HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:00 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters View Post
Zippy's are cheap and light and only give about 3/4 of their claimed capacity. They are no good in the cold and will not recharge as many times as others but they are so inexpensive you can't but help getting a few anyway . In field testing in warm weather I have found the zippy 240 to be just about identical in weight and capacity to a hyperion 180.

I'm more interested in seeing how the 500mAh works in here - anyone fit one of these in there yet? So now we need a JST to mosquito adapter? (the heavier JST wires, connector and adapter will add a couple of grams of weight; better to convert the battery)
Im using the 500 and fits fine in there even with the JST Adapter
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:01 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
Still not to sure if ill get one of these though. Im more interested in getting the new mcp x first.
yep i too will get a mCPX but not till later in the year, my budget just can't handle it at the moment and although i love my heli's i also love my planes too the mCPX is going to be a real sweet heli, but knowing how a cp heli flys and crashes it is going to be a challenge thats for sure

then there's going to be so much more released this year one needs to sit back and access the situation and put everything into it's place,

man i have been waiting for a 52" Warbird from Horizon and the new E-Flite Hurricane looks awesome, then theres that other little problem, i need a new Transmitter, the DX8 is what i'm looking at, but that is out for me till late in the year when i'm satisfied the bugs are all fixed, don't feel like being a beta tester with my fleet yes i know lots have had no problems at all, i'm just one of those that doesn't want to be the 2% that do i'll wait!

gee this year is agian going to empty my wallet, i need another job

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:09 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
yep i too will get a mCPX but not till later in the year, my budget just can't handle it at the moment and although i love my heli's i also love my planes too the mCPX is going to be a real sweet heli, but knowing how a cp heli flys and crashes it is going to be a challenge thats for sure

then there's going to be so much more released this year one needs to sit back and access the situation and put everything into it's place,

man i have been waiting for a 52" Warbird from Horizon and the new E-Flite Hurricane looks awesome, then theres that other little problem, i need a new Transmitter, the DX8 is what i'm looking at, but that is out for me till late in the year when i'm satisfied the bugs are all fixed, don't feel like being a beta tester with my fleet yes i know lots have had no problems at all, i'm just one of those that doesn't want to be the 2% that do i'll wait!

gee this year is agian going to empty my wallet, i need another job

cheers chuck
yah nice chuck, yah i want to get a bigger plane. I have the hk mini swift and im loving it. I broke the prop on it a few days ago though. I have heard you can use a 5030 prop on it so im just waiting for my order to come in from HK now. I have a 3d hawk in there too, should be fun. I have the parts to get my rc boat going as well. So ill be right soon and i can get my fix. Oh i have a brushless fully modded second hand lost mini lst on the way to me in the post as well. So next week should be fun for me.

OH BTW chuck have a look at the comment i left for you on your unboxing video mate. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Your a top bloke chuck

Have you had a chance to fly this bad boy yet?
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:50 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,470 Posts
saw it Stal hahaha yes i am a big kid that just refuse's to to grow up

i hope i have helped a few out with what i film, i have fun doing it, at the moment i am working on a HK FPV160, i wanted to try something different for filming from the air, i am doing a build vid on this too, taking a little longer though as it's been a long while since i built a plane

so guys what do you think of the sound of those twin props a spinning, i thought the hum in my vid sounded like two finely tuned Merlin's, purring sweet in sync

cheers chuck

PS turn ya sound up when the prop test starts
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:21 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
saw it Stal hahaha yes i am a big kid that just refuse's to to grow up

i hope i have helped a few out with what i film, i have fun doing it, at the moment i am working on a HK FPV160, i wanted to try something different for filming from the air, i am doing a build vid on this too, taking a little longer though as it's been a long while since i built a plane

so guys what do you think of the sound of those twin props a spinning, i thought the hum in my vid sounded like two finely tuned Merlin's, purring sweet in sync

cheers chuck

PS turn ya sound up when the prop test starts
Chuck

I love your videos!

No worries!

Joe
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:35 PM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
nice unboxing earthling and chuck. Thanks guys.

Still not to sure if ill get one of these though. Im more interested in getting the new mcp x first.
I'm with you on that, I can't wait for the mcp x
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:54 PM
Warbird Flyer
North New Jersey
Joined Dec 2009
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
My Mossie had the fin decal on the right side missing, and the roundel/squadron letters were a bit crooked on the right side. I took it back, the next one they had was the same way! Did any of your Mosquitos have this problem?

Guess I'll just have to make up some custom markings...
Not sure about the crooked markings, but all the Mossies are missing the right side fin decal.

Joe
JoeS475 is offline Find More Posts by JoeS475
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:56 PM
Warbird Flyer
North New Jersey
Joined Dec 2009
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan View Post
I turned mine into a NF II.
VERY nice!!!

Maybe if you cut and bend some wire into a radar shape, you could substitute that for the guns...

Joe
JoeS475 is offline Find More Posts by JoeS475
Old Mar 04, 2011, 10:01 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling1984 View Post
I'm with you on that, I can't wait for the mcp x
we have them available here atm but im broke.

How about ill do you a deal. You paypal me the money and ill do an unboxing video and test fly and then ill send it to you in the USA.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Mar 04, 2011, 10:21 PM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,290 Posts
I just received some of the Mossie parts in my shop. The replacement decal set includes 2 fin flash decals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeS475 View Post
Not sure about the crooked markings, but all the Mossies are missing the right side fin decal.

Joe
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO
Old Mar 04, 2011, 10:33 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeS475 View Post
VERY nice!!!

Maybe if you cut and bend some wire into a radar shape, you could substitute that for the guns...

Joe
I'm thinking of using a T-pin to make it. Actually the radar antenna stuck out right between the 4 Browning .303s. ...And the 4x20mm were still down there too. Would still fit in the box no prob.
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:21 PM
Bakersfield, California
Joined Jan 2007
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan View Post
I'm thinking of using a T-pin to make it. Actually the radar antenna stuck out right between the 4 Browning .303s. ...And the 4x20mm were still down there too. Would still fit in the box no prob.
like this
maxwellmark is offline Find More Posts by maxwellmark
Last edited by maxwellmark; Mar 05, 2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: lost picture
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:28 AM
Joined Aug 2010
305 Posts
Now I clearly can say, that I hate European taxes!!!

Here in CZ, if I want to buy Mossie, I will pay 196 USD !!!!

Itīs a theft

Anyway, which hobbyking battery fit the Mossie, If I want to buy some extra power?
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:26 AM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE View Post
Now I clearly can say, that I hate European taxes!!!

Here in CZ, if I want to buy Mossie, I will pay 196 USD !!!!

Itīs a theft

Anyway, which hobbyking battery fit the Mossie, If I want to buy some extra power?
Ouch!

If you don't want to run the stock batteries or Hyperions, I would run two Turnigy nano-tech 160mah 1S 25~40C Lipo Pack's in parallel. Just get or make a parallel adapter. I have flown mine with two Hyperion 160's in parallel and it flies nice. I don't have any nano's yet because they are back order. The nano's I'm going to try in a MSR. I have also flown it with two Mini Avaition 180's and also flew nice. The Hyperions would be my first choice, 2nd-Mini Aviation, 3rd-stock 250 and then the nano's. There is a lot of battery comparisons on this tread along with the expertise. I would also fly it with a total of 240mAh or greater. The batteries just need to have the UM MICRO CONNECTOR.
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Last edited by skyjet; Mar 05, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined Aug 2010
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjet View Post
stock batteries
I wonder about stock batteries, how long they can last? And they are 1C batteries right?
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Last edited by awacsCZE; Mar 05, 2011 at 02:05 PM.