle test. Sure enough it was a bent one again! Found the original I got with it and checked it and it was straight. Put it in and had just enough light under the driveway LED Floods that I got a good flight in. Smooth as silk and the flight was long cause the strain on the Batt was much less.

Brought it in and put on the new Xtreme fiber reinforced polymer blades, but too dark to test now. They are shorter and a tad narrower width. Hoping it helps my motor do less work. I did pickup a spare motor, servo, gear and Board at the FunFly (for Free) Had a grab bag to pick through, my choice. Heli Buddies are Great!

Hope to test fly the Xtreme Blades tomorrow night.

PS: I may be bringing home an Align 450 Pro this Saturday night from another FunFly.... Got a trade deal in the works.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:23 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eranrc View Post
Nice backyard flying! Nice tomatoes in the corner too!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Nice backyard flying! Nice tomatoes in the corner too!
eh!eh! Thanks bud!! :-) My lil miracle garden
eranrc is offline Find More Posts by eranrc
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:25 PM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
Has anyone had both +/- leads for the battery fall off the board?

I'm now faced with a challenge. Need a new battery lead and some mad skills for the surgery. Is this possible?
ryan_t888 is offline Find More Posts by ryan_t888
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:48 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Going to be selling my used mCPX. Needs fixed up some, but I have the parts to go with it. New Frame and bunch of other stuff to cover most every part on it. Definitely needs a new canopy. It has a fairly new V2 board and an old V1 board that has a bad FET, but I have the FET's too. That board would prbly only be good for a BL Conversion though unless your an expert at SMD repairs. Think I have another board too, not sure which Version and a spare used motor and servo.

PM me if interested.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:58 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_t888 View Post
Has anyone had both +/- leads for the battery fall off the board?

I'm now faced with a challenge. Need a new battery lead and some mad skills for the surgery. Is this possible?
Why can't you just solder them back on?
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:18 AM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
It's only a few bucks for a brand new lead. My concern is more with the actual soldering of the leads on to the board. I'm use to soldering 10 gauge wire, not what looks to be 10 000 gauge wire on to the smallest contact pads.
ryan_t888 is offline Find More Posts by ryan_t888
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:23 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Fixed up my mCPX again and flew it in a 2ft x 3ft area in the basement.

Found the Main Board screws had let go of the Frame and the board was just hanging there by the wires. Not good for Gyro Stability! That is what caused it to repeatedly spin out and drop the other night.

Fixed that, found a slight bend in the feathering spindle, eventually straightened that out pretty good.

That made it fly smooth enough again that no tail kickouts when pumping the throttle hard.

Need to get a new feathering shaft, blades and canopy, spare Main Shaft. Then it will be in really good shape again.