Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:05 AM
Canada, ON, Waterloo
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
I've recently come into possession of one of these mossie's, unfortunately the airframe came pre-totalled. On the other hand it came with a replacement airframe, so all need to do is migrate the electronics over onto the new set of foam and glue the whole contraption together. I've already taken the electronics off the old airframe and before I started gluing it onto the fresh frame I just wanted to do a quick check of all the electronics to make sure they were still functional, but I can't figure out how to connect the motors to the receiver.

I think i'm missing a part (maybe an adapter from the two motor connectors to the single 4-pin connector at the center of the board), but I don't see it in parkzone's parts list.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
PawnBoy is offline Find More Posts by PawnBoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:49 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnBoy View Post
I've recently come into possession of one of these mossie's, unfortunately the airframe came pre-totalled. On the other hand it came with a replacement airframe, so all need to do is migrate the electronics over onto the new set of foam and glue the whole contraption together. I've already taken the electronics off the old airframe and before I started gluing it onto the fresh frame I just wanted to do a quick check of all the electronics to make sure they were still functional, but I can't figure out how to connect the motors to the receiver.

I think i'm missing a part (maybe an adapter from the two motor connectors to the single 4-pin connector at the center of the board), but I don't see it in parkzone's parts list.
Motors plug into those two black connectors protruding from the receiver. (one per connector). On your picture, they are between the antenna and the battery cable.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:51 AM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Apr 2012
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnBoy View Post

Those two black little boxes sticking off the main board, are they not 2 pin connectors?
peterswolf is offline Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:53 AM
Canada, ON, Waterloo
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Motors plug into those two black connectors protruding from the receiver. (one per connector)
Doh, I don't see any blushing emoticon... The receiver was already removed when I got it and I just figured those were power transistors or something and assumed the 4 pin connector was meant for the motors!

Thank you!
PawnBoy is offline Find More Posts by PawnBoy
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Aug 2010
299 Posts
Good day,
yesterday I wanted to fly my Mossie, but I had problem with two E-Flite stock batteries. One, which I assumed, was fully charged and should be fully charged, but after 30s of flight, Mossieīs ESC cut off and I landed. I took the second battery and WOW :-O like a baloon and some weird mass come out. Still giving 3.9V But motors wont run.
Do you know, how many amps the mossies engines takes? Because I had an accident and one engine is slower at low RPM
Mosquito engine run (0 min 21 sec)

Do you think, this problem can cause too many power drain to destroy battery?
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:25 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
It's my experience that the E-flite batteries don't last very long. Nearly every E-flite battery I own is dead (all of my Mossy 250's are). I'd get a new battery and see what it does, then look at new motors.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Aug 2010
299 Posts
Ah, ok, thank you
Do you think, I can use this battery? Could it be better? I donīt know, if it is same connector.
http://www.bestbuymodel.com/detail.a...i=120102000048
Last edited by awacsCZE; Jul 28, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:35 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE View Post
Ah, ok, thank you
Do you think, I can use this battery? Qould it be better? I donīt know, if it is same connector.
http://www.bestbuymodel.com/detail.a...i=120102000048
Yes, the Hyperion 240 is an excellent choice. They provide considerably more power than the factory battery, they're designed for 5c charging, and Hyperion LiPos usually last for hundreds of 5c charge cycles when properly cared for.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Aug 2010
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Yes, the Hyperion 240 is an excellent choice. They provide considerably more power than the factory battery, they're designed for 5c charging, and Hyperion LiPos usually last for hundreds of 5c charge cycles when properly cared for.

Joel
Thank you, i was worried, because it costs a third of E-Fliteīs here. So I will use it
And no need to sold another connector, i fits good?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE View Post
Thank you, i was worried, because it costs a third of E-Fliteīs here. So I will use it
And no need to sold another connector, i fits good?
You're welcome! And yes, that one has the proper 'UM' connector.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:36 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Hey guys,

just bought that bird, will get it tomorrow. If I understand right, it uses the "standard" UM-connector that the other micro warbirds and the Blade mSR (X) heli use, not the "high current" UM-connector of the mCP X, right? Just larger batteries...

That said, these do NOT work?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17808

Any plug'n'play replacement for the stock battery available at HK?

What about these:
http://www.miniaviation.com/mCPX.html
They are said to be for the mCP X as well, so normally wouldn't fit... that said, I am having a hard time finding plug'n'play batteries (no cable) with the standard UM-connector

I am a little confused about the micro connectors... I always thought there was only one type, but it seems not... so is it really true there are two different kinds, standard (mSRX) and high current (mCPX)?

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:05 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,992 Posts
Just use the charge adapter that comes with the MCPx.

All 1S planes and helis come with an adapter to convert to standard UM.
It may not be the most effiecient but it sure works! I use the 500mAh 120SR batteries in mine
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:19 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
I don't have the mCPX, so I don't have the charge adapter... which is the battery connector on the Mosquito is the more interesting question? I might wanna change that to the mCPX connector (if it doesn't have it) to use all those aftermarket batteries...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,992 Posts
The Mosquito uses the smaller, regular size 1S connector.

As for aftermatket packs, I'm not sure who will be best choice for delivery to Germany. I use Miniaviation (UK supplier) 190mAh packs in my Sukhoi XP and Polecat.

RCBabbel (US supplier) does awesome lightweight packs with any connector you want. I use his 2S & 3S Hyperions both 180 and 240mAh.

The Mosquito is well known to be tail heavy but I'm sure he would be able to offer you some Heavyweight (ie large capacity) Hyperions or Thunder Power packs.

HK does have a German warehouse though doesn't it so postage may well be quicker for you there. I have Nanotec 300s for my MCPx which were a good power up, though not too heavy. Remember that the Mosquito likes a lot of weight up front
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:00 AM
United States, GA, Appling
Joined Jul 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot View Post
I don't have the mCPX, so I don't have the charge adapter... which is the battery connector on the Mosquito is the more interesting question? I might wanna change that to the mCPX connector (if it doesn't have it) to use all those aftermarket batteries...

Cheers,
Bernhard

This is what you need to use the MCPX batteries http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=299
tbullard is offline Find More Posts by tbullard