SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:22 PM
Joined Nov 2006
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
I am having so much fun with the mcp x I just bought my second BNF, craigslist, $140, and it came with an extra 3n1! I was going to go buy some spare parts at the LHS, thought this might be the better way to go! I've been getting lucky lately
How on earth did a US source have one of these on Craig's list already and with the extra brick included? I won't even ask about the price, because unless it was beat to hell you got an absolute steal on the heli alone. I didn't even know you could get the brick as a seperate part yet.
tommythecat is offline Find More Posts by tommythecat
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:27 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I guess he sold it cause he said it was too sloppy and it cut out all the time, thought the 3n1 was bad so HH sent him a new one, I don't think he has the pitch set up right and the main gear was a tad loose and twisted on the shaft and the blades are too tight. A few quick fixes and she'll be as good as new!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:28 PM
Joined Aug 2010
45 Posts
Cheers all!

First of all Iīd like to say THANK YOU, for giving the most helpful Information about this little Bugger, one can get on the web!

Since following this thread for some time, I choosed to chime in, īcause serious mCPX-Virus-infection hit me last week.

I bought a DX8 from a friend of mine ( Who is on FASST-TXes next) and I preordered the mCP asap.(Most probably would have done it anyways) As soon as it arrived, I downloaded the settings-file from Spektrum and got started.

Havenīt flown CPīs yet, except hovering-attempts with Blade SR, but was pretty good with the little mSR. I only flew about 10 lipos until now, most of the time slow circles, flybys and figure 8s in the yard and some hovers in my living room.

I officially can state now: "I FLY A CP-HELI" Man, didnīt think I would ever say that, īcause these machines scared me to death.
Even now Iīm able to fly in windy conditions, thanks to this negative pitch thing, which this little heli can do... If it goes down while ff, pitch it up, if it goes up while ff pitch it down, thatīs cool! No "heavy stearing" to get nose up or down in the wind like the mSR. Banked turns also seem to be better, compared to the mSR, allthough the mCPX gets somehow fast then...

Next Iīll have to get used to TX programming and CP-understanding and in near future hopefully am able to fly some bigger birds.

Again, thanks to all and happy flying!!

Greez

doc-g

PS: No repairparts yet! It can handle crashes with TH (...but have to get used to when coming from mSR)
doc-g is offline Find More Posts by doc-g
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:52 PM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,436 Posts
The tiny philipps screw of the shaft broke, when I wanted to unscrew and control the shaft. Half of the screw is still in. Had used the blue (medium) HK thread lock. The shaft is lost.
Anyone but me having such a problem?

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:22 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
I got my mCP X yesterday from my LHS. I've been flying a 120SR before that.

This is my first CP and my first flybarless.

I'm using a DX8 with the setup file from the Spektrum site.

The first thing I noticed is that when I plug in the battery, yes, it's flat on a table, the servos all immediately start to "twitch" continuously. It never stops.

Is that "normal"? I suspect it might be normal, but I have been watching take off videos trying to hear if the servos on other mCP X's were twitching and I can't tell.
huntharo is offline Find More Posts by huntharo
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Junkie
Wichita, KS
Joined Apr 2010
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntharo View Post
I got my mCP X yesterday from my LHS. I've been flying a 120SR before that.

This is my first CP and my first flybarless.

I'm using a DX8 with the setup file from the Spektrum site.

The first thing I noticed is that when I plug in the battery, yes, it's flat on a table, the servos all immediately start to "twitch" continuously. It never stops.

Is that "normal"? I suspect it might be normal, but I have been watching take off videos trying to hear if the servos on other mCP X's were twitching and I can't tell.
It's completely normal. That's what FBL systems do in general.
babblin5 is offline Find More Posts by babblin5
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:29 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
The tiny philipps screw of the shaft broke, when I wanted to unscrew and control the shaft. Half of the screw is still in. Had used the blue (medium) HK thread lock. The shaft is lost.

Walter
Why loctite? I never would think to loctite that part. I would just suck it up and wait till it goes or buy another. That is a problem that I have never heard of before on these small heli's.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Junkie
Wichita, KS
Joined Apr 2010
173 Posts
TREX 250 Bearings MAY NOT WORK!

After popping in a set of the 681x bearings, I noticed that my collective wasn't acting properly. It would seem to need a lot of throttle to get off the ground, and then it would suddenly pop up, wreaking all sorts of havoc. It was also much harder to control. Checking the blade grips, I noticed that the rotational play in them was binding sometimes and not free like they were with the original bearings in. I switched back to the old bearings and all the problems went away.

My conclusion is the Align bearings are just slightly wider than the stock bearings, and won't work without some sort of modification.

Those of you who use the Walkera shafts don't seem to have that problem with the 681x bearings, but I don't recommend them with the stock FS.
babblin5 is offline Find More Posts by babblin5
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:33 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post

Walter
Someone else reported this as well, unless it was you. It's not a design problem though.

And yes, lock-tite is appropriate here - it's the feathering shaft for dog's sake.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Got my mCP X today. Before I flew it I replaced the stock feathering shaft with the Novus CP feathering shaft. Good thing I did because the phillips screw on the stock shaft was 1/4 of the way out I loctited the new feathering shaft and I installed the 681x bearings (balls towards head). Glad to say it's holding up great! I've had multiple blade strikes and nothing has come loos yet. All I've had to d is push the gear up.

It's definitely a handful, but it's extremely durable and FUN!

PLEASE check your screws before flying for the first time!

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,868 Posts
Got my mCPx a few days ago and all I can say is "wow!" It's more stable than my Blade 400. I'm using a DX6i radio. It hovers hands off right out of the box. It does exactly what you tell it... so much better than the toilet bowl mSR!

Just don't crash it. I hit a chair leg while landing and the rear ball link broke off the swash-plate. Bummer! No swash plates available locally so I bought a whole other machine. That's how much fun I'm having with this thing. 10 flights or so on the new one. No crashes. Perfect performance.

When a swash-plate comes in I'll have two of these neat little guys. Poor me!

Next step: tie the blade holders together with 50lb fishing line so this little bugger doesn't blind me or my dog (who is completely fascinated).
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:49 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babblin5 View Post
It's completely normal. That's what FBL systems do in general.
Perfect, thanks for confirming!
huntharo is offline Find More Posts by huntharo
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:09 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
my mcp x is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:10 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStyle View Post
my mcp x is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.
Any reason why?
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:12 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
no time ti figure it out right now. Description is in classified
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle