HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:45 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,788 Posts
Discussion
the simple joy of flying...2ch

so i bought a 2 ch air hog A10. not the best, or even the best for an airhog, but it flew, and it was fun, and i crashed it a few hard times. i spend so much time building complex models, but some times it s fun just to fly a toy.

do you find your 'fun' hobby has become less fun?
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2011, 05:27 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
I enjoy 2ch flying as well. Whenever I get a little tired with my current project, I try going to something new, like a foam build (most would have to try a balsa build) or a F/F plane. Try to do something that will really test your abilities, like studying and then building a scale subject. It will make you enjoy your other planes even more, and it might even help you improve them.

I also like to switch up my flying style a bit. If I'm doing a lot of 3D, throw-the-sticks flying, I go and focus on landings or precision aerobatics (pattern flying). It really does help all other aspects of your flying.

-Kody
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Old Feb 01, 2011, 06:34 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,864 Posts
I've been learning 3D lately , but I frequently go back to flying my Slowstick , Vapor or homemade 2-channel ( R T ) for the fun and relaxation.
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Feb 01, 2011, 09:52 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,690 Posts
I got out my original Aero Ace out the other day for the first time in over 2 years and took it to our indoor session. I fly all kinds of different stuff, but I had more fun flying my little Aero Ace than I have any of my other "better" planes this year
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Feb 02, 2011, 06:50 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
I really fly and build more 2chs than my other more complex planes. you can see some "evidence" of this in my blog

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:50 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,489 Posts
Picked up a HZ Champ and it fills that need to slow easy flight. Lots of expensive helicopters sitting in the house while I'm in the back yard flying that putt putt.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:34 PM
MAD MEN QCRC
Joined Jun 2006
604 Posts
My son and I often meet for lunch and in good weather after dessert we do some flying at a nearby ball diamond. The rule is Air Hogs only and the good stuff stays at home. Those flying sessions are really fun and relaxing! We both got back into RC when we discovered the Aero Aces a few years back and they remain some of our favorite little planes Bill
RCBilly is offline Find More Posts by RCBilly
Old Feb 03, 2011, 12:00 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,788 Posts
i love those things becausse you can crash them all day and they keep flying.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Feb 03, 2011, 02:05 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,482 Posts
Yup, 2ch planes are the most relaxing. Easy to setup and simple to control
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Feb 03, 2011, 02:10 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
and no need for binding for switching to another plane...

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Feb 03, 2011, 05:27 PM
Storm Runner guy
USA, OK, Muskogee
Joined Nov 2008
3,581 Posts
There is something to be said for drops in radio communication too. It just doesn't matter to the plane !
Plane goes out of range, drops to the floor, pick it up, off we go again.
With all the damage that nose landings can and do leave with scars on 'finer' aircraft, these ready to go jobbies are just really fun to push out til they drop. I read many cases of drop outs causing expensive damage and then go outside with my SingleWing or ITC F-22 and don't even think about all that.
Slider2732 is offline Find More Posts by Slider2732
Old Feb 03, 2011, 07:57 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
922 Posts
I have to thank the air hogs line of planes, and mainly the bipe, for getting me into frc flying.
Probably 4 years ago i got one and now ive got 60 inch balsa nitros and a few 3d helis.

I like sticking with the micros for in the yard flying, nothing beats walking out the door and chucking one in the air. I have a 4g3 and the guts from my um suhkoi. I seem to make a new foamie for those guts every few days. I just love scratch building.

If anyone is interested i have a Starscream jet nib from radio shack. I bought 5 or 6 of these when they went on sale a few years ago.
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567