HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2011, 06:06 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Aug 2010
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarteam View Post
Hi Pirates,

Back again from vacation and business trip with a new MegaPirate version.
This one is based on the Arducopter 2.0.38

Unfortunately the sonar code is broken, need some advise from Syberian
Sunday i'v tested this code (Arducopter 2.0.38 w broken sonar) on my hexa copter . It was a verry windy day, but with the default PID settings , it fly's disconcerting good

I will test the new fixed code soon as possible And try to tweak my PID settings with no wind

Menno, great work, good job

Mietse.
joekel is offline Find More Posts by joekel
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2011, 09:29 PM
Oleg
Omsk,RU
Joined Dec 2008
806 Posts
Well, it seems I have to grab Menno`s code and re-deploy my tweaks. It would be easier than diggin thru all these improvements line-by-line at B8
Syberian is offline Find More Posts by Syberian
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:26 AM
France, Pays de la Loire, Carquefou
Joined Mar 2009
153 Posts
Well, il will try it too until Syberian release a new version
cestb is offline Find More Posts by cestb
Old Aug 09, 2011, 02:04 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekel View Post
Sunday i'v tested this code (Arducopter 2.0.38 w broken sonar) on my hexa copter . It was a verry windy day, but with the default PID settings , it fly's disconcerting good

I will test the new fixed code soon as possible And try to tweak my PID settings with no wind

Menno, great work, good job

Mietse.
Well done!, you brave one . Post your PID finding here, that might help others too.

Menno
joebarteam is online now Find More Posts by joebarteam
Old Aug 09, 2011, 02:10 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syberian View Post
Well, it seems I have to grab Menno`s code and re-deploy my tweaks. It would be easier than diggin thru all these improvements line-by-line at B8
He Oleg,

Well, I tried to keep all your stuff in it .
RC Switch still in it, A5 CLI setup although I changed that a bit (in defines.h) to keep it close to the AC releases. APM.RC tiny changes, APM.ADC small changes for the new rangefinder lib
Don't know about any other tweaks yet. Camera support is in the AC code so I just copied that.
Just to proof that your hardware libs are great!.

I really hope more pirates are able to compile and fly it without errors just as with the B8 release.
I already received feedback from 8 persons, some have already did test-fly it so I'm hopeful.

One thing, I received a compile error feedback from two persons.
The opticalflow lib depends on the SPI lib, I did not include that one because it is an arduino core lib. 6 others did not have that problem, but if somebody has that compile error please use the original arduino spi lib, just copy it to the libraries folder.

Menno
Old Aug 09, 2011, 03:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Hi Menno I have also flashed the new firmware to my quad every thing looks fine and I have just finished building a gps bob and that is working fine with the code too,
The only problem I have now is the weather it just wont stop blowing a gale
I will post back here once ive had a chance to test fly it
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old Aug 09, 2011, 04:44 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,130 Posts
Menno: I compiled and uploaded your code just fine - after adding the SPI folder (btw. it's always good & helpful to provide all necessary files in the ZIPs) - and everything looks good in the GUI exept for the GPS. Neither the AUTO nor the NMEA worked.
I guess I need to change the baudrate somewhere? Either this or the pinout changed.
Also the pitch&roll channels were swapped, no problem.

But 1 prob remains: when I power the Flyduino I can't arm the motors. The green LED is flashing constantly as if it was already armed.

Will investigate on it later today since I dont have much time atm.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:43 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Menno: I compiled and uploaded your code just fine - after adding the SPI folder (btw. it's always good & helpful to provide all necessary files in the ZIPs) - and everything looks good in the GUI exept for the GPS. Neither the AUTO nor the NMEA worked.
I guess I need to change the baudrate somewhere? Either this or the pinout changed.
Also the pitch&roll channels were swapped, no problem.

But 1 prob remains: when I power the Flyduino I can't arm the motors. The green LED is flashing constantly as if it was already armed.

Will investigate on it later today since I dont have much time atm.
Hi Norbert,

Will update the file with the SPI folder
Pitch & roll: in the apm_rc.cpp you can define four different layouts:

Quote:
//##################################################
// Define one from your Receiver/Serial channels set. This can be used for both the PPM SUM and the normal point-to-point receiver to arduino connections

//#define TX_set1 //Graupner/Spektrum PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,CAMPITCH,CAMROLL

//#define TX_standard //standard PPM layout Robbe/Hitec/Sanwa ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,CAMPITCH,CAMROLL

//#define TX_set2 // some Hitec/Sanwa/others PITCH,ROLL,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,CAMPITCH,CAMROLL

#define TX_mwi // MultiWii layout ROLL,THROTTLE,PITCH,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,CAMPITCH,CAMROLL
That could also be your 'not arming' problem, maybe the throttle is not the throttle and yaw is not yaw
Although... quick flashing normally means the initial setup has not run or finished, but you probably already know that from the ArduCopter code.

Regarding the GPS and baudrate and serialport layout. No those have not changed AFAK, I don't have the NMEA but maybe it is an option to use the GPS lib from B8. There are some updates to it, but minor.

I could use your hardware, would be a very nice secondary test platform

Menno
Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:44 AM
J'ai remis la purée
Joined Mar 2011
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07 View Post
Hi Menno I have also flashed the new firmware to my quad every thing looks fine and I have just finished building a gps bob and that is working fine with the code too,
The only problem I have now is the weather it just wont stop blowing a gale
I will post back here once ive had a chance to test fly it
Yeah, same weather here Nice that the firmware flash did work.
Keep us informed.

Menno
Old Aug 09, 2011, 06:56 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
I have now managed a small test flight in my garden using the new 2.0.38 firmware it is quite stable and may need a little tweeking but it is an improvement over the 2.0.33 release, the yaw control is much better,
I have also just finished building my gps bob that I got from Goofy23 (The Flyduino guy) and installed it on to my quad and Iam pleased to report that it is working fine using the new code from menno (see pics below)

I did add this #define SERIAL2_BAUD 38400 into the APM_Config.h

I also changed this as it didnt seem to work when defined Auto

//#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_AUTO
#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_NMEA

I also had to make this alteration as I did before to get the accel working in the right direction
Allinone Code Alteration
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:09 PM
Oleg
Omsk,RU
Joined Dec 2008
806 Posts
Hooray! I had reached the clouds with my Pirate Ship

Megapirate Plane cloud surfing FPV (4 min 44 sec)
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:28 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,130 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTxqGsIHD9Y
Crazy! But excellent job...
Is it allowed to fly that high where you live?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:39 PM
Oleg
Omsk,RU
Joined Dec 2008
806 Posts
Sure not!
But at least, I had checked the local airlines shedule when choosing my jump point and time.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 12:51 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Aug 2010
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Look in the "AP_GPS_Auto.cpp" file (2.038 lib ) and uncommend the next line:

#define WITH_NMEA_MODE 1

and set your GPS in the APM_Config.h to:

#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_AUTO

This solve my problem

Mietse
joekel is offline Find More Posts by joekel
Old Aug 09, 2011, 01:08 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
555 Posts
Quote:
There is no question that I will have to do that sooner or later. But I am sooo busy with muti-rotors that I am delaying learning about planes.

That is a very nice ground-station monitor. What size/brand/model is it?

Also, is there hope that the Ardu-Oleg-OSD will support the display of altitude or GPS coords in the future?
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder