HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Mick Molloy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:50 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybastian View Post
Hi

Here at Riverton, we are on track. we have 3 pilots doing well in their training. the systems teams are just starting to decide on the components they will use and intergrate.

Would love to know the dates. It has been great flying weather down in SA, Hope not raining too much next week in Qld when I am up there.

thanks
Richard
If you want, you might want to contact Chris at DIYDrones. I think he'd be interested in sending ArduPilot Mega hardware to a team or two for the Outback Challenge!
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2011, 08:54 AM
Mueller College
Queensland, Australia
Joined Oct 2005
62 Posts
Queensland: beautiful one day, perfect the next...

...or so they say.

Flying today with the students; a tad windy you might say.

Name: redcliffeWind.jpg
Views: 120
Size: 51.8 KB
Description: Bayside @ Redcliffe 29km/hr

Of course, its never windy in Kingaroy...or is it!

Name: murocTigerMoths.jpg
Views: 119
Size: 63.0 KB
Description: MUROC TigerMoths @ Kingaroy 2010

and no storms!
anthonyATteamMUROC is offline Find More Posts by anthonyATteamMUROC
Last edited by anthonyATteamMUROC; Apr 11, 2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:41 PM
Bouldercombe, Central Queensalnd, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
161 Posts
A plea to the organisers.

When can we get our hands on the rules and requirements for the 2012 Search and Rescue.

I think it is a good move to give the entrants more time to prepare, but this will be undone if the rules are not released in a timely manner.

Thanks.
Mike
mboland is offline Find More Posts by mboland
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:45 PM
Joined Feb 2010
43 Posts
It is essential that the rules are issued ASAP as this will define the spec for the functionality of the vehicle which defines the sensing, I/O and processing requirements which define the mounting and power requirements which define the geometry and weight requirements which impact the design which impacts.................

Just lock in last years rules and get on with it!

Dr S
Dr Strangelove is offline Find More Posts by Dr Strangelove
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:06 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
Hey guys,
Just saying hello from Melbourne.
I'm 1 of 12 final year engineering students at monash preparing for the 2011 (I mean 2012 competition
We would also greatly appreciate getting the new rules out ASAP as we have made many decisions based on the old rules which could be problematic.
Lynchy is offline Find More Posts by Lynchy
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:26 AM
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,202 Posts
Guys I have been told that the web master has the rules and will be online next week..

Mick
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
Old Apr 22, 2011, 01:07 AM
Joined Mar 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Molloy View Post
Guys I have been told that the web master has the rules and will be online next week..

Mick
If my web master took upwards of 7 days to upload a single file, I would highly recommend looking into getting a new one.
Hoechstetter is offline Find More Posts by Hoechstetter
Old Apr 23, 2011, 07:00 AM
Mueller College
Queensland, Australia
Joined Oct 2005
62 Posts
UAV OBC Disorders
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UAV OBC Disorder(s) (UAVOBCD) are a group of anxiety disorders characterized by regular checking of the internet every 5 minutes for competition announcements or forum postings. People who suffer from this disease regularly have intrusive thoughts about a mythical place called, ‘Kingaroy’ that in turn produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry, by repetitive behaviors involving the left and/or right thumbs (mode 1/2 syndrome), by a strong craving for peanuts, or by a combination of such thoughts (obsessions) and behaviors (compulsions).

Symptoms may go beyond repetitive checking of the forum, to extensive spending of money at Hobbyking; preoccupation with all things GPS, and aversion to the 4 letters ‘C’,’A’,’S’, and ‘A’. An inability to make decisions such as whether to go electric or gas, or manual take-off compared to auto, can leave a person in a semi-catatonic state, incapable of even the most simplest of tasks such as mowing the lawn or taking the garbage out.

These symptoms can be alienating and time-consuming, and often cause severe emotional and financial distress. The acts of those who have UAVOBCD may appear paranoid and come across to others as psychotic. UABOBCD sufferers generally are incapable of recognizing that their thoughts and subsequent actions are irrational, and wonder why everyone else isn’t as interested in the activity as much as them.

There is no known cure although a UAVOBCD suffer’s UAV may itself become a victim of ‘unplanned terra-firma convergence syndrome’ and this can sometimes slow the onset of acute UAVOBCD.
anthonyATteamMUROC is offline Find More Posts by anthonyATteamMUROC
Last edited by anthonyATteamMUROC; Apr 23, 2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:16 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,184 Posts
I knew there was something wrong with me
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:44 PM
Sydney
Joined Jan 2010
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyATteamMUROC View Post
UABOBCD sufferers generally are incapable of recognizing that their thoughts and subsequent actions are irrational, and wonder why everyone else isn’t as interested in the activity as much as them.
Yep this is pretty much me.
Adam.A is offline Find More Posts by Adam.A
Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:34 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,184 Posts
Quote:

Mick
(From someone with OBCD)

I'm wearing my mouse out clicking refresh waiting for the rules!
Bilox is offline Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:17 AM
Bouldercombe, Central Queensalnd, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
161 Posts
Quote:

Mick
I just wanted to check on your definition of a week

I have to concur that a web master that takes this long after having the information needs replacing with some chimpanzees with type writers
mboland is offline Find More Posts by mboland
Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:00 PM
Joined Feb 2010
43 Posts
Quote:
Watch this space
Watching.....waiting.....
Dr Strangelove is offline Find More Posts by Dr Strangelove
Old Apr 29, 2011, 05:43 AM
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook