HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:40 AM
USA, CA, Altadena
Joined Nov 2010
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellmark View Post
In regards to being "tail heavy" Is that after checking the recommende CG or just "stuff it 'n' fly it" results?
Just checked my cg and its good with the stock battery all the way forward. Haven't flown yet though.
Darth Vapor is offline Find More Posts by Darth Vapor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:43 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellmark View Post
In regards to being "tail heavy" Is that after checking the recommended CG or just "stuff it 'n' fly it" results?
That's what I was thinking....in all the videos I have seen, it doesn't fly like it is tail heavy...COG is what I am thinking.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:47 AM
USA, CA, Altadena
Joined Nov 2010
56 Posts
Horizon has really done a great job on the detailing and overall build quality. I cant wait to see what the modders and painters do when they get their hands on it.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:57 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Is the mossy tail heavy with landing gear or without? Maybe the tail gear is too heavy.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:12 AM
Warbird Flyer
North New Jersey
Joined Dec 2009
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foambird View Post
Very popular aircraft in the U.S.! Fast, manueverable, many variations...a good aircraft crosses all borders of appreciation. Also popularized in two movies made in the US.
Which movies are those? I'd love to see more as the Mossie is a beautiful aircraft! The only one I know of is 633 Squadron, which was filmed in England and Scotland and had a mostly (if not all) British cast, but was produced by an American company if I recall correctly.

My only gripe with that film is too many models and too many scenes repeated multiple times (Mosquito crashing in the fjords). Otherwise top notch.

Please let me know any others worth watching!

Joe
JoeS475 is offline Find More Posts by JoeS475
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:29 AM
Joined Aug 2010
305 Posts
Seeing that photos makes me envious

Come on HobbyKing, my reseller will be shiping next week
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:37 AM
Joined Mar 2010
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vapor View Post
Got mine at Gizmos hobby in Burbank this afternoon. I think they still had one or two on the shelf.

Thanks for the pic and the link glenn2626. that's exactly what I was thinking of making.
Nice to see a fellow Gizmos hobby shopper on the forums!
merx is offline Find More Posts by merx
Old Feb 26, 2011, 03:45 AM
USA, CA, Altadena
Joined Nov 2010
56 Posts
It seems like every time I go back they have more ultra micros in stock. Its a nice shop but its dangerously close to my work Robins hobby up on Glenoaks is pretty cool too. Its a bit smaller, but the staff are really friendly and knowledgeable.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:10 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vapor View Post
Me too. if it would JUST STOP RAINING!
Hey, you SoCal folks pray for rain all year and now that you have it you are complaining.

At least you have your Mossy. I'm still waiting.

Glen (who grew up in Long Beach)
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:25 AM
USA, CA, Altadena
Joined Nov 2010
56 Posts
haha. good point glen. We have alot of good year round flying weather, and my lawn really needs a good soak. I shouldn't complain.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:58 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,453 Posts
Reason there's no Vids or reports yet

they didn't release this one in Australia first

cheers chuck

PS i should have mine later this week and will put up an unboxing and maiden vid

PSs A Box with a handle we used to live in a box well we called it home anyway what we would have given to have a handle
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:09 AM
USA, CA, Altadena
Joined Nov 2010
56 Posts
You had a box? You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:43 AM
UK, Hereford and Worcester, Worcester
Joined Feb 2009
634 Posts
A paper bag? You were lucky. We lived in a discarded crisp packet in the middle of the M6. Had to get up before we went to bed to get to work on time, then worked a 23 hour day 7 days a week, and were grateful to get paid in potato peelings. What we'd have given for a Dad to thrash us to sleep.
aracer is offline Find More Posts by aracer
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:57 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,162 Posts
still on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
awkardflyer,

The ESC's are 2 amp.

UNGN, the motors are P-51 motors.

Here is a photo of the AR6400T receiver. The Receiver shouid be live on HH.com today or tomorrow.

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone
Horizon Hobby
Matt: are you still answering questions in regards to horizon? i asked you about the motors if they are exactly the same or symmetrical and you have not answered. i even sent you the question as a private message.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Feb 26, 2011, 06:05 AM
Surrey, UK
Joined Mar 2003
388 Posts
I've spotted a market opportunity and I'm going for it.

Gents, I announce the launch of my new prestige range of "Almost ready to complain about" (ARCA) model boxes designed specificly for people who are incapable of opening a cardboard box...

PDR
Peter D Rieden is offline Find More Posts by Peter D Rieden