HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:25 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
How long does a typical order from HK ship to USA? My sukhoi xp motor just died, I ordered my setup a month ago, now the items are in stock. Just shipped out of the warehouse, the email said expect the order to take 45 days to ship! First time ordering from HK, is the 45 day estimate true?
45 days is what you will see on every order with cheap shipping. After you get the email that your order has been shipped, with the cheapest shipping option you should have it in two to three weeks. I have used the EMS shipping and it is faster but more expensive. The fastest I have gotten an order was with all in stock items and EMS shipping. I ordered on a Thursday evening and got it on Monday. I couldn't believe it. Most of their orders require a signature from the post office.
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:27 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjet View Post
45 days is what you will see on every order with cheap shipping. After you get the email that your order has been shipped, with the cheapest shipping option you should have it in two to three weeks. I have used the EMS shipping and it is faster but more expensive. The fastest I have gotten an order was with all in stock items and EMS shipping. I ordered on a Thursday evening and got it on Monday. I couldn't believe it. Most of their orders require a signature from the post office.
The shipping method I chose was the $3.99 air mail option. 2-3 weeks sounds fine, wish it could be here tomorrow.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:28 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster View Post
Which Hobby shop? Great hobbies website shows it as in stock in stores and the web.
Just think! Somebody is probably flying one as you are reading this.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:39 PM
Loose Nut behind the ..Sticks?
Vancouver, Washinton
Joined Jun 2010
189 Posts
i think they got them in stock in the main warehouse because the button no longer says backorder on HH site. getting excited!!!

i wish that parkzone could have gotten together with phoenix and made a plane for the sim to tide us over till it gets here...
Xargon321 is offline Find More Posts by Xargon321
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:40 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
The shipping method I chose was the $3.99 air mail option. 2-3 weeks sounds fine, wish it could be here tomorrow.
2 - 3 weeks sounds right. I have an order that left Hong Kong on the 11th that I'm waiting for. I try two think about two months out for stuff that I may need from them. I get most of my batteries, motors and speed controllers from them.

I have ordered from them 48 times in the last three years.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:43 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,160 Posts
Quote:
I love Hobby King! You just need to know how they work. If you know you want it, order it even if is on back-order. They have customers from all around the world. They go through tons of stock. If you wait for something to get in stock, there maybe enough back-orders that when they do get the item in, the back-orders get it first and there might not be any left over to put in stock. they sell the most popular items faster than they can get them. I have 2 orders with them that have back-ordered stuff. I'll get them, when I get them. Don't even try to email them or expect costomer support. That is a waste of time. And if something breaks, forget about sending it back to China. The $ is too much. I did sent a couple of things back to see if I would ever receive the replacement, and I did. But the cost savings far outway the problems.

As far as the Nano 160"s are concerened, yes I have 12 of them on back-order.
Also, if anything in your cart is back-ordered, they won't ship until everything you ordered is in stock.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:49 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
Just by the LHS up here making sure I get the FIRST ONE that arrives in Edmonton, AB Canada ... getting more than a little anxious on this one!
As long you think second is first, we'll both be happy.

Yes, yes I am willing to drive for seven hours to get it "quickly".
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:51 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
So are these bad boys shipping out to LHS's? I need confirmation here people!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:54 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,380 Posts
Wow, from the HH website you can order them now! The product once you add to cart is in stock from Illinois!
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:00 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,986 Posts
HobbyZone always showed them as coming 2/22, and now shows them as being in stock. I'm assuming that means mine will be in the mail shortly!
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:10 PM
Loose Nut behind the ..Sticks?
Vancouver, Washinton
Joined Jun 2010
189 Posts
got one on order from HH along with a dx8 that they say is in stock at the warehouse but not at the site but you still can order it trying for overnight shipping lets see what happens!
Xargon321 is offline Find More Posts by Xargon321
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:44 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,160 Posts
Well, I just finished charging my 6 Hpy 240's. I keep having this feeling that I'm missing something.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:27 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
As long you think second is first, we'll both be happy.

Yes, yes I am willing to drive for seven hours to get it "quickly".
I will let you know if I get one Harv, the owner was making sure he has some coming today so it might be a race. (What part of my home Province are you in anyway?)

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:50 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
514 Posts
Quote:
2 - 3 weeks sounds right. I have an order that left Hong Kong on the 11th that I'm waiting for. I try two think about two months out for stuff that I may need from them. I get most of my batteries, motors and speed controllers from them.

I have ordered from them 48 times in the last three years.
I received two orders today that left HK on the 16th of Feb. Chinese New Year holiday is over and they are shipping the backlog of orders.
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Old Feb 24, 2011, 08:11 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
The wait is killing me!
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88