to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:16 AM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy511 View Post
do you know if the tail motor comes with the correct plugs for the mcpx?

thanks
Not sure have not recieved it yet.
I think, if they did have it they would have shown the plug.Im guessing it is just bare wire,Ill let you know when i receive them.

Just checked tracking,looks like sing post just shipped it,So it should get here in a few days
pappy1 is offline Find More Posts by pappy1
Last edited by pappy1; Aug 08, 2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, CA, Fountain Valley
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
Not sure have not recieved it yet.
I think, if they did have it they would have shown the plug.Im guessing it is just bare wire,Ill let you know when i receive them.

Just checked tracking,looks like sing post just shipped it,So it should get here in a few days

ok cool man. update us when you get the motors.
bizzy511 is offline Find More Posts by bizzy511
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:37 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
The tail?
Kawi is offline Find More Posts by Kawi
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:17 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,316 Posts
hey guys, what is the size diff between a mcpx and a V120D03 for those that have both ?

What length are the mcpx main blades ?
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:21 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi View Post
Good flips, it's good that you're using a grass field and throttle cut, it's the cheapest way to learn.

130X

I pulled the trigger on it when it just came out and I just haven't had the interest in the mcpx since. I have only flown it yesterday and that's because the 130x has a damaged gear and I need to get another one. I wouldn't get it just yet though, practice up on this, maximize on the mcpx but you will outgrow it fast now, once you get a good solid inverted hover, it's time to move on. (or go brushless if you're into that kind of project)
I got to the point where I could no longer fly the mcpx without crashing, simply because it doesn't have the power to recover. The 130x never blows the tail on me, it always snaps back into place no matter how close a call it is. It has tons of power and way more visible. It's just better all around, and it also takes a beating, imo just like the mcpx almost. I crashed it quite a bit and it's solid still.

I think it's actually allowed me to improve. I got back on the mcpx after only flying the 130 and I was able to pull off maneuvers I couldn't before. I can't wait to change the gear to get back at it.
the mcpx stock or brushless has plenty of power to throw it around, stock you just need good collective management but I can do anything my 130 can do, my rewound hp05s will out smack a 130..

only issue I have with the mcpx is the slow piro rate and piro stops which the 130 has the advantage over it..

and it being bigger helps to.. but as to refering to bogging on manuevers my mcpx pops harder..
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:37 PM
Essex
Joined Aug 2012
15 Posts
Piro rate

I also found the piro rate shocking, but then on my T9CP (with Spektrum module) I turned the rudder dual rate and end pount both up to 140%, now it spins like a top !!!
Electrev is offline Find More Posts by Electrev
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:08 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
hey guys, what is the size diff between a mcpx and a V120D03 for those that have both ?

its a 120 size heli the mcpx is a 100 size heli if you want Walkera blades for your mcpx the V100D03 and V100D08 blades work great on the mcpx..
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:14 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrev View Post
I also found the piro rate shocking, but then on my T9CP (with Spektrum module) I turned the rudder dual rate and end pount both up to 140%, now it spins like a top !!!
I have that radio, but have not tried the spektrum module, I'm just using the dx8 for my blade heli's I might have to try that..

I wish they wouldnt limit the piro rates like they do, even the 130x without modifying the pitch arm piro stops are bouncy and not fast enough imo..

but hell its still cheaper then crashing my Guai lol and gets the job done...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:17 AM
United States, CA, Fountain Valley
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
its a 120 size heli the mcpx is a 100 size heli if you want Walkera blades for your mcpx the V100D03 and V100D08 blades work great on the mcpx..
i never thought about trying those blades. how do you like em? any modding required, or it it a direct fit?
bizzy511 is offline Find More Posts by bizzy511
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:17 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy511 View Post
i never thought about trying those blades. how do you like em? any modding required, or it it a direct fit?
They have less collective pop, but more cyclic bite than the stockers (flips faster)

you will need to sand, file or grind the blade where it goes into the blade grips cause its a bit thicker very easy to do..

Imo they fly almost as good as the stockers, but alot better than the heavy warped heli bogging power robbing kbdd's that are overated lol

Farmer

except the pink kbdd's fly ok..
Old Aug 10, 2012, 07:32 AM
Essex
Joined Aug 2012
15 Posts
I've got the Microheli carbon blades, which cost a lot of money. I'm not showing off, but never been able to afford really good carbon blades for any of my other helis, but these aren't too bad.
They are quieter & track 100% better than standard or Xtreme blades. What I have found is that, because they are so much lighter than other blades, if you have the screws as tight as usual, they don't have enough centrifugal force to fully straighten out on spoolup, which causes yet another unexplained vibration, easily solved by loosening the screws just a fraction more than usual.
Anybody else tried these bledes ? They are expensive, but I'm glad I bought them.
Electrev is offline Find More Posts by Electrev
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Mar 2011
142 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1709160 Selling stuff here!
RCMattG is offline Find More Posts by RCMattG
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:50 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post

Hi Wade!!! Long time no see. How did things end up going with your 450?
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:36 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,316 Posts
Harrow !! good mate, I got a second one to work from scratch with. dont get alot of time in the air though. what about yours ? did you end up getting your scale build done ?
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1