SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:51 PM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,290 Posts
I'm pretty sure that there will be a clockwise and and a counterclockwise timed motor in the bag. It's the same thing with the coaxial heli's- they offer replacement motors in both rotations. My guess is that they will be marked left/right, or something like that. They haven't shipped me the parts yet, so, I'll report back to the thread when they eventually get here and I can see for myself.

-Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Let's hope they have come up with a different motor then. As others have said, reversing the rotation of the present motors with the brush system they have would seem not be a good thing. The friction against the brush would put at least some force in the direction of rotation and the design of the other motors I have seen would not take well to rotational pressure in the wrong direction, it would try to force the brush harder against the surface instead of maintaining the preset spring pressure of the design.
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:52 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
Well I still haven't received my shipping email from HH...I preordered in the beginning of this month. I called them yesterday, and they said it should be shipping today, but where is my notice?
I sometimes don't get the notice from HH or HobbyZone until as much as a day or two something's shipped, when I've pre-ordered; I don't know why . . . I just emailed to ask HobbyZone about mine.
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:57 PM
Loose Nut behind the ..Sticks?
Vancouver, Washinton
Joined Jun 2010
189 Posts
i hope it gets here soon today and saterday are going to be very nice days (well cold too but at least sunny). then after that all rain....
Xargon321 is offline Find More Posts by Xargon321
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:57 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee View Post
I sometimes don't get the notice from HH or HobbyZone until as much as a day or two something's shipped, when I've pre-ordered; I don't know why . . . I just emailed to ask HobbyZone about mine.
I don't know why I care how soon I will get it because the weather here in washington has been utter poo. Either raining, snowy, or just too windy.
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:01 PM
Airplane Killer
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,724 Posts
I want mine NOW too. Even though I sent my transmitter to HH for service yesterday
SumthinsFishy is offline Find More Posts by SumthinsFishy
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:15 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumthinsFishy View Post
I want mine NOW too. Even though I sent my transmitter to HH for service yesterday
This bird should fly ok with the toy Tx that come with the RTFs.... Are you sure you don't have one hidden somewhere in a box?
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:22 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Apr 2009
570 Posts
Got it

I got mine at 11:08 am PST and it is beautiful. If it wasn't raining it would be in the air right now. Bob
wslco10 is offline Find More Posts by wslco10
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:24 PM
Avon,IN
Joined Dec 2007
33 Posts
Well I just received mine from UPS and it looks great. Unfortunately, we had ice and snow last night so it's going to be a day or two until I can fly it. My only complaint would be that the battery lead to the nose is very short on mine. I can barely get my fingers around it to plug the battery in. It looks like I'll be getting an extension. I look forward to hearing someones flight report.
tsever00 is offline Find More Posts by tsever00
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:28 PM
Vancouver, Washinton
Joined Jun 2010
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I don't know why I care how soon I will get it because the weather here in washington has been utter poo. Either raining, snowy, or just too windy.
snow imo is way better then rain. im here in Vancouver, Wa and would love snow over rain anytime!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:34 PM
Airplane Killer
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
This bird should fly ok with the toy Tx that come with the RTFs.... Are you sure you don't have one hidden somewhere in a box?
Yeah, I have a couple. Your probably right. I think it will be OK with one of those. Thanks for the reminder!
Dave
SumthinsFishy is offline Find More Posts by SumthinsFishy
Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:38 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xargon321 View Post
snow imo is way better then rain. im here in Vancouver, Wa and would love snow over rain anytime!
I can never decide which is better...while I do love watching it snow, I've never had to shovel rain off the driveway.
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I can fly...
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2005
2,619 Posts
My LHS got them so I will get one this evening after work!
wyldkrd is online now Find More Posts by wyldkrd
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:22 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
both the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
awkardflyer,

The ESC's are 2 amp.

UNGN, the motors are P-51 motors.

Here is a photo of the AR6400T receiver. The Receiver shouid be live on HH.com today or tomorrow.

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone
Horizon Hobby
thanks for the input.
you said motors are p51. but are they exactly the same? or one is exactly the same, and the other is wound opposite and brushes too? i guess there is some timing, as in 'advance timing'. right?
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:26 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,153 Posts
C'mon people that have these already, where are the pics!?
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:31 PM
Vancouver, Washinton
Joined Jun 2010
189 Posts
there to busy out flying to take pics....