SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:15 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
Further to my recent post concerning aileron problems, I tried all the electronic fixes to no avail.
You plugged in a $2 servo reversing cable, available at your LHS and it didn't work?

Everyone that owns AS2000 servos should have one of these servo reversers in their tool box (they also come free with a AS2000 replacement servo)
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:41 PM
Registered User
Ceredigion, Wales.
Joined Oct 2000
349 Posts
I had not got one in stock, and could not find one available in the uk, apart from one stockist who wanted to charge seven pounds for postage..The only other shop was out of stock. This is a very rural area of the UK and the nearest decent LHS is about a hundred miles. :[ Arf
Arthur is offline Find More Posts by Arthur
Last edited by Arthur; Aug 03, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:52 PM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,793 Posts
Put the Rx into dual aileron mode. I think you power up the plane with the right stick top left if I remember correctly (it says how to do it in the manual), then reverse either the aileron of flap to achieve the correct movement.

This opens up many more possibilities such as differential or spoilers, with no drawbacks!
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:23 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Put the Rx into dual aileron mode. I think you power up the plane with the right stick top left if I remember correctly (it says how to do it in the manual), then reverse either the aileron of flap to achieve the correct movement.

This opens up many more possibilities such as differential or spoilers, with no drawbacks!
That should work, too.

The TX can reverse the servos individually, after the brick is put into separate channel 2/6 mode.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:17 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
831 Posts
Attached a pic of a flyby with my Lil' Mossie. A flyin' buddy took the shot. Hope you enjoy it. I LOVE this bird!

Tom
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:27 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Tom,

Very cool shot!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Having read all the reviews for this little bird, I decided to run down to the hobby store and pick up one yesterday so I could take it over to the park today to fly. Unfortunately, that wasn't to be. The upper 1/3rd of the vertical stabilizer is badly warped (curled over) to one side that its impossible to even think about trying to get it centered, while one of the horizontal stabilizers is also out of whack with the other. So in other words, a wasted day. Worse, the hobby shop doesn't take pack opened items for exchange, meaning that I now have to call up the HH customer service department, and then sit around and hurry up and wait for the delivery man to bring a replacement.

I realize that for $120.00 I'm not going to get old world craftsmanship, but it would have been nice to have at least gotten a tiny modicum of quality control.

JFS61 is offline Find More Posts by JFS61
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:27 PM
Registered User
trroadster's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS61 View Post
Having read all the reviews for this little bird, I decided to run down to the hobby store and pick up one yesterday so I could take it over to the park today to fly. Unfortunately, that wasn't to be. The upper 1/3rd of the vertical stabilizer is badly warped (curled over) to one side that its impossible to even think about trying to get it centered, while one of the horizontal stabilizers is also out of whack with the other. So in other words, a wasted day. Worse, the hobby shop doesn't take pack opened items for exchange, meaning that I now have to call up the HH customer service department, and then sit around and hurry up and wait for the delivery man to bring a replacement.

I realize that for $120.00 I'm not going to get old world craftsmanship, but it would have been nice to have at least gotten a tiny modicum of quality control.

Time to find a new hobby shop. This should have been an instant exchange. Obviously faulty merchandise.
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:14 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster View Post
Time to find a new hobby shop. This should have been an instant exchange. Obviously faulty merchandise.
Actually, I didn't discover the problem until today, and the store was closed, so to not much that either they or myself could do. I'm just going by the fact that it's a HobbyTown franchise, and they have a no return policy (which I wasn't really aware of beforehand, but my impatience got the better of me so I went ahead), but as you said it's defective, so it should be an exception. I'll just have to check with them tomorrow, as some of the franchises are apparently easier to deal with than others. I'm just thinking that it might be easier in the long run to deal with HH directly, and either send it back to them to fix or just have them send me the parts so I can do it myself.
JFS61 is offline Find More Posts by JFS61
Last edited by JFS61; Aug 05, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:26 PM
west coast flyer
emeraldc's Avatar
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
I think if you've not used the product, a vendor has to take it back with in the first 30 day's, at least in Canada. It would be pretty poor CS if they didn't.

The tail feathers on these birds are very thin, I've straightened my'n out a few times.
emeraldc is offline Find More Posts by emeraldc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:42 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldc View Post
The tail feathers on these birds are very thin, I've straightened my'n out a few times.
Any tips? I've been away for awhile, and what little I did know has been lost to the ravages of middle age.

JFS61 is offline Find More Posts by JFS61
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:50 AM
west coast flyer
emeraldc's Avatar
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
You could try warming the foam up with a hair dryer and just bending it back the other way. The top of my V. stab. bent right over & cracked, so I used a little glue. You could get some small carbon fiber rod if you reall wanted to stiffin things up. If it's not perfect, a little trim should solve it.
emeraldc is offline Find More Posts by emeraldc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:30 AM
Registered User
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS61 View Post
Any tips? I've been away for awhile, and what little I did know has been lost to the ravages of middle age.

The tail feathers are thin, mine had creases after a couple of flights.
I cut clear package tape and taped elevator and stab. Made a huge difference.

I do run 500Ma battery so did not change CG enough to notice.

Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:46 AM
Registered User
trroadster's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2006
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS61 View Post
Any tips? I've been away for awhile, and what little I did know has been lost to the ravages of middle age.

immerse in hot water for a minute or so then bend a little further than where you want it as it will spring backa bit. May be best to do it in stages.
trroadster is offline Find More Posts by trroadster
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:01 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Gary Hoorn's Avatar
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,970 Posts
JFS61,
Be very careful with those tail feathers. Too much heat from either a heat gun, hair dryer or hot water will render them useless. Gently massage them into position using a hair dryer but do not let them get very hot. Hold them in the correct position while cooling. I used some clear scotch tape on both sides of the rudder to hold it straight and add some reinforcement. Same for the horizontal stabilizer, especially the tips. Work carefully and it will come out just fine. The bird is usually tail heavy and I use 500mah lipos for some nose weight.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New Hobby-Lobby micro P-51 and Spirfire! - direct competitor to Parkzone Ultra Micro? Smokescreen38 Micro Ready-to-Fly 316 Aug 23, 2012 12:51 AM
Discussion Parkzone New Ultra Micro Mosquito Mk VI ChuckTseeker Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 4 Feb 03, 2011 02:22 AM
For Sale parkzone ultra micro J-3 cub BNF trade for micro trojan ED3 Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Nov 06, 2010 03:19 AM
Sold Moved to micro section -Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26m Ultra Micro BNF - w/ Lots of new parts major.monogram Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 08, 2010 01:00 AM
Found Parkzone Ultra Micro P-51D BNF (New or like new condition) CGReload Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Oct 09, 2009 02:28 PM