Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:21 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC View Post
Two words: down trim

Put in the right amount and it's not "balloony" even with a Hyperion 240.
Yeah ... no. That don't work for mine.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I can fly...
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2005
2,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
okay thanks. can the hyperions be charged off of the stock charger?

wyldkrd- yeah i also saw the tenergy ones. they don't seem too bad either.
You can charge the Hyps of the stock charger just fine. I even charge the 500ma, just takes a little longer...
wyldkrd is online now Find More Posts by wyldkrd
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:41 PM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkrd View Post
You can charge the Hyps of the stock charger just fine. I even charge the 500ma, just takes a little longer...
Got to get Windrider to send me the batteries in the first place! Ordered 3 160maH on the 6th of this month.....still waiting
Are they always this slow? Cause I was going to place an order for some of the 240maH but I was waiting until my first order was complete....
Their as slow as HobbyKing and I've been ordering batteries from there WITH large box planes!
GavDorro is offline Find More Posts by GavDorro
Last edited by GavDorro; Aug 22, 2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:53 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkrd View Post
okay thanks.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Aug 22, 2011, 05:38 PM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
260 Posts
Mossie night flight video

Short video of some night flying with the Mossie.

UMx Mosquito Night Flights (2 min 56 sec)

LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Aug 22, 2011, 05:58 PM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
785 Posts
quality song.
quick question, whats the lights on the ground? could maybe do with something to illuminate our cricket pitch run way!
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:17 PM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
260 Posts
Runway lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris View Post
quality song.
quick question, whats the lights on the ground? could maybe do with something to illuminate our cricket pitch run way!
Runway lighting by way of chem lights... My boys had the idea when packing up for the weekend overnight trip to the field. Was a great touch for our group of night flyers. LCS
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:14 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavDorro View Post
Got to get Windrider to send me the batteries in the first place! Ordered 3 160maH on the 6th of this month.....still waiting
Are they always this slow? Cause I was going to place an order for some of the 240maH but I was waiting until my first order was complete....
Their as slow as HobbyKing and I've been ordering batteries from there WITH large box planes!
Ha Ha. Windriders ears must have been burning.....landed in the post today.
2 1/2 weeks is possibly worlds slowest airmail? It WAS only a padded envelope?? So, should probably order some 240's? They might get here before I smash up my new mosquito flying the stocks?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:58 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,969 Posts
Just noticed that the Horizon Website says availability is now October again
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:53 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
Gary
Must have sent all stock to Modelflight in Oz?
According to the phone sales people they were unloading a "container of mosquitos" Thursday week. Received mine last Thursday.

Container sounds like a lot until you consider they supply entire aust. continents LHS and mail order private sales.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:18 PM
Joined May 2006
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
Gary
My LHS has two of these in stock. I saw them today. Not really my type of plane but if anyone wants me to pick one up for them let me know.
David McAfee is offline Find More Posts by David McAfee
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:37 AM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
785 Posts
My rudder servo is jammed full lock bummer.
on a positive. My FPV glasses and RX should arrive soon!
then its Mosquito missions for me
i may also be switching another motor out! and removing the lights
at 1/2 throttle and bellow there is to much draw and the ailerons go f****** mental! so landings are 1/2 throttle to the ground and then kill power!
Not fun!
Still Unsure where to mount my camera.
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:24 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
291 Posts
Mosquito wheels jamming - not rolling

Have read a lot of this thread but not sure if a fix has been posted about the mossie wheels not rolling very well? So, my apologies if this has already been discussed.

If you look at the wire "undercarriage" you will probably note that the socket receptacle on the nacelle puts some sideways pressure on the wire when it is plugged into it. This pressure causes the small plastic "axle" to get a slight bend in it. This can result in the wheel not spinning freely on the axle as it "binds". This may impact both take offs and landings. The most common side effect is the aircraft flipping over on landing or veering badly in the direction of the seized wheel on take off.

The fix is not difficult:

Unplug the undercarraige from the receptacle.
You may note that out of the receptacle the wheel spins better as you release the sideways pressure.

Pull open the wire strut so the wheel and axle can be removed.

You'll probably need to straighten the plastic "axle". This is easily done by hand by gently bending it back into shape.

With needle nose pliers, in line with where the top of the tyre would be when assembled, bend the wire undercarraige inwards 2 to 3mm.
What you are aiming for is a bend that keeps the axle straight at the wheel end when the undercarraige is pushed back into the nacelle.

Reassemble and retest for binding by spinning wheel by hand.

You should now find take offs and landings much more "friendly".
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:36 PM
UK, Hereford and Worcester, Worcester
Joined Feb 2009
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavDorro View Post
Have read a lot of this thread but not sure if a fix has been posted about the mossie wheels not rolling very well? So, my apologies if this has already been discussed.
I gave similar advice previously, but it was a long time ago, so worth repeating. No apology required.
aracer is offline Find More Posts by aracer
Old Sep 01, 2011, 10:33 AM
UK, Hereford and Worcester, Worcester
Joined Feb 2009
634 Posts
So in attempting to repair my wing spar which had broken at one of the joining bits (which give a bit of dihedral), I've managed to break it in the same place the other side. Seems this is a weak point, plastic rather than carbon. Have tried using CA to join the bits of plastic back together, but it's not working too well, so wondering at the point it's broken both sides of the central bit whether to dump the original bit entirely and replace with a new central spar section epoxied onto the outer bits.

Just wondering if anybody else has broken their main wing spar in the same place and if so what you've done for a repair. Does the new centre section sound like a good plan (and if so what do I use?)
aracer is offline Find More Posts by aracer