HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2011, 04:25 PM
Champaign. Illinois
Joined Jun 2003
750 Posts
Friz,

Because of the fuselage to prop clearance, a 2 blade prop will not fit. The 3 blades clear the fuselage by 6mm or about 1/4 inch.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone
Horizon Hobby
Mattfly is offline Find More Posts by Mattfly
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2011, 04:28 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Thanks Matt. Cool, it has L servos... so its an AR6400LT
My thanks as well, Matt. It's really helpful to have someone from the source like you monitoring these threads to dispel rumors, add clarity, and provide "needed" tech info, among other things!!

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Feb 04, 2011, 04:54 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,733 Posts
Shawn,
Those History Channel vids...got me close to making an order. I'm not a Mossie nut, else I would. I hope this plane sells well so that we can get more multi-engines...like Bf110, Ju88, B25, etc...
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Feb 04, 2011, 05:21 PM
Joined Mar 2008
510 Posts
Spitfire Flypast - or is it a Focker? (0 min 31 sec)
WOW!!!! how many years have we been waiting for some counter rotating micro props for our 8mm brshed motors! and then parkzone put them in in a micro Mosquito, a british aircraft how brave of parkzone to do that!!! As only a british man can say (tally ho ! lets ride this pup back and home with out the hun hitting me some 10mm flac and blowing my left leg off)
Oh! by the way the Mosies were powerd by 2xRolls-Royce Merlin 27 liter v12s.
And if you have never had the pleasure of a spit or a mustang fly past with a screeming 27 liter v12 check this youtube vid out and x by 2....
me mee meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Feb 04, 2011, 05:58 PM
VA
Joined Feb 2009
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post
Friz,

Because of the fuselage to prop clearance, a 2 blade prop will not fit. The 3 blades clear the fuselage by 6mm or about 1/4 inch.

Matt Andren
Parkzone/Hobbyzone
Horizon Hobby
Thanks how do they(corsair and mosquito) fly are they similar in flight characteristics to the t 28.
P.S. i love the two new micros their both beautiful
friz is offline Find More Posts by friz
Old Feb 04, 2011, 07:10 PM
One of the usual suspects
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2007
1,470 Posts
As long as we're showing neat Mosquito Videos:
De Haviland Mosquitos and Supermarine Spitfires 2006-merlins (0 min 36 sec)
Vicarious is online now Find More Posts by Vicarious
Old Feb 04, 2011, 07:18 PM
Joined Nov 2004
857 Posts
Unt now, zee Chermans....

Messerschmitt Bf-109E - Original - Flying in 2010 (HD) (1 min 7 sec)

The DB has the edge in cool supercharger whine, in my view, while the Merlin is the most heart-wrenching engine sound in history.
ho50ca is offline Find More Posts by ho50ca
Old Feb 04, 2011, 07:25 PM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,376 Posts
promo vid on YT to add to the vid's

ParkZone UM Mosquito (1 min 6 sec)
DiabloKid is offline Find More Posts by DiabloKid
Old Feb 04, 2011, 07:30 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,461 Posts
Matt, thanks for the hard work in getting the little Mosquito out to us rabid uM fans...

I love it and will get one, but do ahve a few questions and minor nitpicks about it.

I understand the need for a larger vertical tail one tiny scale models, but I was wondering if you actually flight tested it with a more scale vertical tail?

I have to say the colors it is painted are not the most attractive and accurate that I have seen...you guys have set the bar so high on other uM models like the T-28 that this one does seem to have a bit of a shortfall in the scale camo paint scheme. It appears that the upper gray is a bit too light and the green is too bright and needs a touch of gray in it.

My only other small nitpick is the cockpit and canopy...really needs a different color in the cockpit and a bit of interior detail if you are going to have a transparent canopy.

Please consider these as very minor nitpicks.....none of which will affect how the model flies and performs!

However, it will be fun to customize it and have one that looks even more scale!

BTW, it looks like the model is very, very close to 1/32 scale, which means one could use aftermarket plastic model decals sheets for the Revell 1/32 scale Mosquito for a different scheme, if desired:

http://decals.kitreview.com/decals/l...reviewsp_1.htm
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Feb 04, 2011, 08:54 PM
United States, MI, Marquette
Joined Dec 2010
208 Posts
This is very exciting. That and just 3 weeks ago me and a fellow club member were talking about how fun a twin UM would be. Deffinately a must have "furiously digs under couch cushions for change"
Taget is offline Find More Posts by Taget
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CNC Machine update.
Old Feb 04, 2011, 09:57 PM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taget View Post
This is very exciting. That and just 3 weeks ago me and a fellow club member were talking about how fun a twin UM would be. Deffinately a must have "furiously digs under couch cushions for change"
Finally found a positive thing about an ex gf i had, she bought me a powerkite, really expensive thing, i used it a few times but have now found its best use: Selling it to pay for the mozzy!
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Feb 04, 2011, 10:55 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
I have to have one of these
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 05, 2011, 01:14 AM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
I am putting this on hold. I want the corsair as it is scale as he'll, and I have 1/30 decals for it. I could make 1/31 for the mossie, but if I don't have one, what's the use?
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old Feb 05, 2011, 01:17 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lberry.88 View Post
It would be cool - but i think the price may be stiffling. For the UK we are going to be paying close to 100 o this baby, a B17 - with 4 motors, meaning 4 escs, we could end up paying 150 (>$200) for an ultra micro. I'm not sure many people could justify that kind of price. Still want one though

Have the Mosquito on pre-order.
Where from mate ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Feb 05, 2011, 02:48 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Matt, thanks for the hard work in getting the little Mosquito out to us rabid uM fans...

I love it and will get one, but do ahve a few questions and minor nitpicks about it.

I understand the need for a larger vertical tail one tiny scale models, but I was wondering if you actually flight tested it with a more scale vertical tail?

I have to say the colors it is painted are not the most attractive and accurate that I have seen...you guys have set the bar so high on other uM models like the T-28 that this one does seem to have a bit of a shortfall in the scale camo paint scheme. It appears that the upper gray is a bit too light and the green is too bright and needs a touch of gray in it.

My only other small nitpick is the cockpit and canopy...really needs a different color in the cockpit and a bit of interior detail if you are going to have a transparent canopy.

Please consider these as very minor nitpicks.....none of which will affect how the model flies and performs!

However, it will be fun to customize it and have one that looks even more scale!

BTW, it looks like the model is very, very close to 1/32 scale, which means one could use aftermarket plastic model decals sheets for the Revell 1/32 scale Mosquito for a different scheme, if desired:

http://decals.kitreview.com/decals/l...reviewsp_1.htm

Spotted that as well but for me that is not a big deal at all...in this size a re-paint is quickly done. The cockpit will get painted and two surplus 1/32 pilots from my scrap box will be installed (heads only?) The original decal sheet is listed at around 3$...and re-placement decals from the scale model scene can be used as well. In addition one could...maybe..use even that set:

http://www.relishmodels.co.uk/parago...onversion.html

A bit over the top for a UM RC plane but it should be doable...

In the end it could look like that one...vintage 1972 Revell bird beefed up a bit!

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...Dzurek/00.shtm

For further inspiration on possible paint scenes look here...scroll down to Mosquito!

http://hyperscale.com/index_air_de.htm

I am looking forward to this little plane...should be a lot of fun both in the air and on the work bench!

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de