HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by turbinefancy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 02:32 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
727 Posts
Gallery
Squadron of Progress

This past year and half have been fun. I had not flown an RC model for 20 years but the PZ Corsair, with its gentle flying characteristic quickly rebuilt my skills and rekindle my love for RC flight. With an upgraded motor, my corsair excels at sportsman aerobatics. After 300+ flight, including 2 incidents of lost/delayed radio control, the plane still has not broken any foam parts and is still my favorite warm-up plane. The addiction grows....

FMS Skytrainer 182 - to teach my kid and dad how to fly.

Rob Smith Esport 10 - inexpensive classic pattern plane charm, tracks like an arrow, even survived a torn off motor/firewall in flight with only torn landing gear

3DHS Vyper - a hybird to try my hand at 3D while retaining some look and feel of pattern flying

Starmax F/A 18 - my EDF trainer and a good one at that, no longer in my hangar.

Unique Model Tech T-50 - sweet looking EDF jet with robust electric servoless retracts and sprung gear doors and electric raising canopy/cockpit as battery hatch, a little slow but very stable.

GP ElectriFly Fokker Dr1 - great looker, I have honed my rudder skills on the Corsair and wanted to continue challenge myself to practice on a hard to land model. Still not quite there yet.

FMS P-51 - Mustang is my all time favorite warbird and this is my first RC model. It's now tuned to fly like a pattern plane and can draw 300 ft wide loops with ease. Looks awesome!
turbinefancy is offline Find More Posts by turbinefancy
Last edited by turbinefancy; Feb 06, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:47 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Very nice collection of planes there what do you think to the FMS planes ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:20 PM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
727 Posts
Glad you are thinking along the same lines. I just started flying the FMS P-51 V5. The servos and esc that came with it are junk, so I recommend getting the kit version. It takes some time and patience to build right. Flies and looks great in the air. Slows and lands predictably like a trainer yet also performs like a pattern plane when pushed. The servoless retracts are hassle free fun if you haven't played with those before.

If you are a Mustang fan, wait a month or so for the V6 version. It will be even more scale with retractable tail gear and doors. You may want to consider the new Starmax version also.

Latest FMS models like the Spitfire and Corsair are designed better with more stock power and require no mods (other than adjusting CG) to fly well.

Overall the large FMS warbirds offer scale looks, easy flying (with minor tweaking) at great value. The foam can take a beating as well. GET ONE!
turbinefancy is offline Find More Posts by turbinefancy
Old Feb 02, 2011, 03:42 PM
USA, OH, Belle Center
Joined Nov 2010
34 Posts
Awesome fleet. Parkzone Corsair is a ton of fun. When you turn it towards you in flight and that gull wing is coming at you...no plane looks better!
tftcrider is offline Find More Posts by tftcrider