to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:07 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orni-freak View Post
You don't need bribes, it's a cinch. You'll pass no prob ...
Ahem, not so fast, let's just let Wayne speak his mind here. It sounds like he wants to pass the "first" time. Just wondering, will you be bringing your Contender?
Tom
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Last edited by TRISME; Feb 22, 2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:03 AM
Dang!....What else did I bring
Orange County, S. Cal
Joined Oct 2009
1,018 Posts
Lilly's today

Flew there from 3:30 to 5 and was maybe 10+ and dropping. but DG went great. (safer landing this time too!) then flew the Spirit Eleet and very calm sailing with some Slermaling.. but cold air.
Looks like we are on track to start getting better air with spring on it's way.
Jordan... I don't think I have seen you there yet? but sounds like you know the place.

Jeff
oletimer is offline Find More Posts by oletimer
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:05 AM
EPP Extrordinare
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Feb 2008
3,330 Posts
Today was nicer than yesterday it was actually W although when I first got there it was pretty bumpy. Just me and Lil-Lewis today having a ball combatting although all my plaes need a but of TLC after getting scraped to death on the street...

Tomorrow I'm going for my permit. I'm sure later this year I'll be able to visit Lillies and Laguna more often ...
Mr. Combat Certain is online now Find More Posts by Mr. Combat Certain
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:06 AM
EPP Extrordinare
Joined Feb 2008
3,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oletimer View Post
Jordan... I don't think I have seen you there yet? but sounds like you know the place.

Jeff
I've been there once, to get my registration. I'm looking forward to getting there on an epic day
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:55 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,199 Posts
Y'know... I STILL need to do my checkride so I can fly at Lilly's. One of these days I'll get that done.
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2011, 02:07 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISME View Post
Ahem, not so fast, let's just let Wayne speak his mind here. It sounds like he wants to pass the "first" time. Just wondering, will you be bringing your Contender?
Tom
The Contender is in need of a rebuild. It has a bad case of the uglies and some structural issues. But I have a Turbo and a Samurai ready to go. I also have a Zuny and a Rotor in the build pile. Hmm, twisty wings..

I'll probably just fly the Fox for the checkout. It is my go to plane for any new field. Then maybe the Typhoon if I like the landing area.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:37 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Sep 2009
577 Posts
Hi there everyone....

My name is Ken and I've been flying and building for about 15 years....to a few years off when I got married...had to dedicate some time to the wife...but I'm back into the action and flying all kinds of stuff. I started building as a kid with an old book that had 2d drawings of all the major jets of the time and my mother's boyfriend at the time that worked for Boing and had access to used balsa...he did testing and once the test peices failed, they would trash them...so huge blocks of balsa to be used. I started with an F-104 and after carving it out as a hand launch plane, it flew...just as it really does...without a motor...like a brick...or lawn dart...LOL

I graduated to a Gentle Lady that I built but never flew... and continued to grow in the building with a large F4U Corsair, again that never flew due to leaving it in the same room sa some dogs while we left to the fair or something...a true CRUNCHY...

Lately, I have built a Moth (heavy at ~30oz) and have repaired my Mini-1 (Heavy at ~30oz) and I have an ME-262 Lead Sled from Fermin that I got from...(oh...can't remember his name)

Here is a link to most of what I currenly have LINK on RCUniverse.

I fly mostly at Kite Hill and Lilly's and have flown Bluff Park, Fermin and a few other sites. I definatly prefer slope and building, but it's nice once in a while to pull something out with an electric motor and just fly...

Hope to see you all around.

Ken

ps...The picture of the Radian..is my plane, but a friend holding it...
Yablonsky is offline Find More Posts by Yablonsky
Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:48 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeevyhouse View Post
Y'know... I STILL need to do my checkride so I can fly at Lilly's. One of these days I'll get that done.
It's not as convenient for you as Laguna. Besides all the snakes, no lift, long hike, and over crowding from hostile locals, it's not a bad place.
Tom
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:48 PM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
Flew "Top of the world" in Laguna for the first time today with Keith and Lars. Wow !!!! What a great place to fly not to mention the view. It was my first time meeting Lars and I have met and flown with Keith a couple of times before. What a couple of great guys not to mention they are pretty good pilots too. Lars flew his Spider 60 and Keith flew his Speedo. I also brought my Spider 60 and Speedo. I let Lars try out my Spider to see what he thought of my set-up as I was unsure about it. It seemed a little more squirely than his but still flew ok. We checked it out in his workshop later and mine is about 1.5 oz heaver and a little more tail heavy. We'll try a little more nose weight the next time out and see how it goes. Lars was really Rippin' with his S60 and I can't wait to get some more stick time with mine and build some more confidence with it. I mostly flew my Speedo which I know well except for a few minutes on my Spider when Lars handed me the tx because he said he needed to take his heart medication even though he does not have a heart condition. Nice trick to get me to fly my own plane. Thanx Lars...I look foreword to many more afternoon sessions to come.

Craig Rebeck

P.S. I know I have not posted my Bio yet but most of you here already know and have flown with me. I'll get around to that soon. Happy Flying !!!
SOS-TopGunsBro is offline Find More Posts by SOS-TopGunsBro
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:51 AM
EPP Extrordinare
Joined Feb 2008
3,330 Posts
Nice Craig! I still need to try Top of the World again. I saw some good SW wind today glad you guys had fun.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:56 AM
EPP Extrordinare
Joined Feb 2008
3,330 Posts
BIG W WIND EXPECTED FRI-SAT!!!!!!! maybe sunday but weather sites are reporting 15mph+ if it doesn't rain it could be fun all over OC !!!!!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:53 AM
Launch and Recovery System
United States, CA, Laguna Beach
Joined Apr 2008
1,435 Posts
hehe

sorry about the heart med line Craig
L.A.R.S. is offline Find More Posts by L.A.R.S.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 02:15 AM
Aliso Viejo, CA
Joined Jul 2009
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVINOD View Post
sorry about the heart med line Craig
No problem Lars......unfortunately your fib about your heart condition actually compromised my heart condition.....lol .. Pretty soon my Spider 60 will be Howling through the skies of Upper Laguna on a regular basis just like yours.....
SOS-TopGunsBro is offline Find More Posts by SOS-TopGunsBro
Old Feb 24, 2011, 03:56 AM
Sane til the lift starts!
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Jun 2008
10,199 Posts
Yep, it was a pretty nice afternoon with relaxing, good lift conditions. I'm glad you made it out there Craig... it's always good to have new people at our local slope.
kpeevyhouse is offline Find More Posts by kpeevyhouse
RCG Plus Member