Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:28 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Беларусь, Минская область, Минск
Joined Sep 2011
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunet View Post
Why you didn't port AP_HAL library?
Because it in developing state. I will start when at least Release Candidate will be available.
Sir Alex is online now Find More Posts by Sir Alex
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:01 AM
Brazil, São Paulo, Sao Paulo
Joined Nov 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
Because it in developing state. I will start when at least Release Candidate will be available.
2.9.0 were released already and AP_HAL is final now. As diydrones migrated to github, what do you think in do it as well and fork their repository to make it easier to merge between versions?
trunet is offline Find More Posts by trunet
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:13 AM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Joined Sep 2011
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunet View Post
2.9.0 were released already and AP_HAL is final now. As diydrones migrated to github, what do you think in do it as well and fork their repository to make it easier to merge between versions?
2.9 does not have HAL. It will be at 3.0
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:24 AM
Joined Nov 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
2.9 does not have HAL. It will be at 3.0
My bad, I was seeing master branch instead ArduCopter-2.9.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:16 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,330 Posts
Is there anybody who has both a MPNG and a AC flight controller and is using both firmwares to compare? I am thinking of getting rid of my MultiWii Pro 2.0 board, and buying a ArduFlyer so I can use the un-ported ArduCopter. I never liked how MegaPirate flew.

I am curious if there are any performance differences between the MegaPirate firmware on a Mega board... and the official AC on a ArduFlyer that would make the switch worth it.

I have been flying with MultiWii for the past couple weeks and I want to go back to using Mission Planner, i Just do not want to go back to how MegaPirate flew.

Patiently waiting for 2.9 (or 3.0.... or whatever you guys are working on)
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:24 AM
Joined Nov 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
Is there anybody who has both a MPNG and a AC flight controller and is using both firmwares to compare? I am thinking of getting rid of my MultiWii Pro 2.0 board, and buying a ArduFlyer so I can use the un-ported ArduCopter. I never liked how MegaPirate flew.

I am curious if there are any performance differences between the MegaPirate firmware on a Mega board... and the official AC on a ArduFlyer that would make the switch worth it.

I have been flying with MultiWii for the past couple weeks and I want to go back to using Mission Planner, i Just do not want to go back to how MegaPirate flew.

Well, megapirateng only has support for some more boards/sensors. I think the greatest difference is the MPU6050 acc+gyro support that is I2C and does not support SPI.

The base code is the same, so, it has to fly almost equal. I have both and I can say that both flies well when you tune your PIDs correctly.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:36 AM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
is there a big differences between aiop v1 and v2? it seems to me arduplane branch was not updated since Dec...... I wonder if i can use v1 board config on v2 board
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:11 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post

MPNG 2.9 R2 based on ArduCopter 2.9-rc5 is in the trunk:
http://code.google.com/p/megapirateng/source/checkout

Tested it yesterday and it flew amazingly well with stock settings. A huge difference against previous versions!

Looks like the ArduCopter team made it better this time. Keep in mind that the copy can't fly any better than the original. They also introduced a new methode to calibrate the ACC in the MegaPlanner. Maybe worth a last shot?

@ Sir Alex: Good job!
Only problem I had: as soon as I re-connected the lipo, the ESCs were beeping as if they didn't get enough juice. Can this also be related to the problem in the motors lib?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:35 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,330 Posts
Oh awesome. I did not know 2.9R2 was available. I might have to give that a try here soon
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:01 PM
Happy FPV pilot
Italy
Joined Feb 2009
148 Posts
Quote:
Porting of ArduCopter 2.9-rc4 almost done. I'm looking for Beta testers!

The MPNG 2.9 R1 (available via SVN) ......
Sir Alex, first of all thank you for your effort in porting this great firmware!

I'm using 2.8R2 and it works great!

How is it going 2.9 beta test? I'd like to give it a try (with a "spendable" quad) but I'm not sure to be able to download from SVN all needed modules. I wonder if you are planning to release a 2.9 beta version in download area.

Thanks again!

Luciano
lucianozan is offline Find More Posts by lucianozan
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:53 PM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Joined Sep 2011
703 Posts
I'm just updated SVN. MPNG 2.9 R3 available for testing.
I'm restored AP_Motors, so HEXA's and other configurations must work well.
There is also minor fixes in code.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:59 PM
Discovering the joys of flying
Brazil, SC, Joinville
Joined Aug 2012
781 Posts
Damn, just uploaded 2.9 to my quad just before you commit the last changes. Well, back to svn
Anyways, thanks a lot Sir Alex
Adilson is offline Find More Posts by Adilson
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:08 PM
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
I'm just updated SVN. MPNG 2.9 R3 available for testing.
I'm restored AP_Motors, so HEXA's and other configurations must work well.
There is also minor fixes in code.
Thank you, Motors are running now on my Octa Quad but I have some weired twitches in motor rpm while holding the copter on the ground without moving it. I have to make some more tests.
jimbobsi is offline Find More Posts by jimbobsi
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:21 PM
Aleksey Kharlanov
Joined Sep 2011
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobsi View Post
Thank you, Motors are running now on my Octa Quad but I have some weired twitches in motor rpm while holding the copter on the ground without moving it. I have to make some more tests.
Check the AHRS_GPS_GAIN parameter, it must be set to 0.

I'm recommend for all users to ERASE all settings before first use. (Go to CLI ->setup -> erase)
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:45 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,225 Posts
I always erase the EEPROM before I flash new firmware.

btw: my problem with beeping motors still isn't solved with R3. As long as I don't unpower the board after flashing, all is good. As soon as I unplug/replug the lipo the ESCs beep as if they didn't get a throttle signal. Doesn't happen on 2.8 or with MWC.

What could it be?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member