SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2011, 07:25 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,052 Posts
I like Parkzone because I don't have to fool with stuff (usually).

I flew my T-28 bone stock for a year or so. Finally the plastic motor gave up the ghost and I stuck a new ESC and Power-10 in it. But I didn't have to. Flew my Corsair stock for a while. My P-47 is stock(with the Extra prop). And the micros are all stock except the Citabra which I put a DSM2 board in so I could use my good radio.

Anyway.. Thanks Dave.. The Mosquito is another winner.

-Jay
CyberJay is offline Find More Posts by CyberJay
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2011, 07:39 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE View Post
I wonder about stock batteries, how long they can last? And they are 1C batteries right?
All lipo's don't like to be run down low. As soon as you think there is a decrease in power or you hit the LVC you should land. I set a timer and land before either of those happen.

The stock batteries should last a long time if you take care of them. I don't know what the charge C rating is on them, but the manual said they should be charged at .7 amps.
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:30 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
2S will be a no-go on this board...and our 2-bladed props won't clear the nose. Really, we put a lot of effort into getting the power system right on this one. Not saying we're perfect, but I'll be surprised if you can find a better setup without a LOT of work and experimentation.
As usual, it's great to see somebody from HH checking the forums! Good job Dave. Heck, it's saturday night! Hope your boss recognize your hard work!

Thanks
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Mar 05, 2011, 09:21 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
2S will be a no-go on this board...and our 2-bladed props won't clear the nose. Really, we put a lot of effort into getting the power system right on this one. Not saying we're perfect, but I'll be surprised if you can find a better setup without a LOT of work and experimentation.
Hey dave, did HH solve the dying mustang motors problem? I went through 5 motors with the sukhoi xp, each with around 5 hours or less of flight time. I am using a 5043 prop, and hyperion batteries.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Mar 05, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I finally got to fly 2 packs total today until it got too windy....let me tell you this plane absolutely rocks! Faster roll rates than my t-28 micro and holds inverted way better...I tried to land softly with some accel, but it flopped over no damage. I did notice a little stress line on the end of the wing I will have to reinforce with tape. I had maybe 2 clicks trim left ail trim 20 expo ail. This guy likes to climb, but not at all unmanageable. The sound the twins make is just plain sweet. I had 6.30 min hyperion 240 no lvc.....I. bet it could go to 7. Did not try stock battery. 2 thumbs up!
Where was the stress line crack - at the fuse or out on the tip. The one that I saw get bunged up a bit last week at our indoor fly had a crack right at the fuselage and I wondered if this was a point that should have some tape right off the bat. So far I have not had an incident with mine so no marks or cracks so far, but if I thought this was the spot, I would tape it now. I agree with your comparison to the t28, the mossie is actually more stable and just as easy to fly, but more aerobatic it seems - just what I was hoping for.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Last edited by bobly; Mar 05, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:26 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
381 Posts
I think I am going to pick one of these up while I am waiting for the Blade Mcpx miro heli to get here in the U.S. Just to cool of a bird to pass on!
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
Last edited by M3_matt; Mar 05, 2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Removed video link
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:09 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Where was the stress line crack - at the fuse or out on the tip. The one that I saw get bunged up a bit last week at our indoor fly had a crack right at the fuselage and I wondered if this was a point that should have some tape right off the bat. So far I have not had an incident with mine so no marks or cracks so far, but if I thought this was the spot, I would tape it now. I agree with your comparison to the t28, the mossie is actually more stable and just as easy to fly, but more aerobatic it seems - just what I was hoping for.
Just a little one under the right wingtip. I put a little formula 560 on it and will be stronger than before. It is really hard to notice. Even with added tape, the stress line went underneath. This plane will be my favorite for sure. The sound alone makes me smile
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:20 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
797 Posts
Seen it once before, once was enough. Not a pretty video. At all. RIP airframe and those pilots.
represent is online now Find More Posts by represent
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:28 PM
Warbird Flyer
North New Jersey
Joined Dec 2009
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_matt View Post
I think I am going to pick one of these up while I am waiting for the Blade Mcpx miro heli to get here in the U.S. Just to cool of a bird to pass on!
I don't know if this has been posted before, but here is a video of the crash of the last flying Mosquito at an airshow a few yrs back! I did some research, and I guess their are a couple currently being restored for flight. Looks like a pretty rare bird these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag5ut...eature=related
Yeah, a few of us mentioned this video a while back in this thread, but decided not to post it. It is easy enough to find with a simple search, and it is just so heartbreaking to watch.

