HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:19 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,808 Posts
I just flew mine with the Eflite 1s 500mah lipo and it fits perfect with adapter and all sure flies for a long time
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:26 PM
Surrey, UK
Joined Mar 2003
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Correct but then the question is what is the proper life of these tiny motors? I have heard some having very short lives where others like yourself having a good lifespan.
Dunno, but if you give me the time-to-failure of a dozen examples I'd be happy to calculate a weibul characteristic life value for you...

My P51 motor is showing no signs of wear despite a lot of use - should I be returning it as faulty?

PDR
Peter D Rieden is offline Find More Posts by Peter D Rieden
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:38 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,667 Posts
Great series, and really makes me anxious to get my Mossie. LHS told me yesterday there was a FED EX mess up and they won't be getting them here till Tues or Wed, so looks like Thursday or so before I get to try this baby out!

Thanks for posting the link Chuck, just watched the series AGAIN. Great stuff.

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Dec 2009
10 Posts
Aileron twitch

I have been noticing on my Mosquito that there is a slight twitch of the ailerons when you power up from a dead stop. I took it into the hobby shop yesterday and we rebound it and thought we had it fixed but today it is back. I thought i would see if anybody had an idea of what the deal is.
Thanks,
-Max
wyoflyboy is offline Find More Posts by wyoflyboy
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:51 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
I had mine out of the box and in the air in about 15 mins, thats what I call RTF

I figure in a month or two someone will have figured out a way of installing retracts.
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:58 PM
Florida
Joined Feb 2009
293 Posts
how does the speed with the mosquito compare with the micro t-28?
jcs06h is offline Find More Posts by jcs06h
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:13 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,925 Posts
Have other folks who pre-ordered the Mosquito from HobbyZone received theirs? Trying to figure out what's up (I emailed twice last week but haven't heard back) . . .
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:19 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs06h View Post
how does the speed with the mosquito compare with the micro t-28?
With the stock battery its a little faster than the T-28 with its stock battery
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:28 PM
Dallas Texas
Joined Dec 2010
103 Posts
I just bought a Mossie. She looks better in person than on the web pics. Have not been able to fly her due to wind, but did q/c and the left aileron servo isn't working, so HH tech is sending a new replacement. Everything else appears fine. I will use as belly lander so my next comment isnt big issue for me, but noticed the left wheel is hard to turn as people are reporting. The twin engine sounds really nice. Cant wait to do some low flybys.

btw anyone doing belly landings have report on how the 3 blade props hold up?
foxtrot70 is offline Find More Posts by foxtrot70
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:34 PM
Joined Nov 2009
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho50ca View Post
You mean the Man from U.N.C.L.E, David Mcallum? oops, I guess I just dated myself there....
Yes, David McAllum, and I knew that but I wasn't trying to date myself either..
Paribatra is offline Find More Posts by Paribatra
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:39 PM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
665 Posts
Hi! I just rechecked my wheels. They were free and true when I first checked them. Today I checked again and sure enough the left wheel was not free running. I removed it from the plane and it was free. Reinstalled it and it was tight again. the axle is getting pressure from the top where it fits into the wing.
The fix was to put it in and take it out 1/2 dozen times and it became free and stayed free. Worked for me.
Mine was free out of the box the first time so there is something happening with just handling the mosquito without flying it.

JCS
miatamama is offline Find More Posts by miatamama
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:56 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
for all that i see, these motors are designed basically for other use, like pagers, where they run momentarily, but when used wot all the time they have to wear out way faster.
i don't know if it's fair to blame hh for failures when used this way.
but then, i have been using them for sport flying, and as i heard all these comments, have been buying several kinds and testing and flying and so far, i have not had any failures, perhaps because rarely i go beyond 50%, and that just momentarily (and check for signals like the sound made when proper gear meshing).
maybe we are asking too much from these poor things.
just a thought.
It's kinda hard not going over 50% throttle with the sukhoi xp. 1/3 throttle is for cruising, 1/2 throttle for loops and full throttle for vertical runs. I'm still on the fence for the mossy. If the motors die within 5 hours of run time, then that would be an expensive airplane to maintain. Already one user has reported that one of his motors have died.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:01 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee View Post
Have other folks who pre-ordered the Mosquito from HobbyZone received theirs? Trying to figure out what's up (I emailed twice last week but haven't heard back) . . .
Got mine this past thursday....

I'd call them
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:29 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
Chances are better the next twin will be either something like the A-26, P-61, or my personal best guess: a micro twin otter. In my dream world, a quad like the B-17 exists as well. (pretty pretty pretty please horizon?)
B-26 would be AWESOME!
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:52 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
If the motors die within 5 hours of run time, then that would be an expensive airplane to maintain. Already one user has reported that one of his motors have died.
At 6min a flight that's 50 flights. I don't think that is too bad for theese dinky little motors
DavidN is online now Find More Posts by DavidN