HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:28 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,347 Posts
Wow Um Corsair, Mosquito and now this?!? Going to be an expensive spring.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:35 AM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Like the dx5e, the 4e can control six channels. Blade positions the mcpx as aerobatic. Not 3d. The market can draw the line. I am sure it will define it's class. David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:36 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,297 Posts
We're very excited about this new little heli. We believe the mCPX brings a new level of performance to this class of machine, and the above video doesn't really show what this heli is capable of. For the record, we have taken great pains to purge any reference to 3D in the mCPX marketing materials. It will do a LOT, in a smaller space than the competitors, but it won't do ALL 3D maneuvers. Nevertheless, it still rocks.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:36 AM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Be sure to check it out at Nuremberg. Or e-fest. We are proud of it.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:55 AM
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Joined Aug 2008
821 Posts
WOW! the answered us! this is GREAT!... just wish it was brushless
forsakenrider is offline Find More Posts by forsakenrider
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:05 AM
Grenoble, France
Joined Jan 2010
44 Posts
Can't wait for it

Hi,

Yes just wish :
double BL !
CNC !
collective tail !
15 min flight !
Eflite quality and support !

please ? no ? ok ok mCPX will do the job anyway

oh, by the way : many many thanks for having it BNF from the start !!!
Newbheli is offline Find More Posts by Newbheli
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:07 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Like the dx5e, the 4e can control six channels. Blade positions the mcpx as aerobatic. Not 3d. The market can draw the line. I am sure it will define it's class. David
Yes. mSR helped me learning backward flight - and this one is going to help me with inverted!

mSR ended up being fantastic (indoor) sim replacement for upright flight. mCP could do the same for inverted flight too!

@bruno: I know it is too early - but any reports regarding robustness - did you have any crashes and how did it fare in them?
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:16 AM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
I think it is for everyone. Those that want to improve and learn, and experts who want the coolest small heli. It is very durable compared to other cp helis
We feel it is a new day. David
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:23 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,361 Posts
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Supplied TX is the DX4e, so you can control it with a 4 channel TX?

Btw, I wonder if Bob saw this coming, Eflite going flybarless, and 3D, and you don't even need a V2 rev 10.1 or so TX or so for it...
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:24 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,361 Posts
Oh crap here is something else I'll want lol

Still it looks great BUT linear servos and DD tail? I hope it works well.
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:35 AM
NB Canada
Joined Apr 2008
467 Posts
Maybe I'm looking at a different model or something. To me this just looks like a junky all plastic brushed motor toy with toy servos. I thought my full brushless 4G3 was junk (and it was) 2 YEARS ago yet this is supposed to be exciting?? To each his own I guess...
Beckler is offline Find More Posts by Beckler
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:39 AM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler View Post
Maybe I'm looking at a different model or something. To me this just looks like a junky all plastic brushed motor toy with toy servos. I thought my full brushless 4G3 was junk (and it was) 2 YEARS ago yet this is supposed to be exciting?? To each his own I guess...
Yeah,and the flight video looked terrible,too.And the plastic construction will surely explode under the tremendous 1.6 ounce all up weight when you crash it.Can't wait to get my hands on one of these "toys"
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:40 AM
Pat K
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2010
382 Posts
I have nothing against plastic parts as my experience with mSR is that it is crazy crash proof. However dual brush motors is a very bad news for me as this is the weak point of the mSR.
Papat is offline Find More Posts by Papat
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:41 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler View Post
Some of these "junk" helis fly better or are more reliable than those with "state of the art" technology. The proof of the pudding is in the flying...

And don't forget the fun factor, not everyone wants to spend hours setting up their heli for a 3D flight, and then have it crashing within a minute, only to have to start over again. Some just want a little more simple thing, but still do some inverted. This little heli might be the answer...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Feb 03, 2011, 09:41 AM
NB Canada
Joined Apr 2008
467 Posts
Fair enough; if it's very durable that's surely a step forward. Tho I think we already know brushed motors aren't gonna be durable...
Beckler is offline Find More Posts by Beckler