Hobbyking
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:56 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE View Post
Hello again,
I still canīt get my Mossie working. Someone told me that it could be by range of signal. Could somehow the crash affect the signal range? Or it can be somehow battery?
Thank you, I am desperate, because I have no idea, what it can be
What is it not doing?
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:43 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,935 Posts
Horizon Hobby has adapters for that charger.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:22 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
awacs - If you say the red light keeps flashing then properly charge the battery and re-bind the plane to the transmitter. See if that solves your problem.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:18 AM
Joined Aug 2010
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
What is it not doing?
Sorry, I forgot to put link for my problem
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lberry.88 View Post
awacs - If you say the red light keeps flashing then properly charge the battery and re-bind the plane to the transmitter. See if that solves your problem.
Thank you, I will try it, because I charged it once and it was still doing so I will try some discharge cycles.
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:06 PM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
I have finally got round to ordering one of these, as a present to myself for getting a degree it arrives tomorrow, ill have a play with it before i start re-painting it. How have you guys removed the paint from this foam? and what kind of paint have you been using to paint it with?

My plan is to paint it in a night fighter camouflage scheme but id prefer to remove the paint and start again instead of building on top of it...
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:46 PM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
217 Posts
battery charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin finn View Post
hi where can i get the adapter to charge my stock battery for this charger
great thank-you
kevin finn is online now Find More Posts by kevin finn
Old Jun 22, 2011, 01:13 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
611 Posts
Lberry

Read somewhere that Horizon recommends following touch-up paint....so you could use different colors for the effect you want: Testors: TES1732, TES1786 green is a little lighter than stock; light gray is way off

Horizon "How to" section in the website shows how to "weather" the existing paint scheme. Will try to find it and get a link

Edit: Here is the link http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=2270
allelectrik is online now Find More Posts by allelectrik
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:23 AM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
thanks dude! Really helpful!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:08 AM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Well i took delivery of mine 10 mins ago- looks fantastic and iv got a box with handles (not that a cared either way) Motors start up smoothly and in time, both shut down and spin together. Too windy fora flight test atm though!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:01 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,908 Posts
I feel SO much better after my Mk I box upgrade.
DavidN is online now Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:44 PM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
My joy of having a fully working mossie was short lived - my port aileron servo was sticking at full throw, quickly opened up the nacelle and manually rotated the gear through 360 degrees and applied a drop of lubricant - seems to have done the job. As it was happening at 100% throw, if it happens again ill just reduce the travel to 95% but for now its always nice to know everything works ok!

Still too windy!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:59 AM
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
So it's another day of high winds and its given me a chance on my lunch break to ogle at the Mossie - here are my ground based first impressions:
  • The quality of the build is the first thing, the foam is much smoother than the P51 that I Have next to it, the foam pellets are much less visible on the Mosquito compared to earlier UMs
  • Parkzone have listened to us! The elevator is reinforced with the CF rod (found on the T-28 but also at the control horn. They have added a metal reinforcement piece to ensure (like on my P51) the thin piece of foam between the two sides of the elevator doesn't tare.
  • Nice tail wheel mechanism - they haven't been lazy and placed it under the rudder (like the P51) they have put it in its scale location.
  • A clear canopy, no more silver spray paint, but a proper clear canopy seeing through to two foam seats.
  • 3 bladed prop, adds an extra realism, especially with the yellow tips.
  • Enclosed battery compartment - obvious really :P no need to fabricate strips of foam to protect batteries in the cold. Also provides a much more scale appearance. (And the machine guns )

Obviously it can't all be positive... It would have been nice to see the clear canopy treatment for the nose of the plane, but then we would just be complaining that we can see into the battery compartment.

I had to remove one of the nacelles to lube the servo, but this is nothing major. If you have just bought a BNF aircraft then its likely that you have had some experience before of at least fixing another plane. The procedure of removal is relatively pain free (apart from annoyingly having to remove the exhausts, but it's no biggie) and the joint is no where near as visible as on the other UMs so it doesn't detract from the looks.

Oh and the machine guns don't work

All in all a very positive impression. I get the impression that HH are improving their UM's as they evolve. How easy it would have been for them to bung the tail wheel on the rudder, or not add the metal reinforcement, clear canopy or use 2 bladed props. Or even supply with just 3 channels (bank and yank) or with 1 aileron servo. Am I the only one who think's we are getting better value for money as these evolve. Look at the T-28 with its steerable nose wheel for instance. I know they are all small additions but they all add up to a more satisfied customer.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:04 AM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
All in all a very positive impression. I get the impression that HH are improving their UM's as they evolve. How easy it would have been for them to bung the tail wheel on the rudder, or not add the metal reinforcement, clear canopy or use 2 bladed props. Or even supply with just 3 channels (bank and yank) or with 1 aileron servo. Am I the only one who think's we are getting better value for money as these evolve. Look at the T-28 with its steerable nose wheel for instance. I know they are all small additions but they all add up to a more satisfied customer.[/QUOTE]

I agree! All you have to do is look at the evolution of detailing & finish from the UM P51 & T-28 to the Mossie. And its especially evident in the UM Corsair with the clear canopy, detailed cylinders in the cowl, the detail in the vertical stabilizer and molding of it's complex wing. I am still amazed at the
performance and detail of these little planes for around 100 bucks! Its all good
F18 is offline Find More Posts by F18
Last edited by F18; Jun 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM.