SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by tftcrider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:23 AM
USA, OH, Belle Center
Joined Nov 2010
34 Posts
Discussion
Dipping into Helis

I plan on getting my first Heli soon. I am going to go with a blade Cx3. I want a coaxial heli because I hear they are way easier to fly. I have tried some helis out on realflight and I have some of the basics down.

Does anyone have any tips for me? Or any good mods I can make once I get comfortable with my chopper?
tftcrider is offline Find More Posts by tftcrider
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2011, 12:13 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,111 Posts
This is an easy one as I hear these questions all the time at work. The Coaxial helis are the best way to learn to fly and most are very stable. As for the CX3, its a good heli to learn on as it is essentially a CX2 with a different body and a head locking gyro.

My only tip is to go slow. When flying the CX2/3 you need to make small and smooth adjustments to the controls. If you try to fly by "banging the sticks" the heli will react fast and generally get into a situation that will result in a crash. The blade helis have a lot of power so try to be easy on the throttle for the first couple of flights or your flight can go south really quick.
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shooting my AR pistol
Old Feb 02, 2011, 04:38 PM
USA, OH, Belle Center
Joined Nov 2010
34 Posts
Thanks for the advice... I will be gentle on the sticks!
tftcrider is offline Find More Posts by tftcrider
Old Feb 04, 2011, 03:13 AM
Long Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
19 Posts
I don't know how much r/c experience you have already.

If you have any I would recommend skipping a co-axial and going straight for a

fixed pitch helicopter, especially if you are planning to fly collective pitch heli's

in the future. Fixed pitch will teach you skills you can use to pilot a collective

helicopter some day.

I personally got board flying a co-axial in about 30 min.

All helicopters are cool though!
flyinryanflyin is offline Find More Posts by flyinryanflyin