Joe
JoeS475 is offline Find More Posts by JoeS475
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:50 PM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,290 Posts
Looks like they lost rudder halfway through the roll. Was a cause ever given?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeS475 View Post
Yeah, a few of us mentioned this video a while back in this thread, but decided not to post it. It is easy enough to find with a simple search, and it is just so heartbreaking to watch.

Joe
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:29 AM
Surrey, UK
Joined Mar 2003
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMO View Post
Looks like they lost rudder halfway through the roll. Was a cause ever given?
Nothing to do with rudder (rudder shouldn't be used on a Mossie in such manoeuvers anyway; it's a handling restriction that's warned about in the pilot's notes) - it was caused by an asymetric power failure due to mis-serviced carburrestors.

Full AAIB report is HERE.

PDR
Peter D Rieden is offline Find More Posts by Peter D Rieden
Last edited by Peter D Rieden; Mar 06, 2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Bumbling incompetence and ineptitude
Old Mar 06, 2011, 09:07 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,898 Posts
life expectancy of motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Hey dave, did HH solve the dying mustang motors problem? I went through 5 motors with the sukhoi xp, each with around 5 hours or less of flight time. I am using a 5043 prop, and hyperion batteries.
for all that i see, these motors are designed basically for other use, like pagers, where they run momentarily, but when used wot all the time they have to wear out way faster.
i don't know if it's fair to blame hh for failures when used this way.
but then, i have been using them for sport flying, and as i heard all these comments, have been buying several kinds and testing and flying and so far, i have not had any failures, perhaps because rarely i go beyond 50%, and that just momentarily (and check for signals like the sound made when proper gear meshing).
maybe we are asking too much from these poor things.
just a thought.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Mar 06, 2011, 09:24 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
While I am annoyed with the failing motors I keep buying these fantastic planes due to the fun factor and their value. However, a failure of a product is the responsibility of the manufacturer whether the product fails from parts made by them or a subcontractor. The case being Toyota, gas pedals made by subcontractors and a lack of quality control. Whether these little motors are designed for these planes is not the consumer's fault and therefore rest squarely on HH shoulders.

STILL LOVE THESE PLANES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
for all that i see, these motors are designed basically for other use, like pagers, where they run momentarily, but when used wot all the time they have to wear out way faster.
i don't know if it's fair to blame hh for failures when used this way.
but then, i have been using them for sport flying, and as i heard all these comments, have been buying several kinds and testing and flying and so far, i have not had any failures, perhaps because rarely i go beyond 50%, and that just momentarily (and check for signals like the sound made when proper gear meshing).
maybe we are asking too much from these poor things.
just a thought.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Mar 06, 2011, 09:40 AM
Surrey, UK
Joined Mar 2003
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
While I am annoyed with the failing motors I keep buying these fantastic planes due to the fun factor and their value. However, a failure of a product is the responsibility of the manufacturer whether the product fails from parts made by them or a subcontractor. The case being Toyota, gas pedals made by subcontractors and a lack of quality control. Whether these little motors are designed for these planes is not the consumer's fault and therefore rest squarely on HH shoulders.
...unless you take the view that the motors are either "lifed" or "consumable".

My Micro p51 must have a hundred flights on it and I haven't felt the need to change motors yet.

PDR
Peter D Rieden is offline Find More Posts by Peter D Rieden
Old Mar 06, 2011, 09:46 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Correct but then the question is what is the proper life of these tiny motors? I have heard some having very short lives where others like yourself having a good lifespan.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming of the Mossie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter D Rieden View Post
...unless you take the view that the motors are either "lifed" or "consumable".

My Micro p51 must have a hundred flights on it and I haven't felt the need to change motors yet.

PDR
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt