HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:55 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake11 View Post
I was told that the Mosquito was re-issued. Anyone know what changes were made? Did they have a production issue with the original that was changed? Sure would be good to know.
Re-issued??

Very interesting.

Certainly could be the case.
Look at that 'Due Late August, 2011' Item coming soon date.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=PKZU1380

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:21 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,904 Posts
Quote:
I was told that the Mosquito was re-issued. Anyone know what changes were made? Did they have a production issue with the original that was changed? Sure would be good to know.
It's the box!
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:55 PM
United States, GA, Grayson
Joined Mar 2008
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
It's the box!
Speaking of the box, why did Parkzone leave the handle off this one? I love the handle on the other UM boxes.
tripleup05 is offline Find More Posts by tripleup05
Old Jun 19, 2011, 02:28 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
I got the first one my LHS had - the box has no handle The one I saw in there on Friday did have. Some sort of supplier miscommunication I imagine....
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Jun 19, 2011, 02:36 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
498 Posts
I'll have to break into my LHS tonight and swapout boxes.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Jun 19, 2011, 05:37 PM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
The box was discussed in great detail earlier in the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
I apologize profusely about the box! This was an Easter egg from the factory. By the time we discovered it, it was too late to change for these early shipments. We'll get it back to normal later in the year, but it's going to take a while to work through the current inventory.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:11 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,488 Posts
Yeah, I've been waiting for the box... Sadly though, I want the Stryker and the Sbach first, but it will be on my list eventually.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jun 19, 2011, 09:32 PM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
Houston, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2004
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmac737 View Post
I'll have to break into my LHS tonight and swapout boxes.
Good luck with THAT! Better yet..

Fashion yourself a carry-handle, since Parkzone isn't shipping out the missing carry-handles or rectifying this rediculous situation in any way, other than with an appology.
rc crashburn is offline Find More Posts by rc crashburn
Old Jun 19, 2011, 09:42 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
498 Posts
It's not just missing a handle it a totally different box design. I don't travel with my mossy enough to miss the handle. It's just inconvenient when I need twice the table space to open up the box. I now find myself leaving the inner foam out of the cardboard box. I'm getting way to lazy in my old age.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Jun 19, 2011, 09:56 PM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Sep 2010
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmac737 View Post
It's not just missing a handle it a totally different box design. I don't travel with my mossy enough to miss the handle. It's just inconvenient when I need twice the table space to open up the box. I now find myself leaving the inner foam out of the cardboard box. I'm getting way to lazy in my old age.
Make your box into a flip top, it is quite easy. Just cut a lip about one inch from the top around 3 sides. As you approach the hinge, turn the cut diagonal (I like 45 degrees) toward the crease of the box.

I did this to my Mosquito and Ember 2 box and it is fantastic. Just be sure to do it on the front, if you care about that sort of stuff. I meant to, but some how still managed to cut my top into the bottom. The only impact is aesthetic, fortunately.
fryfrog is offline Find More Posts by fryfrog
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:27 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,200 Posts
It can't be just the box, can it? Seriously?

Maybe they finally addressed the "bad" right motor port on the esc or something...

One thing is for sure, I for one will no longer be an early owner of a new HZ product.
BlazingStar is online now Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:05 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,031 Posts
I have one of the first batch out and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I also know two others who got one the same day I did and they have not had any problems either -- except the box that is.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:16 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
I wish they'd come out with a glass nosed version. The guns lasted until the second landing, when the tight landing gear resulted in a nose over.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:23 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,488 Posts
Quote:
Could simply be the fact that the original batch has been depleted. From that point, it's a simple marketing decision. If they sold the first batch fast enough, the "re-issue" another batch. Since that's the case, it does look like they are happy with the sales. So, since Dave already confirmed that the original box with no handles or top loading was a simple mistake, you can bet that the next batch will have the right box. Only other change I would see happening is something to move the C.G. a bit. They do like to correct this type of things. Motor wise, I don't think they will do anything.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:10 AM
Joined Aug 2010
305 Posts
Hello again,
I still canīt get my Mossie working. Someone told me that it could be by range of signal. Could somehow the crash affect the signal range? Or it can be somehow battery?
Thank you, I am desperate, because I have no idea, what it can be
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE