HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:49 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
I've been gone from CP helis for about 2 years because I liked planes better, but I think I'm going to have to get this because of how small and cheap and AWESOME it is!!
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:53 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
and it's underpowered. Not saying it's gonna be a bad heli...just difficult to 3D. Should be fun for sport/scale type flight.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:03 AM
Pat K
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2010
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
and it's underpowered. Not saying it's gonna be a bad heli...just difficult to 3D. Should be fun for sport/scale type flight.
Most probably as the mSR is. That's why the motors (the main in particular) get very hot and don't last long.
I've had a look at more detailed pictures and I see they added bearings on the servos as they carry more load. I also saw there is still room to install a second main motor as I did on my mSR to solve both power and durability issues.
Papat is offline Find More Posts by Papat
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:04 AM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Oh crap here is something else I'll want lol

Still it looks great BUT linear servos and DD tail? I hope it works well.
Hah! I knew you'd be chiming in on this one....Hmmmm I may dump my Esky HBFP (but not my Lama V3) and go all Horizon Hobby.
GRUMPEE is offline Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:04 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,068 Posts
lol

Dont dump the HBFP - its a good heli

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPEE View Post
Hah! I knew you'd be chiming in on this one....Hmmmm I may dump my Esky HBFP (but not my Lama V3) and go all Horizon Hobby.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:13 AM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Wow, just wow

I guess I can stop learning to fly my 4g3 inverted now! This heli is going to save me a tonne of money learning! I WAS going to buy the trex 100 until I saw this! No way! I have $200 in gift certificates for my lhs, so I basically get this one for free! I knew it was coming! But I was starting to get worried it wasn't...

Subscribed, didn't even read the whole thread yet, too excited.

I was having a hard time waiting for the trex 100, now it's gonna be twice as hard waiting for this....

Holy moly

Awesome
jdog83 is offline Find More Posts by jdog83
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:18 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,202 Posts
As mentioned mSR is really underpowered, but extremely durable! Also, size is such that, unlike any other helicopter you can *FLY* it in a room/garage. I've crashed many times with my mSR flying circuits, figs of 8, backward circuits, backward figures of 8, nose in and tail in funnels in my living room. And both mSR and furniture (and TV, piano, computer monitor, windows, etc) stayed intact. Even 4G3 would cause visible damage/not survive most of those crashes.

I am able to give mSR to my 6 year old son and 8 year old daughter without any worries, while I wouldn't let me anywhere near any other helicopter (excluding 3 channel toys).

If mCPX is half as durable - even underpowered it would be fantastic for garden on a calm days (as mSR was, too) and hovering/flying inverted until crashing it; and again, and again until running out of batteries, waiting for 30 minutes for all batteries to charge up and do it again on long, calm summer Sundays, for instance.

I don't expect even trying tic/tocs with it but there are plenty of 3D figures that do not require powerful collective/cyclics inputs ... and now I won't need to fly them really high with really big but expensive helicopter (so I can see it)

After mSR I'm not asking/waiting what 'consumers' are going to say about that helicopter - I've seen enough from that video and have mSR to make me confident that I'm sure what I'm going to get (hopefully, soon )
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler View Post
Maybe I'm looking at a different model or something. To me this just looks like a junky all plastic brushed motor toy with toy servos. I thought my full brushless 4G3 was junk (and it was) 2 YEARS ago yet this is supposed to be exciting?? To each his own I guess...
If and when Align brings out a miniature CP, it is likely to be like this as well, being similar to the Trex 100. A miniaturized Trex 450 was probably never a viable approach in the first place. Just see what happened to the Gaui EP100, and Gaui has an even higher reputation for quality than Align.

You really need to keep the weight as low as possible for a CP heli of this size. I am sure a lot of time and money had been spent by Eflight on this. If anything, Walkera will probably be forced to reconsider their current approach.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:20 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
It doesn't look that underpowered from the video, certainly no more so than the original 4G3. This is what I would have liked the 4G3 to have been in the first place. Ok it was likely impossible at the time since the FBL technology wasn't available, but even so I don't like that each new Walkera sub-micro CP heli gets heavier than the one before.

I don't care if I have to replace brushed motors if they help to keep it light. As long as it feels at least as floaty to fly as the 4G3, I'm getting one.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:22 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler View Post
Maybe I'm looking at a different model or something. To me this just looks like a junky all plastic brushed motor toy with toy servos. I thought my full brushless 4G3 was junk (and it was) 2 YEARS ago yet this is supposed to be exciting?? To each his own I guess...
Yeah, but all RTF helis are junk. Right?
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:24 AM
Joined Jan 2008
118 Posts
It looks like a good one to learn on. I have the novus cp 125 and I really like it. I was going to start to learn flips and rolls on it but maybe this one would be better for learning and then move up.
rapala is offline Find More Posts by rapala
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:30 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
Have any of you guys seen the Blade 450 BNF/RTF I found on Horizon's UK website? http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...e_450_bnf.html

Here is the thread I started for it - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1383227
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:31 AM
Joined Apr 2002
398 Posts
I think the company that would be hardest hit by this introduction would be Walkera. Afterall, for the longest time, they produced the only 'indoor' CP miniature helicopters. However, even though they were 'popular', many people bought them ONLY for lack of competitive choices.

I for one would get this indoor CP over any Walkera's to learn CP as I know that unlike Walkera who has a billion versions of the same model because they tend to release 'untested' products, E-flite would less likely do so. Also, in a crash, this would definately be a less expensive fix than any all metal heavy-weighted Walkera. This alone is worth it's weight in gold.

However, with the Walkera's many folks never really fly anything other than their FP's indoor as they say their CP's are just too much to handle in a small environment. I wonder if this E-Flight Blade miniature 'indoor' CP can really be flown in a small space like it's little Bro the mSR. ALthough, Bruno did state that it comes with weighted blades as an option to make it less agile and more stable for those who are just learning more advance flights. I think this is also very thoughtful of E-Flight. Just shows how much thought they put into it's development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno95 View Post
I can confirm this heli is great and very stable.

There is a set of spare blades provided with the heli which have additionnal weight on...This make the heli even more stable for starters but also more stable if fast forward/backward flights (of course this reduce a bit the agility for aerobatic in this case but still everything is possibe).

Regards

Bruno

To sum it all, I am just as excited with it's introduction as everyone else.
butter_fingers is offline Find More Posts by butter_fingers
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:32 AM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Dx4e

Does the dx4e have any features? Can you adjust the throttle and pitch curves? Can you adjust gyro sensitivity?

Please advise

Jdog

Edit: yes I agree with others, the durability is a big factor on this one.... This will probably be like a perfect 4g3 with long lasting motors, little issues, and very durable......
Only smaller of course....

Can't wait...

Jdog
jdog83 is offline Find More Posts by jdog83
Last edited by jdog83; Feb 03, 2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: More thoughts
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:33 AM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
Wow, and I mean WOW !!! This is way lighter than even a 4G3.

I just searched google and found this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4WzSOnMCb8
Nice aircraft.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Last edited by sviking; Feb 03, 2011 at 09:40 AM.