Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:47 AM
Bakersfield, California
Joined Jan 2007
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellmark View Post
Just a gentle left-hand bank setting up for final. About 2/3rds throttle, I had a little right rudder. When she came around I started to feather the aileron no response. Before I knew it she had dropped like a stone. I killed the throttle, full elevator and right aileron. She nosed up stall out and fell....could have been a gust. I hope the servo jam was the impact. Weather is supposed to be better tomorrow, I'll try again.

Any landing you can walk away from.....
It happened to me again today. This time I know it wasn't me or the wind. I was in a straight and level flight when she banked hard right I gave full left she straightened up stalled then fell like a rock. Cracked the fuselage just aft of main wing. Easy fix but DAMN!! Anyway, I took her apart again and same thing left aileron stuck in up deflection. This time I got it to repeat....consistently. Here's the tape:
Spektrum AS2000L ultra micro aileron servo issue (1 min 6 sec)

I know the problem is with this servo. I opened the main fuselage to access the brick and switched the two aileron plugs. Though now reversed, the same servo would repeat the jitter/stick issue.....
maxwellmark is offline Find More Posts by maxwellmark
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2011, 04:21 AM
UK
Joined Sep 2009
159 Posts
Hi All,

Would someone be good enough to get the verniers out and measure the Eflite battery for me??

What capacity would you guys like to see???? 320mah? 350mah?

True 20C rating???
richardbarnett is offline Find More Posts by richardbarnett
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:37 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
594 Posts
The brown truck brought my Mosquito to it's new home yesterday afternoon. I am impressed with the scale looks of this little plane! I charged the battery and set up control surface deflections IAW the manual. I decided to add exponential of +27 on all surfaces. I also mixed in a little rudder with the ailerons. By the way I am using a Spektrum DX6i. I got up early this morning to take advantage of the dawn calm.Took the Mossie out to the mall parking lot, lined her up on the runway, opened up the throttle and she was airborne! All I can say is that the flight characteristics are supurb. Loops and rolls are easily accomplished ( make sure to use down elevator in the roll !). Landing is easy too, I did a few touch and goes also. I am very very pleased with this model!
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:11 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
It happened to me again today. This time I know it wasn't me or the wind. I was in a straight and level flight when she banked hard right I gave full left she straightened up stalled then fell like a rock. Cracked the fuselage just aft of main wing. Easy fix but DAMN!! Anyway, I took her apart again and same thing left aileron stuck in up deflection. This time I got it to repeat....consistently. Here's the tape:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTEFKHtfKpY
I know the problem is with this servo. I opened the main fuselage to access the brick and switched the two aileron plugs. Though now reversed, the same servo would repeat the jitter/stick issue.....
Call horizon. The Servo has a bad resistive strip or rack. No reason for you to have to fix it for a brand new plane.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:12 AM
Airplane Killer
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,704 Posts
I'm lazy and don't use a vernier anymore, but from my digital caliper:
measurements in mm...
cell width: 19.7
cell thickness: 7.62
length (end of cell to end of cap): 32.62
cap width: 20.56
cap thickness including key: 8.49
length including connector: 35.28

For me, with stock power, more capacity would be nice. a 350 would be almost 50% more, that would be great.
Dave
SumthinsFishy is offline Find More Posts by SumthinsFishy
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:59 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,048 Posts
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:02 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post

"Zippy Flightmax Single Cell batteries deliver full capacity & discharge as well as being the best value batteries in the hobby market today! Ideal for light weight applications, a JST connection has been pre-installed eliminating the hassle of making single cell packs.
Too bad they have JST connectors!
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:05 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
I have converted my 150mha charger to accept the larger 240 cells. I removed the bottom, unscrewed the charging port from its stock location. I then cut a slot on the side of the unit at the top/bottom split to accept the port. I then drilled two holes for the srews and mounted it. I also put a dot of red paint on the side of the unit to ensure correct polarity. No need for a 12volt battery or power supply now!
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Last edited by huntingfield; Mar 04, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:09 AM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,288 Posts
or use BLH3126 is you want to go both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfield View Post
Actually thats a very good idea! I was thinking about that myself. It would be a very easy mod. Time to get out the soldering iron and convert the Mossie to jst connectors.
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:37 AM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
ChuckTSeeker let us know when your video is up!
Brooklynstar23 is offline Find More Posts by Brooklynstar23
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:52 AM
Northern VA
Joined Feb 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkrd View Post
I ordered two of the 500mah batts from all-battery.com and the emailed me they are backordered. Must have had a rush when this plane came out!
Happy I got 8 of 'em a couple of weeks ago!
petestorm is offline Find More Posts by petestorm
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:04 AM
Bakersfield, California
Joined Jan 2007
253 Posts
I just got off the phone with HH support. They'll send me a new servo. Should have it Monday. Nice people.

Now, anybody know what the white adheasive is that HH uses? It holds the servos, Rx, and Motor in. Is it commercially available?

Thanks,
maxwellmark is offline Find More Posts by maxwellmark
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:07 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
I just got off the phone with HH support. They'll send me a new servo. Should have it Monday. Nice people.

Now, anybody know what the white adheasive is that HH uses? It holds the servos, Rx, and Motor in. Is it commercially available?

Thanks,
It electronics safe silicone caulk, but it takes hours to fully dry.

Low temp hot melt glue works fine, too, and just takes seconds to cure.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:12 AM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,861 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5&LiPoConfig=1

New HobbyKing Zippys
fnlrun is online now Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:28 AM
NEVER GIVE UP!
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Nov 2010
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun View Post
Those plugs dont seem to match the UM connectors that park zone makes...or am i missing something?
Brooklynstar23 is offline Find More Posts by Brooklynstar23