HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:12 PM
Build, Fly, Crash then Repeat
United States, VA, Yorktown
Joined Oct 2005
533 Posts
Hey guys I just moved and the wife is making me get rid of toys. so just a heads up I'm going to be posting my MCPX and spare parts for sale. The heli is complete but I have crashed it more than a few times, I also have a good selection of spare parts that comes with it.

Here is what I got.

MCPX helii (working condition,but has been crashed several times)
2 stock batteries and charger.
Used set of High performance blades

SPARE PARTS

2 sets of fast flight blades (bullets)
1 set of high performance blades
1 feathering spindle
1 carbon fiber main shaft
2 landing skid and battery mount
1 main frame

If anyone here happens to be interested PM me, I will also post a link to the ad I just have to get home and take some pictures of everything before I post it.
flydrive rc is offline Find More Posts by flydrive rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:25 PM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
Nope, you haven't missed anything. You're going to need an x-acto knife. What brushless motor did you get?
I bought a complete brushless combo from Flying Hobby with ESC, convertor and motor. I think the motor is something like C05M 11500kV ??

I also bought every size pinion from 7T to 11T to experiment with. I'm happy to have just a slight performance increase with the brushless to maintain longer flight times. Which pinion would you suggest?
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:11 AM
Mooresville, IN
Joined Mar 2009
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I think nano's are very hit and miss. I bought some with the other connector for my miniCP and genius. I have over 50 flights which 2c recharge and so far same power as they came with. Though I have some of the mcpx ones Which look the same except the plug and they were horrible after about 30 flights
I agree I ordered fourteen batteries for my UM J3 Cub and Night Vapor and after a few months I found that three or four were either really puffed or had leaked. None of which had be over discharged.
rclayton is offline Find More Posts by rclayton
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:21 AM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Have a look at the Spyder cells from Dave at progressiverc, they are a good battery and will last.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
Hi!
Mcpx the main rotor to the turn sour?
pumuklis is offline Find More Posts by pumuklis
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:14 PM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumuklis View Post
Hi!
Mcpx the main rotor to the turn sour?
What do you mean?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:58 PM
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jun 2011
407 Posts
So I just tested my TA-915 heli with this battery. The battery has about 5 flights on it.

At a flat 70% throttle curve, I get about 2:20 out of it.

When I flip to IU2 which is 100% flat throttle curve, the heli falls from the sky.

Tried it 3 times. Powers down every time. This same process is not an issue with a Hyperion battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
IF your willing to swap or use the walkera/nine Eagles connectors the same battery is a $1.70
DudeInMyrtleBch is offline Find More Posts by DudeInMyrtleBch
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:22 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBch View Post
So I just tested my TA-915 heli with this battery. The battery has about 5 flights on it.

At a flat 70% throttle curve, I get about 2:20 out of it.

When I flip to IU2 which is 100% flat throttle curve, the heli falls from the sky.

Tried it 3 times. Powers down every time. This same process is not an issue with a Hyperion battery.
As I said they are hit and miss but for $1.50 i dont mind.
I get 2 minutes with them on my mini cp (normal amount of time in stunt mode with a mini cp) and have quite a few flights on them and they are still just as good or very close to as when got them. Though my motor from back to back flights is going. I have had other turnigy batteries last me hundreds of flights or just a few..but that is why they are cheap
I dont have a video of the mcpx with them but this flight (although a little mellow) is with a turnigy battery. I would think a mcpx would get almost double with this same battery.
MiniCP Inverted flight (2 min 29 sec)
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Feb 23, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:57 PM
Québec!
Canada, QC, Longueuil
Joined Jul 2011
137 Posts
post crash help needed

hi there, just got the mcpx. i was too impatient and could not wait to fly outdoor, so of course i broke something on my second flight indoor. i hit hard wood furniture with main rotor blade. i think something is bent (shaft or motor pin). i'd really appreciate your help here before i disamble the head. thank you much.
it's wobbling, shaking, the tail is ok though.

mcpx post crash (0 min 36 sec)
alxlab is offline Find More Posts by alxlab
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:02 PM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
This looks like a case of a bent feathering shaft, to confirm remove one blade put a screwdriver on the feathering shaft screw (inside the blade grip) and turn it. If the other blade moves up and down as you rotate it is a bent feathering shaft.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:03 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Feathering shaft
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:22 AM
United States, IA, Council Bluffs
Joined Dec 2011
51 Posts
Looking for a little help here. Ordered a new V2 the other day.

What is the best radio set up for a JR 9303 (airplane)?

This will be my first time setting a heli up.

Thanks for the help.
cardenflyer is offline Find More Posts by cardenflyer
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:01 AM
Heli Mad
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Set it up as heli with 1 servo swash so you get the pitch and throttle curves. Set throttle curve to something like 0,60,90 and pitch at 45-100. St mode 1 throttle to 90 or 100 and have the pitch curve linear. Turn on throttle hold and set pitch to 50 flat that way you can easily check mid stick pitch is 0.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:25 AM
The "Foaminator"
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2007
2,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxlab View Post
hi there, just got the mcpx. i was too impatient and could not wait to fly outdoor, so of course i broke something on my second flight indoor. i hit hard wood furniture with main rotor blade. i think something is bent (shaft or motor pin). i'd really appreciate your help here before i disamble the head. thank you much.
it's wobbling, shaking, the tail is ok though.

http://youtu.be/Sds-m15qJlg
Also check that the main gear is seated with the flat, and that the main gear is up snug. Grab hold of the main gear and see if you can move the gear and shaft up and down, if so push it back up snug, my tool of choice is a 3/16" nut driver. Fits great over the main shaft and applies the pressure right where you need it.
mikeruth is offline Find More Posts by mikeruth
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:08 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
Also check that the main gear is seated with the flat, and that the main gear is up snug. Grab hold of the main gear and see if you can move the gear and shaft up and down, if so push it back up snug, my tool of choice is a 3/16" nut driver. Fits great over the main shaft and applies the pressure right where you need it.
if that's all tight, what else could be causing this?
I have a second MCPx and its the V2 and I get a crazy wobble that my versioin 1 never had...
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55