HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Mick Molloy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 07:21 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Surry Hills
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
Just got this from the website!

The deadline for team registrations for both UAV Challenge events has now passed and the organisers are pleased to announce that they have received a record number of entries for the upcoming competitions.

In the Search and Rescue event, to be held in September 2012, sixty-eight teams registered from sixteen different countries. As the deadline passed for submission of the Deliverable 1 (D1) document, 61 teams from 13 countries had submitted their documentation.

Teams submitting D1 are from Australia (38), Brazil (2), Canada (4), Estonia, Germany, India (2), Israel, Malaysia, Netherlands, Pakistan, UK, USA (7) and Venezuela. The thirty-six Australian teams are from all states and territories, except Tasmania: ACT (3), NSW (7), NT, QLD (13), SA, VIC (10) and WA (2).

Barry
BazDaddy is offline Find More Posts by BazDaddy
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:06 AM
FPVCuritiba
MarcosSouza's Avatar
Brazil, Curitiba
Joined Apr 2009
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane44 View Post
Marcos, are you to be using an Abequar?
Hi Hurricane44,

Yep, we'll use a derived version from ABEQUAR platform, a little bit bigger.

Well, my "wellcome" invitation seems to be accepted by some, so here we go.

The ABEQUAR Team
Location: Brasil
www.abequar.net.br

Regards

Marcos Souza
MarcosSouza is offline Find More Posts by MarcosSouza
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:12 AM
Registered User
TeamSAR_2011's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
16 Posts
Team SAR - Melbourne, Australia

Javelin UAV new and improved.

Cheers,
Stephen
TeamSAR_2011 is offline Find More Posts by TeamSAR_2011
Old Jul 30, 2011, 05:39 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazDaddy View Post
In the Search and Rescue event, to be held in September 2012, sixty-eight teams registered from sixteen different countries. As the deadline passed for submission of the Deliverable 1 (D1) document, 61 teams from 13 countries had submitted their documentation.
wow, that's a lot of entries!

If anyone would like to see what CanberraUAV submitted, our final D1 is available on google docs.

Good luck to everyone that entered!

Cheers, Tridge
tridge is offline Find More Posts by tridge
Old Jul 31, 2011, 04:41 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
56 Posts
our Senior Telemaster test platform for OBC

If anyone is interested in learning a bit more about the test platform we're using at the moment I've posted a blog with some pictures here:

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...ster-as-an-apm

It's not as sexy looking as some of the planes that other teams are using (I love the project andromeda plane!), but its a great test plane. We got some nice pictures of 'Joe' today at CMAC.

Cheers, Tridge
tridge is offline Find More Posts by tridge
Old Aug 01, 2011, 08:20 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
19 Posts
Hi

2 questions around the High School Airborne Delivery Challenge coming up

1) if we got our deliverables in by Friday 5pm, what would the turn around for the fly / no-fly decision? (airfares going up around $20 per week at the moment)

2) we have to hand in the tech report as a pdf, is this intended as a printable document or could we use the many extended features of the format to embed videos and animations instead of the still graphic? or could we hand in 2 tech reports, one with embedded video and animations (instead of a you tube video) and a printable version?

Thanks on behalf of my students
Richard Bastian
Riverton and District High School
tinybastian is offline Find More Posts by tinybastian
Old Aug 01, 2011, 10:25 PM
Mueller College
anthonyATteamMUROC's Avatar
Queensland, Australia
Joined Oct 2005
62 Posts
Authorised Transmitters for High School Comp.

Hi
We (well, a student has) a Turnigy 9x transmitter which has a C tick on the back however these transmitters aren't on the approved list of trannies for MAAA fields which Calvert is. As I understand it, Kingaroy in past years was NOT an MAAA field, hence these transmitters were allowed (could be wrong though). Your thoughts?
anthonyATteamMUROC is offline Find More Posts by anthonyATteamMUROC
Old Aug 02, 2011, 02:06 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Surry Hills
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
Hi

Im still very new in Australia and was just wondering if some one could point me to the best Australian online hobby store and the best hobby shop in Queensland (one that specializes in aircraft)
BazDaddy is offline Find More Posts by BazDaddy
Old Aug 02, 2011, 02:11 AM
Registered User
TeamSAR_2011's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazDaddy View Post
Hi

Im still very new in Australia and was just wondering if some one could point me to the best Australian online hobby store and the best hobby shop in Queensland (one that specializes in aircraft)
Australian hobby shops suck and are way over price!

