HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I just bought one of these...I've been wanting a Mossy for a while and finally got a deal on one...Is it very acrobatic???...I expect my planes to easily loop from level flight...I plan on weathering my Mossy as well...Can't wait!!!...All I need is the UMX AS3X Spitty for a competent WWII RAF fighter group............

Kevin
Will loop at 1/2 throttle, add weight up front or use a 500ma cell.

Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:41 PM
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,029 Posts
As you might expect rolls are a little slow so you have to take that into consideration.
martimer is offline Find More Posts by martimer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:13 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,907 Posts
Good to know!!!...I have batts from 350mAh to 500mAh to try with the Mossy...I'm a bit concerned with the width of the battery compartment, though...My 500mAh batts are fairly wide...(Hyperion)...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:22 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,236 Posts
The narrow bats made for the SR 120 are perfect (Hyperion 550). The 320s are a great fit also. The 250s aren't so great -- they don't handle the extra current requirement well and they leave the plane tail heavy.

The Mossie will do aerobatics, but it is no fighter -- nothing like the mustang. Still, it can do all the tricks and it looks really good. The twin engine sound is really cool.
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters
Last edited by jdwolters; Sep 10, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:24 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,485 Posts
Mine looped just great

I needs to post pics on here some time, mine has pulled so much G that it now has a curved wing! It rolls out of loops if your not on he ball
On the plus side though it self rights now and can be flown R/E only!

A very relaxing flyer if flown with a heavy battery up front

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:57 AM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
298 Posts
Throttle and aileron problems

Hello guys,

First of all I have my 1s lypos (200mah froma blade mcpx and a 300mah nanotech) and work fine on my mcpx so i know my lipos are good.

When I give it throttle the engines dont run smothly, and at some point they quit, during this erratic start up the controls start to repond very slow and to make things even worse I have a frozen aileron

Any ideas how to fix this throttle issues?
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Last edited by chulian1819; Sep 10, 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: fix
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Joined Jan 2008
1,236 Posts
I have the same problem. Even though the lips are good on the mcpx, they can't produce as much current as the Mossie wants and they just don't work. The smallest batt that works well on mine is a 320 but I've come really like the 550 made for the SR 120. Put on a 250 and all the problems you mention happen again.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:48 PM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,485 Posts
Do you think it might be the Mozzie wanting more Amperage to feed its twin merlins, sorry twin motors!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:07 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
Joined Jan 2008
1,236 Posts
You bet -- that's a lot of propeller blades. (Don't they sound good?)
Last edited by jdwolters; Sep 10, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:20 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,485 Posts
Oh yes
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
298 Posts
thanks guys for the replies,

but even at low rpm the engines run irregular, also the lipo is a nanotech 300mah 35c and it used to work fine with this one.

what batteries are good for the mossie?
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:34 AM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,485 Posts
Everyone seems to use 500mAh+

The Mosquito can be very tail heavy, instead of adding dead weight just go for a huge battery and put up with the longer flight times!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:55 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Everyone seems to use 500mAh+

The Mosquito can be very tail heavy, instead of adding dead weight just go for a huge battery and put up with the longer flight times!
+1!! And don't forget the increased thrust-to-weight (provided that high-quality cells are used).

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:55 PM
WHAT THE...
Evansville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,575 Posts
Getting ready to maiden my brand new Mossie. But first, I have a question for those flying with the STOCK E-Flite battery...As others have mentioned before...I seem to have a tail heavy plane. It appears that a dime (2.268 grams?) placed on top of the battery shows a good balance point...does this seem about right?
barmonkey is offline Find More Posts by barmonkey
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmonkey View Post
Getting ready to maiden my brand new Mossie. But first, I have a question for those flying with the STOCK E-Flite battery...As others have mentioned before...I seem to have a tail heavy plane. It appears that a dime (2.268 grams?) placed on top of the battery shows a good balance point...does this seem about right?
The recommended CG is a good starting point. Simply measure the CG on your plane & adjust it to what it says in the manual. Then you can fine-tune it by flight-testing. When you get it just right, the elevator will be close to neutral for level flight, the nose will drop slightly in turns, the nose will drop moderately when power is cut, there will be enough elevator authority for a power-off flare, the plane will easily fly inverted with no more than a moderate amount of down-elevator, and it won't feel overly pitch-sensitive or darty. See my blog for a tutorial on flight-trimming: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...51&postcount=1

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member