Thanks
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:00 PM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Looks like they have a moulded space for their TX in the foam - odd - its only BNF.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:01 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xargon321 View Post
Got some pic with my Iphone sorry for the quality
I like that the wheels can stay on it in the box. I hate that about my T-28, having to take the wheels off to put it in the box. I end up hand launching it 90% of the time because I don't feel like putting the wheels on... But I love doing touch and goes.

I'm expecting mine should be here Monday or Tuesday. I'll call the LHS tomorrow just to make sure it's not here.

-Jay
CyberJay is online now Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:04 PM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay View Post
I like that the wheels can stay on it in the box. I hate that about my T-28, having to take the wheels off to put it in the box. I end up hand launching it 90% of the time because I don't feel like putting the wheels on... But I love doing touch and goes.

I'm expecting mine should be here Monday or Tuesday. I'll call the LHS tomorrow just to make sure it's not here.

-Jay
Just cut out the space in the foam, simple
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:07 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4 Posts
I'm a bit of a noob (quite a few flights with my Champ) but I just received mine. Using the built in charge of the battery (I need to get a power adapter) I powered mine up and bound it to my champ radio.

Problem.

Right motor isn't turning.....or it did for a min but sporadicly and now it doesn't turn at all. Left motor works great.

Send it back?

Ry
niuguy is offline Find More Posts by niuguy
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:11 PM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Is the battery fully charged?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:11 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niuguy View Post
I'm a bit of a noob (quite a few flights with my Champ) but I just received mine. Using the built in charge of the battery (I need to get a power adapter) I powered mine up and bound it to my champ radio.

Problem.

Right motor isn't turning.....or it did for a min but sporadicly and now it doesn't turn at all. Left motor works great.

Send it back?

Ry
If I read this right, you DID NOT charge the lipo yet, just went with what ever was on the bat when it came? I would suggest trying a full charge first, though that SHOULD NOT be the problem, as I believe it was posted earlier by one of the HH gents that the LVC shuts BOTH engines off. Probably end up having to get hold of HH and get a new one.

Thoughts?

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:12 PM
UK, Hereford and Worcester, Worcester
Joined Feb 2009
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lberry.88 View Post
Looks like they have a moulded space for their TX in the foam - odd - its only BNF.
At the moment. Not at all surprising a business decision even if they plan to offer it RTF later, given all the early adopters clamoring for it are likely to already have some sort of DSM2 TX.

BTW why can't everybody make their minds up what RTF means - in other areas of our hobby it seems to simply mean no construction of the airframe required, but no electronics included?
aracer is offline Find More Posts by aracer
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:12 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:

Problem.

Send it back?

Ry
Call Horizon.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:13 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,898 Posts
Quote:
Send it back?

Ry
I'd call 'em, explain the situation and see what they say. I've gotten defective parts twice from reputable folks, that I can remember; both times I got replacements shipped to me no questions asked, without shipping the product back.
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:13 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4 Posts
Highly doubt it. I'm going to hold off sending it back but now I'm all worried about it Will an aircraft with two motors drop down to one motor when low on battery?
niuguy is offline Find More Posts by niuguy
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:14 PM
UK, Hereford and Worcester, Worcester
Joined Feb 2009
634 Posts
Given all this talk of the technicalities of reversing motor directions, who will be the first to go more authentic with both motors turning the same way? If the motors really are identical, you should just need a spare gearbox and prop. Would it really be that awkward to fly like that?
aracer is offline Find More Posts by aracer
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:14 PM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aracer View Post
At the moment. Not at all surprising a business decision even if they plan to offer it RTF later, given all the early adopters clamoring for it are likely to already have some sort of DSM2 TX.

BTW why can't everybody make their minds up what RTF means - in other areas of our hobby it seems to simply mean no construction of the airframe required, but no electronics included?
True. With Spektrum it means exactly what it say "Ready to Fly" even the batteries for the TX are included - that's cool
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:16 PM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aracer View Post
Given all this talk of the technicalities of reversing motor directions, who will be the first to go more authentic with both motors turning the same way? If the motors really are identical, you should just need a spare gearbox and prop. Would it really be that awkward to fly like that?
Yeah, it would be a dog to fly - the full size was near-lethal at take off and there was far less power to weight in the full size. With the Micro the torque will add serious roll to that tiny and lightweight airframe.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:19 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Will an aircraft with two motors drop down to one motor when low on battery?
no. The AR6400T cuts off both motors at the same time.

If one motor isn't working, it has a bad wire or the motor is bad.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN