HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2011, 09:28 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerm View Post
I have all the UMs that they ever came out with and will get these as well.
The only disappointment was the micro Cessna with it's brown out issues.

It really cracks me up how everybody gets excited when a new release is announced and then a month after they have it all the negative features are talked about taking away all the excitement.

Maybe one day one will be made that is flawless...not likely though.
It's also funny that the one plane that was pretty much flawless out of the box, the Champ, had no hype, no six month waits and no one even wanted it (they all wanted Cubs)... it just showed up and word of mouth from people that bought it made it a winner for HH.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2011, 09:45 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
B17 would be awesome
It would be cool - but i think the price may be stiffling. For the UK we are going to be paying close to 100 o this baby, a B17 - with 4 motors, meaning 4 escs, we could end up paying 150 (>$200) for an ultra micro. I'm not sure many people could justify that kind of price. Still want one though

Have the Mosquito on pre-order.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Feb 04, 2011, 09:55 AM
Airplane Killer
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,710 Posts
They usually show up at my LHS, pretty close to the same time as they ship from Horizon. When it does, you can be sure I'll be hotfooting it right over for one!
SumthinsFishy is offline Find More Posts by SumthinsFishy
Old Feb 04, 2011, 10:33 AM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
It's also funny that the one plane that was pretty much flawless out of the box, the Champ, had no hype, no six month waits and no one even wanted it (they all wanted Cubs)... it just showed up and word of mouth from people that bought it made it a winner for HH.
You are absolutely right. I heard about the Champ by accident. I did not really want another 3 channel but bought it because of the price and it looked so neat as well being larger than some of the others. I never had a problem with it and it flys great stock.
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Feb 04, 2011, 11:25 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
B-17???? Would definitively have an interesting carrying box to come with it if they respect the 1/30 scale a bit!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Last edited by RealGambler; Feb 04, 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:02 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
958 Posts
My carry boxes have not yet reached critical mass.
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:09 PM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
687 Posts
Thanks for the replies, guys.

My original plan for a 'next plane' was an ultra micro T-28 - then the dang Mosquito was announced...

Since I don't have an unlimited 'toy fund', it's probably more prudent for me to get something I'll actually be able to fly. A buddy let my try his T-28 in the gym a couple of weeks ago and that worked out OK.

Maybe I'll think about the Mosquito when the outdoor flying season starts...

Don
Digital Don is online now Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:19 PM
7.62x51
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
699 Posts
Preordered mine! Also have a Carbon Z yak on the way along with a H-9 Mustang! WOOT!
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:31 PM
Still AWD, Subaru
St.Louis
Joined Nov 2006
884 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI7eqTjMmxc
ShawnM4kq is offline Find More Posts by ShawnM4kq
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:50 PM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Great video! So what is next then...

....a Hangar-9 Mosquito made of wood following the historical construction methods? I am thinking 2,80 ws...

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:54 PM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
That's what I'm sayin! The only thIng better than the mossy would be a B-25!!!
Patriotic to the 'nth degree eh? Credit due, but the Mosquito is such an elegant, nimble, innovative and fast plane compared to the B-25. One's an Epee, the other a lump hammer and I'll leave you to work out which is which!
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Feb 04, 2011, 02:12 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
A B-25 would be cool. Since PKZ has done a lot of North America Aviation designs (Mustang, T-28, Etc) there might not be the licensing hassles of a P-38.
Old Feb 04, 2011, 02:16 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing View Post
Patriotic to the 'nth degree eh? Credit due, but the Mosquito is such an elegant, nimble, innovative and fast plane compared to the B-25. One's an Epee, the other a lump hammer and I'll leave you to work out which is which!
The Mossie really isn't a medium Bomber. Comparing the B-25 to a Mosquito is apples to oranges.

Did a Mosquito ever take off of an Aircraft Carrier? Did A Mosquito ever carry a 75mm cannon to sink ships with?
Old Feb 04, 2011, 02:24 PM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
The Mossie really isn't a medium Bomber. Comparing the B-25 to a Mosquito is apples to oranges.

Did a Mosquito ever take off of an Aircraft Carrier? Did A Mosquito ever carry a 75mm cannon to sink ships with?
Even better, it also landed back on the ships...

http://www.navynews.co.uk/aircraft/mosquito.asp#

Have to check on the cannon but wouldn't be surprised if it carried that as well!

cheers
Uwe
Old Feb 04, 2011, 02:29 PM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
...6 pounder cannon in the belly at 8:00 minutes...and aircraft carrier scenes a while later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYor7...eature=related

cheers
Uwe
Last edited by anj4de; Feb 04, 2011 at 02:34 PM.