HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2011, 04:12 PM
Joined Aug 2010
305 Posts
Fantastic plane after week of flying

Hope, my won´t have airleons servo problems and stay at one rudder stuck ( crossed fingers )
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:14 PM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
334 Posts
This is mine, I put some velcros on the box to stick all the lipos I have (5 in total and box only haves 3 holes), also put some velcros on the big square foam that covers the canopy for safe traveling

and had to put an improved box handle (not like the P-51 box that has handle and easy opening)

Damage a bit the tail but with foam safe glue got it fixed.
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:23 PM
F18
United States, MA, Onset
Joined Apr 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters View Post
Maybe the servos just won't stay still at neutral but when you move to a different spot, it settles down. I was thinking of cleaning mine. (I have one like this on the elevator - no cross-talk from other wires here and this happens with no throttle.)
I was thinking about what you said and I just took a break and was tinkering with the plane again. The stock 25OmAh battery that came with the Mossie needed charging so I just so happened to plug in a 160 mAh to do some static testing. The plane works PERFECT with the 160 MAh battery with NO Aileron servo movement at low rpm.
When I plug the 250 mAh back in I get the erratic aileron servo movement again at low rpm.

How is that possible? Could a "funky" battery have caused this problem?

I need to buy a new 250 mAh battery and test it again.
F18 is offline Find More Posts by F18
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:45 PM
UK, Hereford and Worcester, Worcester
Joined Feb 2009
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Ideally, it would be better to untwist both set of wires, and then twist them together
Actually doing that is likely to make things worse by coupling the signals in the wires together. Far better to twist each set of wires separately - noting that on mine at least the servo wires are twisted, but the motor wires aren't significantly.
aracer is offline Find More Posts by aracer
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:23 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
fryfrog,
Running a brushed motor in a glass of water powered by a D cell or 2 is a technique we used back in the dark ages. No prop, just the motor on low voltage. This allowed the brushes to bed in without overheating and made the motors performance more consistent. When finished blow out the water, dry the motor and lube the bearings.
Gary
I like to find out how you lube the bearings on this tiny motor or does it have bushings?
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:38 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,965 Posts
Quote:
I like to find out how you lube the bearings on this tiny motor or does it have bushings?
Not sure if you can do this on these micro motors, maybe but I have never tried. The technique I posted about was for larger brushed motors like we had to use before brushless motors came along...
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:43 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
Not sure if you can do this on these micro motors, maybe but I have never tried. The technique I posted about was for larger brushed motors like we had to use before brushless motors came along...
Gary
Gary,

I did realize which size Brushed motors you were referring and again my question is pretty to the point of even bothering with these tiny motors to dump them in water to "Break em in" as someone posted earlier.

I don't think you can re-lube this tiny motor after you submerge it under water and if so, I would love to see some more details.

I think that this Tiny Brushed motor has such a small area on it's brush -to- commutator that it is just not worth doing any "Break in" procedure.

PS
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:07 PM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
Test flew mine. Bloody twitchy!
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:36 PM
Our main weapon is surprise...
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
2,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Spitfire View Post
What was the wind like ??
Rowdy_b64 is offline Find More Posts by Rowdy_b64
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:29 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,157 Posts
Quote:
If there was any wind, try it again with zero wind. It flies great with no wind!
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:33 PM
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
No wind what so ever, I think it was just thermals, as I fly on a hot day usually.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:25 AM
Our main weapon is surprise...
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
2,927 Posts
Quote:
No wind what so ever, I think it was just thermals, as I fly on a hot day usually.
Thermals ... man .. how high did you have it?
Rowdy_b64 is offline Find More Posts by Rowdy_b64
Old Mar 25, 2011, 01:29 AM
keep on spinning!
Fort Lauderdale,Florida USA
Joined May 2010
131 Posts
Thursday afters fun..

[Youtube]
My short preflight of mosquito,champ, T-28 UM united against a common front! (1 min 15 sec)
[Youtube]
N212LA is offline Find More Posts by N212LA
Old Mar 25, 2011, 03:44 AM
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
Gave the mossie a second flight. This time I added nose weight. That did it, and she flies like a dream now! Going to fly it with a banner tomorrow, as it is election day for the state.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:21 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
602 Posts
I have had no problems with my Mosquito! Followed the manual as far as control throws and added expo. I also have some Hyperion 240s and find these batteries very good. I have also flown my Mossie indoors and was very pleased to find that it slows down nicely, in fact I can get it to fly slower than my Parkzone J3 Cub !
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Last edited by huntingfield; Mar 25, 2011 at 11:01 AM.