But if you're desperate, www.desertaircraft.com.au is in QLD

Else Hobbyking.com has a warehouse in NSW, they're the cheapest depending on what you're looking for

Everyone else sucks

TeamSAR_2011 is offline Find More Posts by TeamSAR_2011
Old Aug 02, 2011, 06:55 AM
Registered User
Pants's Avatar
Australia
Joined Mar 2002
419 Posts
Quote:
Everyone else sucks
You are joking right?
Pants is offline Find More Posts by Pants
Old Aug 02, 2011, 08:59 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Surry Hills
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
You are joking right?
what do you recommend ?
BazDaddy is offline Find More Posts by BazDaddy
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:35 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazDaddy View Post
what do you recommend ?
I have somewhat limited exposure to this kind of stuff having only got into it at the start of the year, but I am based in Australia and I have used the following online shops:
Electronics (eg Arduino boards)
Little Bird Electronics
Toys Down Under
SparkFun
DIYDrones
RC Supplies (eg Motors)
HobbyKing
ARK RC

Some of the stuff takes a while to ship, but its not too dear in shipping prices.

As for brick and motar stores, I find them somewhat unhelpful. They seem to focus more on the modelling community than the RC community. Having said that, JayCar Electronics, Bunnings Warehouse and Home Hardware are always good for odds and sods.
Narwhal is offline Find More Posts by Narwhal
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:54 AM
Registered User
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2005
325 Posts
Wow! Two teams from WA. I haven't entered myself though i am a UAV enthusiast.
If members of those teams are reading this thread I'd love to meet up and see your projects .
Regards,
Nick
nick.sargeant is offline Find More Posts by nick.sargeant
Old Aug 02, 2011, 08:01 PM
MINE!
Mick Molloy's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyATteamMUROC View Post
Hi
We (well, a student has) a Turnigy 9x transmitter which has a C tick on the back however these transmitters aren't on the approved list of trannies for MAAA fields which Calvert is. As I understand it, Kingaroy in past years was NOT an MAAA field, hence these transmitters were allowed (could be wrong though). Your thoughts?
The UAV Challenge is not an MAAA event, as long as the Transmitter complies with ACMA regulations it will be accepted.

Mick
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
Old Aug 02, 2011, 08:10 PM
MINE!
Mick Molloy's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybastian View Post
Hi

2 questions around the High School Airborne Delivery Challenge coming up

1) if we got our deliverables in by Friday 5pm, what would the turn around for the fly / no-fly decision? (airfares going up around $20 per week at the moment)

2) we have to hand in the tech report as a pdf, is this intended as a printable document or could we use the many extended features of the format to embed videos and animations instead of the still graphic? or could we hand in 2 tech reports, one with embedded video and animations (instead of a you tube video) and a printable version?

Thanks on behalf of my students
Richard Bastian
Riverton and District High School
1) ASAP after the tech committee meeting (31 Aug 2011)

2) PDF format is requested as it is a common cross platform / OS document format, you are welcome to include what you like in the PDF, please keep the file size to a reasonable level.

Mick
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
Last edited by Mick Molloy; Aug 02, 2011 at 08:28 PM.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Uav challenge outback 2011 leogarabello Australian Electric Flight Association 1 Feb 08, 2011 08:33 PM
Contest OFFICIAL - 2010 UAV Outback Challenge Forum Mick Molloy UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 589 Feb 02, 2011 05:18 PM
Discussion UAV Outback Challenge ommadawn FPV Talk 0 Sep 25, 2010 01:37 AM
Contest UAV Challenge Outback Rescue 2009 - Official Thread Mick Molloy UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 720 Nov 19, 2009 11:42 AM