SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Mick Molloy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Anyone interested in multi rotor work?

Hi outback challenge contestants.
We are a startup firm looking for competent,keen and geographically mobile individuals with UAV ( preferably multirotor) experience to join our team.
Anyone interested please reply with a brief outline of your experience.
We are based in NSW but are likely to operate Australia wide.
Uni students or new grads looking for a career would be ideal.
Cheers,
Luke
Carinya is offline Find More Posts by Carinya
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined Dec 2010
28 Posts
Quote:
> A: ask away, am more than happy to answer when I can.
I have some questions!:
Will team/s be permitted to do any of the following:
* erect our own marquee and/or tent ( airside) ?
* erect our own marquee and/or tent (non-airside) ?
* bunk overnight onsite (sleeping bag/cam cot/etc) in either of the above. ( eg, leave one person onsite to ensure the safety of equipment)?
* leave vehicle/s at the airport overnight ( airside )?
* leave vehicle/s at the airport overnight ( non-airside )?
* use a vehicle air-side during the competition day/s ( for attaching antenna/s to in a portable manner )
davidbuzz is offline Find More Posts by davidbuzz
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:23 AM
OpenUAS
Amsterdam
Joined May 2009
68 Posts
davidbuzz, you asked "use a vehicle air-side during the competition day/s ( for attaching antenna/s to in a portable manner ) ", no clue, as long as you remember other teams can be flying while you set up your equipment. As long as antennas or vehicles are no a risk or blocking other team operations of safety of your own, I see more issues why it would NOT be allowed for all things you've asked before.

But don't count on sleeping, count on glueing and soldering at night
openuas is offline Find More Posts by openuas
Last edited by openuas; Sep 06, 2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:27 AM
OpenUAS
Amsterdam
Joined May 2009
68 Posts
Q: Are and details about insuranceform on the http://www.uavoutbackchallenge.com.au site to be found ?

I only stored the link from 2009 https://qutpay.qut.edu.au/CART/Produ...4-2009-02.aspx
Do we still need to pay the hefty $770?

Q: Will our worldwide valid insurance we already have be enough if we provide proof?

Notes:
Have not seen any form on main website about insurance. Since we have the dis-advantage of being in 8 hour difference timezone get a little tricky for us to provide on the 7th.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:48 AM
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,186 Posts
Kingaroy Accommodation Web Links

http://tourism.southburnett.com.au/k...ommodation.htm

Wotif.com.au

needitnow.com.au
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:58 AM
MINE!
Joined Jul 2003
3,186 Posts
Before reading some of these answers, please note as per one of my previous posts the airport is not closed to manned aviation, therefore that comes with very strict rules, laws and obligations.

Will team/s be permitted to do any of the following:
* erect our own marquee and/or tent ( airside) ?

definitely not allowed

* erect our own marquee and/or tent (non-airside) ?

no, adequate space is provided for all teams

* bunk overnight onsite (sleeping bag/cam cot/etc) in either of the above. ( eg, leave one person onsite to ensure the safety of equipment)?

no - but contacting the glider club for possible lodgings at their place which is near the airport may be possible?

* leave vehicle/s at the airport overnight ( airside )?

definitely not allowed

* leave vehicle/s at the airport overnight ( non-airside )?

yes - in the airport carpark (obviously at owners risk)

* use a vehicle air-side during the competition day/s ( for attaching antenna/s to in a portable manner )

yes - however, only vehicles that are necessary for the team to function. There is a complete safety brief and strict rules on airside movements that will be given at the OBC for everyone before any airside movements are permitted.

Quote:
Q: Are and details about insuranceform on the http://www.uavoutbackchallenge.com.au site to be found ?

I only stored the link from 2009 https://qutpay.qut.edu.au/CART/Produ...4-2009-02.aspx
Do we still need to pay the hefty $770?

Q: Will our worldwide valid insurance we already have be enough if we provide proof?

Notes:
Have not seen any form on main website about insurance. Since we have the dis-advantage of being in 8 hour difference timezone get a little tricky for us to provide on the 7th.
Should be in an email to all S&R teams, and now all AD teams. If anyone is still missing the forms, let us know asap.

cheers

Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:21 AM
OpenUAS
Amsterdam
Joined May 2009
68 Posts
Have it, all done.
Last edited by openuas; Sep 07, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:53 AM View Post
bunsenburner
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:57 AM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,136 Posts
The good old Bunsen Burner at it again
Bilox is online now Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:08 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Blah blah
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by GrahamWilson; Sep 21, 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: I responded to false information posted by bunsunburnet
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:25 PM
MINE!
Joined Jul 2003
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Got some unfortunate news again, my source has just informed me that the comp is cancelled for the second year. Due to the Queensland government cutting funding, the competition can no longer continue as planned. I understand this is a sad day for all of us, it hurts me the most personally because of all the time I have devoted to developing my sick plane which I won't ever get back.

Anyone in the Melbourne area who wants to catch up for a commiseratory drink, pm me for my private line.

Cheers guys,
Bunsen out
I'm going to leave your post here instead of removing it, only for 1 reason. The fact you are 100% incorrect.

The competition is in full swing, and I look forward to see all the teams, officials, sponsors, volunteers and associated people on Monday week to enjoy a great week of UAV activities.

Cheers

Mark
Head Scrutineer OBC 2012
Tech. Committee member OBC 2012
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:01 PM
OpenUAS
Amsterdam
Joined May 2009
68 Posts
Ah, good old Bunsenburner at it again , the ill-informed UAS enthusiast. Come to Kingaroy and we'll buy you a drink for making us laugh in our stressy days before the start of the great Australian UAV Outback Challenge of 2012.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:56 AM
Joined Mar 2011
56 Posts
final test flight complete

CanberraUAV did our final test flight before driving to Kingaroy today. We were pleased with how it went, with successful auto-takeoff, finding Joe and bottle drop.
I've attached a photo of Joe from this morning. See if you can spot him!
Jack, Steve, Chris and I are leaving Canberra to drive up to Kingaroy on Thursday, arriving sometime Friday afternoon. Will any other teams be arriving on the weekend? Maybe we could meet up to talk about the art of joe-finding?
Cheers, Tridge
tridge is offline Find More Posts by tridge
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:52 PM
Registered Crasher
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,136 Posts
Good luck guys!
Bilox is online now Find More Posts by Bilox
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:19 AM
OpenUAS
Amsterdam
Joined May 2009
68 Posts
@ CanberraUAV, you mentioned Auto-takeoff, hmmm nice feature, but no cigar, only if you have demonstrated it at Deliverable 1, you are allowed an autonomous takeoff... and since your where still tweaking the Auto-takeoff last week, sorry boys to late! (Yeah, we like to throw mud . Looking forward to meet your team and compete, strictly to the rules adherence ofcourse ... .

BTW more footage welcomed
Closed Thread